Compiled Resources List

By Nate, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

Did anyone ever put together a list of all the talents (just the names), which career specializations have them, and the relevant sourcebooks?

For example, I'm creating a Consular/Healer character for FaD, but would like to track down any out-of-career specializations (even from EotE and AoR) which also offer ranks in Physician and Surgeon.

OK I have it all added to my Google Doc. I listed them all by specialization, but you can search the document to see what other specs have the talent you want. Hope it is helpful!!!!

(You will have to select the Talents by Career tab at the bottom)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VF_zDO-v5jappYRG5GGUxFi9engj8fFCz9QuPexvXvE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Screenmonkey

Looks good, thanks! :)

I have created a document with all Talents, alphabetically. However, it does not refer to the Specializations; I just tried to create a complete reference (with Cyphers & Masks still missing).

Star Wars The Book of Talents V1-0.docx

1 hour ago, PzVIE said:

I have created a document with all Talents, alphabetically. However, it does not refer to the Specializations; I just tried to create a complete reference (with Cyphers & Masks still missing).

Star Wars The Book of Talents V1-0.docx

Your link doesn't work for me.

6 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

I simply uploaded it to this forum here ... it works for me.

Any idea where I could upload it? BGG might be a possiblitly, but it needs to go through Geekmod, which is about 3 or 4 days.

6 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Ditto.

6 hours ago, PzVIE said:

I simply uploaded it to this forum here ... it works for me.

Any idea where I could upload it? BGG might be a possiblitly, but it needs to go through Geekmod, which is about 3 or 4 days.

OneDrive/Dropbox/iCloud and put a link here?

22 hours ago, Screenmonkey said:

OK I have it all added to my Google Doc. I listed them all by specialization, but you can search the document to see what other specs have the talent you want. Hope it is helpful!!!!

(You will have to select the Talents by Career tab at the bottom)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VF_zDO-v5jappYRG5GGUxFi9engj8fFCz9QuPexvXvE/edit?usp=sharing

I just noticed a spelling error (which of course makes searches difficult). On the Talents by Career tab, under Sentinel/Artisan, the tier 1 talent "Mental Tools" has been spelled as "Menal Tools".

Fixed!!! Please point out any others if you find them!

I am adding some abbreviations for the sources, and I'm working on a talents list that shows the specs that have said talent.

Corrected a few other spelling mistakes, added an abbreviations glossary and information tab, working on Specializations by Talent as I type this. *EDIT* I only got through Grit so far. It is a lot of work. Will hopefully finish by end of the week though!

Edited by Screenmonkey
updated progress

Here is an alternate character sheet I created, in case someone is looking for something different. Enjoy!

Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uCy5ewXhupPkvAVF_owH5qOCTYRrJMGL .

Edited by JamesRBrown
Updated and fixed tiny alignment issue.

@JamesRBrown : That link doesn't work (for me at least).

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

@JamesRBrown : That link doesn't work (for me at least).

I added a link to my google drive file that you should be able to access. So, please revisit and let me know if you like it!

All I did for the first link was upload and attach the pdf file to the actual post. I tested it and it downloaded directly into my downloads folder. So, maybe it has something to do with your download settings? I am using a Mac. I don't know if that makes any difference.

@JamesRBrown : Thanks for the Google drive link.

The sheet looks good! I'm always on the look-out for b/w printer-friendly character sheets, preferably with as little decoration/watermark as possible so that I can make notes on the sides, etc.

One spelling nit-pick: the skill is "Xenology" (not "Zenology").

Any plans to expand it to cover FaD and AoR? It would require the addition of the Lightsaber skill to the combat skills, and Warfare to the knowledge skills, plus a box for Force Rating (and possibly committed Force dice), and some way to track Morality and Duty. (Maybe instead of the character sketch box?)

Thanks for posting this for general use! :)

18 minutes ago, Bellona said:

One spelling nit-pick: the skill is "Xenology" (not "Zenology").

That's super embarrassing! I honestly don't know how that even happened or how I didn't see it. I am ridiculous about spelling and grammar!!! Yikes. I fixed it.

I'm not sure yet if I will be making a sheet for FaD or AoR. I'll see if my group likes the game enough to expand. Honestly, I made this because I couldn't find a form-fillable version I like (they always seem to be slightly off), and the official sheet isn't very attractive or printer-friendly to me. I designed this in Pages with text boxes so that I can type into it. Obviously, you cannot see them on the PDF.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:25 AM, Screenmonkey said:

Document updated to have full Specializations by Talents, sorry it took so long it was a lot of work. I should have Cyphers & Masks later today, and I will update the entire document accordingly!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VF_zDO-v5jappYRG5GGUxFi9engj8fFCz9QuPexvXvE/edit#gid=872079672

Very happy to see these reference sheets!

One tiny spelling nit-pick: on the General Information tab you have listed SoF as being "Sons of Fortune" ... it should be "Suns" instead. Otherwise there might be some very annoyed Correllian women! :)

I was wondering about the Toughened talent on the "Specializations by Talent" tab: would it be easier at this point to give that one talent two lines in the document? As it stands, when I download the PDF version that line gets cut off partway through "Agitator (Diplomat)".

I was also surprised to see so many species on the unofficial list, and was wondering if they might be lurking in module/adventure/scenario books or elsewhere. Does anyone have have any input on this question?

Despite all these questions, I am really grateful that you took the time to do this work. It makes character creation and future planning so much easier! :)

10 hours ago, Bellona said:

Very happy to see these reference sheets!

One tiny spelling nit-pick: on the General Information tab you have listed SoF as being "Sons of Fortune" ... it should be "Suns" instead. Otherwise there might be some very annoyed Correllian women! :)

I was wondering about the Toughened talent on the "Specializations by Talent" tab: would it be easier at this point to give that one talent two lines in the document? As it stands, when I download the PDF version that line gets cut off partway through "Agitator (Diplomat)".

I was also surprised to see so many species on the unofficial list, and was wondering if they might be lurking in module/adventure/scenario books or elsewhere. Does anyone have have any input on this question?

Despite all these questions, I am really grateful that you took the time to do this work. It makes character creation and future planning so much easier! :)

Fixed the Suns/Sons issue.

I think Toughened's list should show better now.

I have gone through every adventure and sourcebook so far and added everything that is an official playable species (if I missed one, please point it out!), that said, there are a few npc's of non official races. Some of those influenced some of the unofficial stats. I also grabbed some from some old WEG Star Wars books, and of course the other resources out there (The compendium and the Monster Database).

Thanks. The talents stuff was the most tedious! LOL

Edited by Screenmonkey

Here is a character sheet combining all three Star Wars RPG lines https://drive.google.com/open?id=1crcuL82Dnff-n6DK7JVRy5vICPHGCgAU .

Here is a full color version https://drive.google.com/open?id=16oLP1FuQgNjywhyMo91HwS2qLrDzzIlZ

To really make this work, you'll also need to get some Specialization Talent Tree sheets and Force Power sheets. There are some really good ones here . Just grab the pages appropriate for your character and use the check boxes to keep track of your Talents and Powers.

EDIT: Adjusted the Lightsaber skill so that the associated attribute can be noted by the player, since it can be changed. Also, added more flavor to the logos. Let me know which one you like best: Falcon or Tie Fighter?

Edited by JamesRBrown
Improvements; added color version

@Nate Some of this stuff is quite dead.

@Caied character sheet and @gribble resources are just a few of the ones that I happened to click on that are no longer viable.

Found another link to a similar sheet on reddit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uieaol7bga4c9kq/Force-and-Destiny-Character-Sheet-Form-Fillable-v3.pdf?dl=0

Details can be found at the following:

These links are still active too:

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

You can add my conversion of Traveller’s Pirates of Drinax campaign here if you like. PDF is here, and hex map of the Tion Cluster is here.

25 minutes ago, Screenmonkey said:

Updated my compiled list to include Ewok, Lasat and Jawa officially per Allies and Adversaries.

Hello @Screenmonkey , Thanks for this great spreadsheet. I noticed that the Instructor (Commander) and Strategist (Commander) are listed as two specs without dedication. I don't know about FaD specs, but at least these two have it.

Thanks again for the great work.