Ogre Butcher spells

By Terrorist Dwarf, in WFRP House Rules

Those are REALLY GREAT!

I would advise you to upload the files to RPGGEEK so they dont' get lost and buried in the stacks here. FFG periodically alters their website and we lose all links to all old posts.

jh

Those are REALLY GREAT!

I would advise you to upload the files to RPGGEEK so they dont' get lost and buried in the stacks here. FFG periodically alters their website and we lose all links to all old posts.

jh

Echo Emirikol here. I would also advise to upload all this to Liber Fanatica. It would be a great article for the next Liber fanatica.

Should I convert the Butcher path into a 5-career structure instead of the current 4-career structure? I was capping the Butcher to represent the Great Maw not have as much sway as the Empire gods, but currently, Ogres Butchers have no options for Heroic tier. I guess they could go Overtyrant, but suddenly becoming a leader of many tribes seems contrived. Thoughts?

I would stay 4 to keep it useful. 5th career is really just for super epic stuff like wizard lords, the emperor, etc. It's unlikely that PCs would ever be in that situation.

jh

Slaughter-Master-Front-Face_zps96231201.

Slaughter-Master-Back-Face_zpsc2761101.j

Slaughter-Mastercareer_zps86207e52.jpg

Firebelly-Front-Face_zpsffc3af63.jpg

Firebelly-Back-Face_zps40f70d09.jpg

Firebellycareer_zps3dbbf89b.jpg

Ogre-Hunter-Front-Face_zps29844c5b.jpg

Ogre-Hunter-Back-Face_zpsb7d7a4ed.jpg

Ogrecareer_zps83d5b364.jpg

Blood-Vulture-Front-Face_zps785b0f3e.jpg

Blood-Vulture-Back-Face_zps379fde95.jpg

Firebelly-Master-Front-Face_zps606121ca.

Firebelly-Master-Back-Face_zps08afae85.j

Firebelly-Master-career_zps1ac56d09.jpg

Slaughter-Lord-Front-Face_zps40280700.jp

Slaughter-Lord-Back-Face_zpsd7b303ee.jpg

Slaughter-Lord-career_zps1901f9ba.jpg

That should be enough for the rest of the week. I've still got a few I need to post, but I'll pick back up next Monday. Currently, only the Tyrant, Beast Rider and Overtyrant after left.

Oh, I forgot I've finished these.

A problem with playing with a mounted character with multiple mounts is you can only ride one at a time. Or how about if you want to stay in the same career and boost your capability with your mount?

Bonded-Beast-Front-Face_zpsb56f49f6.jpg

Mount-Savvy-Front-Face_zpsd0c830a6.jpg

Edited by Terrorist Dwarf

Tyrant-Front-Face_zpsb06ae135.jpg

Tyrant-Back-Face_zpsc34c3ddf.jpg

Tyrantcareer_zps6afd88c6.jpg

Ogre-Beast-Rider-Front-Face_zps60353f17.

Ogre-Beast-Rider-Back-Face_zps2e3616fa.j

Ogre-Beast-Ridercareer_zpsc5178a5c.jpg

Stonehorn-Front-Face_zpsab209dcf.jpg

Stonehorn-Back-Face_zps04ae8b04.jpg

Thundertusk-Front-Face_zps741f1685.jpg

Thundertusk-Back-Face_zpsda5feadb.jpg

Overtyrant-_zpsc821a54c.jpg

Overtyrant-Back-Face_zps88a493b9.jpg

Overtyrant-Front-Face_zpsf93c488a.jpg

Brawlerguts-Front-Face_zpsbe8b1256.jpg

Mawseeker-Front-Face_zps49e56ff6.jpg

Wallcrusher-Front-Face_zpsb82ee777.jpg

Mountaineater-Front-Face_zps8dab1879.jpg

Kineater-Front-Face_zps37a82314.jpg

Meatgifter-Front-Face_zps585abff7.jpg

Longstrider-Front-Face_zpsdbf5e906.jpg

Deathcheater-Front-Face_zps73f22c25.jpg

Beastkiller-Front-Face_zps415a8a5b.jpg

Edit: All Big Names are Reputation talents. Some in error, have been listed as Focus talents, which will be fixed in the coming days.

Edited by Terrorist Dwarf

Wonderful work here. Have a question to ask though.

With the Butchers, you've generally mentioned their lack of Gutplate in the fluff rather than as a rules mechanic.
If an Ogre PC moved into Butcher from Maneater would you expect the gutplate ability to be retained or is their lack of one, in your eyes, more like the Trollslayer armour strictures?

Fun stuff. For the most part I like it all, but with one small caveat:

I'd be very cautious about letting Ogres use Strength or Toughness instead of mental traits. I realize their mental traits suck, but the ogres have so many bonuses to Str/Tou, and the cost of those cheap boosts is supposed to be that they suck in other areas. I can't imagine the (players of any) non-ogres in the party are going to be pleased when suddenly the comic-relief encroaches on their character niche and outperforms them at it from out of nowhere. Bright Wizards, Ratcatchers, Knights and Outriders are all going to be suddenly overshadowed around Rank 3 and there's not much they can do to take their spotlight back once it's gone. Any fellowship-based career paths face roughly the same thing when Bruisers become inexplicably charming.

I'm not going to say these are broken per se. In an all-ogre party they certainly wouldn't be a problem at all, for example. But in party of mixed races and character concepts, some of these seem almost guaranteed to make the other players feel that they are unfair. Just a thought.

Edited by r_b_bergstrom