Starfighter Creation Thread

By LibrariaNPC, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

My project for the rest of the night and the weekend will be to stat up the Vipers and, if I can find the time and information, the starfighters from The Old Republic MMO.

Things may be a bit chaotic, but don't worry, I won't let this die until things are squared away :-D

I have a request if you have the time, a ship I'd love to throw at my players, the Agggressor Class Assault Craft. The most famous one was piloted by IG-88 and named the IG-2000. Of course this is a highly modified version of it. Here's the vital info the IG-2000:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-2000

I posted it in the freighter's thread here (exactly to the post). Enjoy!

The Vipers are done, and the next few posts will be dedicated to them!

Note : I made the Vipers rather expensive as they are purely military craft in the Battlestar Galactica Universe, but may not be considered as such in Star Wars.

I can see a reduction if they were mass produced and more prevalent, but I wouldn't put ANY of them any lower than a Z-95 in terms of cost.

Viper Mark II

275px-Bsg-viper-1.jpg

Series: Battlestar Galactica

Hull type: Starfighter

Ship Class: Viper Mark II

Manufacturer: Colonies

Hyperdrive: Not Equipped

Navcomp: N/A

Sensor Range: Short

Ship's Complement: Pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 8

Passenger Capacity: 0

Consumables: 2 days

Cost/Rarity: Not available for sale (estimated at 140,000 credits)

Customization Hard Points: 3*

Silhouette: 3

Speed: 4

Handling: +2

Defense: 0

Armor: 2

Hull Threshold: 8

System Threshold: 8

Weapons:

2 Fuselage mounted Mass Accelerator Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Auto-Fire; Linked 1; Accurate 1; Breach)

Fuselage mounted Lightning Javelin Missile Launcher (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-Firing 1)

*The Vipers are known to have areas to mount extra weapon pods or ammunition. 2 of the 3 Hard Points are for weapon systems only.

Note : I think I’ve balanced this out a bit. As the Vipers use rapid-firing railguns that let loose tracer rounds, I thought Breach and Accurate were proper to add to an Auto-Blaster.

Edited by LibrariaNPC

Viper Mark III

275px-Viper-Mk-III-Perspective.png

Cost/Rarity: Not available for sale (estimated at 160,000 credits)

Customization Hard Points: 3*

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 10

System Threshold: 9

Weapons:

2 Fuselage mounted 30mm Mass Accelerator Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Auto-Fire; Accurate 1; Breach; Linked 1)

2 Fuselage mounted Lightning Javelin Missile Launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 16, Slow-Firing 1; Linked 1)

*The Vipers are known to have areas to mount extra weapon pods or ammunition. 2 of the 3 Hard Points are for weapon systems only.

Viper Mark VII

275px-ViperMK7grey.jpg

Cost/Rarity: Not available for sale (estimated at 180,000 credits)

Customization Hard Points: 1

Speed: 5

Hull Threshold: 11

System Threshold: 10

Weapons:

3 “Wing” Mounted Kinetic Energy Weapons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Auto-Fire; Accurate 1; Breach; Linked 2)

2 Wing Mounted Lightning Javelin Missile Launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 16, Slow-Firing 1; Linked 1)

Special : The Mark VII is equipped with a powerful navigation system, granting a boost die to all piloting rolls made with the craft.

Was looking for some other ship for a game and came across this ship and thought it would be fun to see stated out.

Have fun with it ^.^

here's the link for the site I found it on

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/ugly_chal.cfm

05_ship-a-10.jpg

Edited by SynysterDreamer

Was looking for some other ship for a game and came across this ship and thought it would be fun to see stated out.

Have fun with it ^.^

here's the link for the site I found it on

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/ugly_chal.cfm

05_ship-a-10.jpg

I saw on a discussion that was basically an XY-Wing (or some similar approach to a name), but this adds a B-Wing into the mix! I can't see this becoming common because it takes all the flaws of a Y-Wing with the armaments of an X-Wing and B-Wing.

That said, I'll take a crack at it:

BXY Ugly ("Boxy")

05_ship-a-5_lil.jpg

Parts : Y-Wing fuselage, front cannons, torpedo launchers, shields, sensors. X-wing wings and cannons. B-Wing "wings" and weaponry.

Era: New Republic

Ship Class: Ugly

Manufacturer: Variable

Hyperdrive: Class 1

Navcomp: NA – Astromech Socket

Sensor Range: Close

Ship's Complement: Pilot, Astromech; Gunner (available in BTL-S3)

Encumbrance Capacity: 10

Passenger Capacity: 0 (1 if using BTL-S3 without a gunner)

Consumables: One Week

Cost/Rarity: Up to 95,000 credits / 8

Customization Hard Points: 0

Handling: -1

Defense: 1/1

System Threshold: 5

Weapons:

2 Forward mounted medium laser cannons ( Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)*

6 "wing" mounted medium laser cannons ( Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 5) *

Four of these are located on each wing of the X-Wing and on two are located on each "wing" fr om the B-Wing .

2 "wing" mounted ion cannons ( Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Ion, Linked 1)

2 Forward-mounted proton torpedo launchers (2 Forward-mounted proton torpedo launchers (Fire Arc ; Damage 8; Critical 2; Range [short]; Breach 6, Blast 6, Guided 2, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-Firing 1; Linked 1)

*It is possible to set the two forward mounted cannons to be linked with the others, bringing the Linked quality to 7.

Creator's Note : As the blurb made the ship sound TOO good, I went with my approach to writing up Uglies. The fuselage is a Y-Wing with some extra engines strapped on, but I believe it needs them just to even reach standard speeds thanks to the extra mass.

From what I remember, the B-Wing was given a very low system strain, and as this is just bristling with weapons (and a low chance of getting a better generator), I went with an even lower system strain to represent it.

It has the Hull closer to a Y-Wing due to mass, but I originally thought of making this a 9 instead. 10 just seems to work with this, but feel free to change it.

Shields were another debate due to the sheer amount of weapons. I may consider lowering them to 1/0 due to the power draw from the weaponry. Thoughts?

I went digging online and found the following list on Wookieepedia for the fighters from The Old Republic MMO.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of these? Time's a bit too short to go searching in depth like I tend to do.

Starfighters from The Old Republic MMO

· B-4D Legion (First appearance)

· F-T2 Quell (First appearance)

· F-T6 Rycer (First appearance)

· Flashfire (First appearance)

· FT-series

· FT-5A Honor Guard (First mentioned)

· FT-6 Pike (First appearance)

· FT-8 Star Guard (First appearance)

· G-2A gunship (First mentioned)

· GSS-3 Mangler (First appearance)

· GSS-5C Dustmaker (First appearance)

· GX-1 Onslaught (First appearance)

· IL-5 Ocula (First appearance)

· K-52 Strongarm (First appearance)

· M-7 Razorwire (First appearance)

· NovaDive (First appearance)

· Rampart Mark Four (First appearance)

· S-12 Blackbolt (First appearance)

· S-13 Sting (First appearance)

· S-SC4 Bloodmark (First appearance)

· SGS-41B Comet Breaker (First appearance)

· SGS-45 Quarrel (First appearance)

· TZ-2 transport (First mentioned)

· TZ-24 Enforcer (First appearance)

· VX-9 Mailoc (First appearance)

· Warcarrier (First appearance)

Edited by LibrariaNPC

I stumbled on this one while statting up a few freighters and thought it'd be fun to add:

Amphibious Fighter

250px-Mon_cal_fighter.jpg

Era : Rise of the Empire

Ship Class: Amphibious Fighter

Manufacturer: Mon Calamari Shipyards

Navcomp: Yes

Consumables: 1 week

Cost/Rarity: 158,000 (80,000 used)/7

Speed: 5

Handling: +1

Defense: 2/1

Weapons:

2 Wing Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Special : The Amphibious Fighter can act as a submersible after configuring the shields. This configuration leaves the ship with 1/0 defense, and it can reach a maximum depth of 1,000 meters.

Creator’s Note : This makes an appearance in a comic, and little else is noted. As the ship was pitted against Aethersprites, I assume it had reasonable speed and handling with a good hull and system threshold like all other Mon Cal fighters.

I was concerned about giving this a 2/1 defense rating for the backup shield generators that are common on Mon Cal ships, but with the hull being closer to a Z-95 than a Y-Wing, I felt it balanced out.

I'm not quite dead yet. The holiday weekend has kept me a bit busy away from statting up the ships from The Old Republic, and getting my hands on Dangerous Covenants probably didn't help matters ^^;

Still not dead! Just started moving into a new place so all of my EotE stuff is in a box in one house while I'm packing up at the other. It puts a damper on statting things ( even over on my freighter thread ), but I'm still working on things here, don't worry!

If anyone sends or posts a request, I'll try to make it a priority and work on it when I can!

Ahhh if you still want alternate fighters why not grab from Mark Hamill's other SciFi Wing Commander. Have fun lol.

Ahhh if you still want alternate fighters why not grab from Mark Hamill's other SciFi Wing Commander. Have fun lol.

I haven't read, watched, or played anything from the series, so it'd be like the one Babylon 5 ship: pure conjecture. It's on my to-do list, but time has never seemed to be on my side for it.

The same goes for Space: Above and Beyond, Babylon 5, and even films like The Last Starfighter, most of which are sitting in a binder of DVDs since my college days, waiting for this odd concept of "Free Time."

The last starfighter only needs two stats - the shio itself has Deathblossom, and opponents change their ship stats to "We die."

The last starfighter only needs two stats - the shio itself has Deathblossom, and opponents change their ship stats to "We die."

Heh, noted. I just remember a group was doing a similar project like this with the d6 version of the game and put in a few favorites from other sci-fi series. This one came up, so I figured why not (whenever I can watch the blasted film, that is).

Alright, I'm kind of back in the cockpit and writing things up again. Work has kept me rather busy these past few weeks, and this week I've been spending most of my waking time either at work or moving into my new place (and when I'm not doing either, I don't have internet due to the move).

But things have slowed enough for me to start adding stats again. I decided to write this one up while I was reading The Jedi Path during some downtime (i.e. waiting for someone and/or taking a breather between trips), and thought it'd be a fun pure speculation ship to include:

Savage Star Fighter

250px-SavageStar-TJP.jpg

Era: Old Republic

Ship Class: Savage Star Fighter

Manufacturer: Unknown (Kuat? Republic Engineering?)

Hyperdrive: Class 2

Navcomp: Equipped; Limited to 4 Jumps

Sensor Range: Close

Consumables: One Week

Cost/Rarity: Not available for sale (Estimated at 150,000 credits)/7 ®

Customization Hard Points: 2

Defense: 1/1

Weapons:

Two “wing” mounted laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Two cockpit mounted auto-blasters (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Auto-Fire; Linked 1)

Creator’s Note : There was nothing beyond a picture and a name for this, but I thought it looked interesting enough to stat out. EVERYTHING here is pure guesswork based on the era and the role the ship appears to take, which is an anti-starfighter vehicle.

The auto-blasters were just added as they appear to be smaller than the other laser cannons, but it seemed odd to have one set of medium and one set of light; having a pair of auto-blasters, on the other hand, makes this ideal for strafing a target or firing at a swarm of vehicles.

The ONLY comparison we see is to another non-existent ship, the Kuat Redshift, but there isn’t enough to really go on. . .

Speculation/Debates : I am debating on the following changes:

--Auto-blasters with two more mediums (for Linked 3)

--Addition of torpedo launchers (I think it’s best for those hard points)

--Reduction of handling to 0 for an increase in Hull to 12

--Increase of speed from 4 to 5 (those engines are HUGE)

ARC-170?

Edit: Never mind. You spelt it out and that confused me I guess. :P

Edited by swiftdraw

ARC-170?

Edit: Never mind. You spelt it out and that confused me I guess. :P

Yeah, I should probably fix that in the "table of contents" but I'm always iffy about putting on nicknames/shortened versions for things; people barely even read the names I have posted, after all!

(Seriously, I get messages for ships I've already statted!)

Edited by LibrariaNPC

Flashfire

250px-FlashFire.jpg

Ship Class: Flashfire

Manufacturer: Corellia StarDrive

Navcomp: Equipped

Encumbrance Capacity: 6

Consumables: 3 days

Cost/Rarity: Not available for sale (Estimated at 235,000 credits)/7

Speed: 6

Defense: 1/0

Armor: 2

Hull Threshold: 9

Weapons:

Two forward mounted laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Two forward mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4; Blast 4; Guided 3; Limited Ammo 12; Slow-Firing 1)

Creator’s Note: According to the fluff, this thing is fast and heavily armed. It also claims it is heavily armored, which may be a balance issue, thus the Armor 2. Fluff also states this can equip a quad cannon, so I think that’s just the conflict between video games and tabletop balance.

That said, I was debating if this would be closer to a TIE fighter or a TIE Interceptor; as you can tell I went with the latter.

I hate having another hiatus, but I'm moving into the new place this weekend and will be away from computers and my books until sometime next week.

The next ship on my scribbled docket is the NovaDive , so expect to see that soon!

Alright, throwing this one up before vanishing a bit again. Been scrambling to get caught up at work and moving into the new place, but I at least wanted to offer up another ship for you all:

NovaDive

250px-NovaDrive.jpg

Ship Class: NoveDive

Manufacturer: Corellia StarDrive

Navcomp: Equipped; Limited to 3 jumps

Sensor Range: Medium

Encumbrance Capacity: 7

Cost/Rarity: Estimated at 190,000 credits/8

Speed: 6

Armor: 1

Hull Threshold: 8

Weapons:

Two wing mounted laser cannons (

Two fuselage mounted rocket launchers (

Creator’s Notes and weaponry stats to come at a later time.

Edited by LibrariaNPC

So my plan for Old Republic ships fell to the wayside as I started statting up Freighters, but since I hit a snag there, I've picked up two new fighters to work on for my 7 BBY game and I'll be working on capital ships again in the near future.

But for now, here's a new ship for you!

HH-87 Starhopper

250px-HH87Starhopper-SWE.jpg

Era: Rise of the Empire

Ship Class: HH-87 Starhopper

Manufacturer: Unknown (The Hutts)

Navcomp: Equipped

Cost/Rarity: 65,000 credits (45,000 used)/4

Handling: 0

Weapons:

2 Fuselage Mounted Twin Laser Cannons ( Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Heavy-95

250px-Z-95Headhunter.png

Era : Rebellion

Ship Class: Heavy-95

Manufacturer: Incom/Subpro

Navcomp: None

Ship's Complement: One Pilot; Astromech unit on some models

Consumables: One day

Cost/Rarity: 85,000 credits (45,000 used)/5

Weapons:

2 Wing mounted light laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

2 Forward mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 12, Slow-Firing 1)

Statter’s Note: This ship seems like a Z-95 with some additions, which is really is, but since it was BUILT like this, I can see it still having hard points to use for further upgrades. Not many, mind you, but still having something.

It is possible to raise this to 2 HP without breaking it (as was in my original notes), but I decided against it at this time.