Finally got round to painting my minis!

By bulldoguk, in Dust Tactics

Wow! Simply amazing.

You need to put these photos up on the facebook page.

SSUfirstbatch1.jpg SSUBattleSquad.jpg SSURifleSquad.jpg SSUObserverTeam.jpg

SSUSniperTeam.jpg

Finally found a little time to dive into the growing pile of boxes that are the SSU forces…yay!

TankbustersSquad2.jpg CommandSquad.jpg CloseCombatSquad.jpg ChineseVolunteers.jpg

On a roll now, rest of the currently Available SSU troops finished. Copter and walkers next!

Also knocked out another Tank busters unit as I had this given to me and they are awesome anti-tank units….as the name suggests!

SSUWalkersone3.jpg SSUWalkersone2.jpg SSUWalkersone1.jpg SSUTransportChopper2.jpg

SSUHeroKoshka.jpg

Finished all the current SSU releases, that's the itch scratched so now so I can rest up for a while and get some paid jobs done! So looking forward to the new stuff….**** you FFG release things more quickly!

SSUsofarjuly121.jpg SSUsofarjuly126.jpg SSUsofarjuly125.jpg SSUsofarjuly124.jpg SSUsofarjuly123.jpg

SSUsofarjuly122.jpg

A few pics of the SSU forces so far!

I've been watching your work for a while, mate, and all I can say is…

Are you "pro" yet? if not, you should seriously consider it.

Cheers from some New Orleans DT players and painters, and keep posting!

Hi Lotus, I pick and choose a few commission jobs here and there, try not to overload myself though as if I dont enjoy what I do I tend to lose interest sharpish!

SSUGrandma3.jpg SSUGrandma2.jpg SSUGrandma1.jpg AXISWotan-ar1.jpg AxisWotan.jpg

AxisFlamm-Luther.jpg

Finally got my hands on the Wotan, knocked up another SSU walker too, just coz I like the colour red!

bulldoguk said:

…knocked up another SSU walker too, just coz I like the colour red!

A cheap and effective way to increase your collection!

Be sure to clean off all the sharp bits or it will end in tears!

Your miniatures are the most beautiful thing Ive seen in the forums. I love the color blends and the clean look. If its not a problem could you post a list of techniques you use for ground clothing, ground troops metal armor and mechs?

I am new to painting and this is my first mini war game thou ive painted some 40k units before. I use paint brush because I know nothing about airbrushes and since I dont have lots of money I dont like to paint my units unless I am really sure about the colors and what im doing…and thats the reason ive paited none of my dust and sold my painted 40k miniatures…

SSUCommisars.jpg SSUCloseAssault2.jpg

SSUCommissarAssault.jpg

Not much doing on the Dust front lately but if the pictures from GenCon are anything to go by we are due a treat in the future!

Anyhow, got the Commissar pack painted up and decided to paint an additional Close combat unit to take advantage of their special ability, I now have double the shotgun trouble!

SSUAeroWalker6.jpg SSUAeroWalker5.jpg SSUAeroWalker4.jpg SSUAeroWalker2.jpg

SSUAeroWalker1.jpg

Finally some more Dust releases! Here we have the KV-47 Aero Walker and MIL MI-46 transporter.

Bobbed a magnet on the foot of the walker so it's an easy task to transition between carried mode and battle. Word of warning, don't mount the helo base in the peg holes if you want to carry the walker it will be top heavy, mount the stand more centrally as you can see on the picture!

Got two attack helos incoming will report back when I have slapped a little war paint on them!

Stunning work! I am waiting for some SSU sets to be delivered and will be using your photos for painting inspiration.

Glad you like mate, always a pleasure to inspire :)

Just spotted actually, need to add a little dust to the 47's legs…always rushing around…that's my problem!

Looking forward to the incoming choppers, love the chunky look of these things!

SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter1.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter7.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter9.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter11.jpg

SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter10.jpg

Da da da da da daaaaaa da da da da daaaaaaaa MI-47 Attack chopper incoming…..taaaaaaakkkeee coooovvveeerrr!

Those are amazing! Do they come with the crew figures or did you add them yourself?

Yes they do mate plus all the weapon options and even the two crates, nice little touch, can never have too many crates to take cover behind I say!

Think I got a nice deal on these too, got them for just over 20 quid a piece, Book depository may have screwed up the price as next time I checked they were a few quid more…woohoo!

Great price! There are Dust bargains to be had if you know where to look!

Do all the choppers come with crew?

Yes they do. Not full figures though, half torsos. With the release of the two seater chopper two types of head too, a helmet clad version and one with just goggles an a big tashe!

Few new SSU units

Red Guard Command Squad
RedGuardcommand_zpsf4efd6ad.jpg

Red Guard Assault Squad
RedGuardAssault_zpsd0b61e25.jpg

First Superhuman in Dust! Winter Child or Ironmanski as I like to call him :)
Had a few cinematic effects left over from 40k stuff so decided to stick 'em on for effect
Winterchild1_zps8c58df73.jpg

Winterchild4_zps257d1f23.jpg

Next up probably after Xmas now, a few SSU tanks and the new allied commandos and Legion squads

Outstanding, as usual. Your Winter Child is especially good but I love your stuff anyway!

Really well done, bulldoguk.

My Operation: Hades is in the mail. Just curious, what paint color did you use for Winter Child's armor?

Hi panzerclaus, base was bronze by miniature paints, devlan mud wash followed by highlights with gw gold then a little silver lining complice

Axis heavy weapon teams added

DustAxisWeaponTeams1_zps57bde72d.jpg

DustAxisWeaponTeams2_zpsa93b898c.jpg

DustAxisWeaponTeams6_zpsb617b864.jpg

Ah, nice, thanks! The gold highlight tip is great too. That would have been my next question. :)

Heavies look awesome. I'm jealous of your work rate. I'm struggling to get one squad done lately…

Cheers!