Finally got round to painting my minis!

By bulldoguk, in Dust Tactics

Thanks for the advice nowthen, it is actually darker than it looks as the angle has only captured the front highlights of the beret. However you have to remember that Jackson has just headbutted a gorilla to death so a lot of the colouring is ape claret :OP hehe

ps, just for you however I will go grab Jackson and the devils (only two of course as I got that crappy US head on one of mine) and henceforth paint the black banding!

My bad, I completely forgot about the likelyhood of Primate assaults. As for the the Beret bands I thankyou. Again great work.

morebuildings1.jpg morebuildings2.jpg morebuildings3.jpg morebuildings5.jpg

morebuildings4.jpg

Painted up a few more buildings yesterday afternoon along with a few little barricades, all airbrushed. Cheap n cheerful! :) More to come, will have that city in no time!

I finally got my airbrush set up so ill post some camo schemes for my vehicles shortly. Thanks for the inspiration.

evenmoredustbuildings1.jpg evenmoredustbuildings2.jpg evenmoredustbuildings3.jpg evenmoredustbuildings4.jpg

Evenmoredustheroes1.jpg

Happy to be of help Mgentile :)

Anyhow, Dust Warfare released, woohoo!!!

Knocked out a couple more buildings, intend to run a Private Ryan style campaign from beach to city, Church should be interesting, imagine the scene. An allied recon force take shelter from the rain on a stormy night, suddenly they are awoken by scratching at the door, groans then machine gun fire, those dastadly Axis forces have raised the zombies from the graves and are assaulting the church...FIRE AT WILL!

Two newest heroes ready for active duty too!

bulldoguk said:

Even though they are slightly larger than 1/48 dust scale it's a discrepency I can live with considering how cheap they are compared to the official building sets!

Which eBay seller did you buy them from? Love all the 1/48 models you've integrated into your collection; absolutely brilliant.

Hi Siouxfire, UK seller called fogmodels, for most part and a few others from various sellers, just a matter of trawling through the listings and pulling out the best bargains really!

Have fun :)

bulldoguk said:

Hi Siouxfire, UK seller called fogmodels, for most part and a few others from various sellers, just a matter of trawling through the listings and pulling out the best bargains really!

Snap! I started a thread here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp specifically about those very models!

Actually, would you mind posting up a photo with the miniatures and your building together?

On your linked thread or this one? If this one there are several pics on the previous page mate

On a slightly different note, anyone know if there will be a different forum subject opened for Warfare now it is released (and I just ordered my copy, woohoo) or will FF keep both games combined in one area?

bulldoguk said:

On your linked thread or this one? If this one there are several pics on the previous page mate

On a slightly different note, anyone know if there will be a different forum subject opened for Warfare now it is released (and I just ordered my copy, woohoo) or will FF keep both games combined in one area?

Sorry. I somehow missed page 3. They look good--no worse that those enormous ammo crates and the width of the bases match the door width which isn't realistic but is practical.

And Dust Warfare is listed under "miniatures" already.

Siouxfire said:

bulldoguk said:

Even though they are slightly larger than 1/48 dust scale it's a discrepency I can live with considering how cheap they are compared to the official building sets!

Which eBay seller did you buy them from? Love all the 1/48 models you've integrated into your collection; absolutely brilliant.

If you look on ebay under toy trains they have a lot of O Scale stuff by Plasticville that works great. Just a thought.

bulldoguk said:

evenmoredustbuildings1.jpg evenmoredustbuildings2.jpg evenmoredustbuildings3.jpg evenmoredustbuildings4.jpg

Evenmoredustheroes1.jpg

Happy to be of help Mgentile :)

Anyhow, Dust Warfare released, woohoo!!!

Knocked out a couple more buildings, intend to run a Private Ryan style campaign from beach to city, Church should be interesting, imagine the scene. An allied recon force take shelter from the rain on a stormy night, suddenly they are awoken by scratching at the door, groans then machine gun fire, those dastadly Axis forces have raised the zombies from the graves and are assaulting the church...FIRE AT WILL!

Two newest heroes ready for active duty too!

Ok here is a pic of the first model airbrushed. Not good pics from my Iphone but ill get the hang of it soon enough. Just wanted to get something posted for you. This is an Italeri Puma with a Quarter-Kit conversion turret.

pumaaagun1.jpg pumaaagun2.jpg

Good gawd these are stellar!!!

My gawd those are AMAZING paint jobs! Chuffed to bits over here gran_risa.gif

Hey bulldog, great minis!

I want to model my heavy units similar to how you did yours. I also use an airbrush for a lot of my stuff but I can't tell from the pictures which of the small parts are blended up w/ a brush vs the airbrush. Are you priming them in a dark grey, then airbrushing the light grey on the armor plates? Then cleaning up the overspray w/ the other colors? I don't know if I need to aim for the small bits w/ the airbrush or just do an overall preshading and a top-down highlight then take a regular brush from there.

Do you have any pictures of those heavy units as wip shots?

Thanks!

bumping so bulldoguk can see. :)

Hi Zuggzugg, sorry no WIP shots, I work too quick for them!

You basically got it though, I undercoat in black, lay down the basic shades with the airbrush then finish everything with the hairy stick, I find the more contrasting blending when using the brush is perfect for gaming miniatures bearing in mind the distance from which you view them.

Btw FINALLY played my first Warfare game a few days ago, awesome is all I can say, keeps all the speed and simplicity of Tactics and as with all my previous Tactic games it victory literally came down to the last few actions of the last turn, fun :)

Planning a 'guns of Navarone' style game next week using my Warlord Quake cannon as the objective piece…should look nice

2012-06-08081721.jpg ApePlatoon.jpg

RedDevilPlatoon.jpg

Not been much movement on the Dust front for me lately, busy with commission work and not much new stuff released but I found the time to complete a Platoon size force for Action Jackson and Markus,,,get ready for some epic battles!

I currently have a few boxes of zombies incoming and a bunch of SSU stuff on it's way from the US of A, includes a few boxes that haven't yet been released in the UK as I type (wouldn't be surprised if they are on the release lsit this weekend)

Also knocked up some 'glowy' destruction markers using tea lights and pillow stuffing, these literally took minutes to make and they look brilliant on the tabletop….oh how I love my battlefield bling!

RunJacksonRun.jpg

AxiszombiePlatoon3.jpg

Finally finished the Zombie Platoon….RUN JACKSON RUN!

This thread is just all kinds of awesome!

Some of the best Dust minis I've laid my eyes on, you've got some serious savvy with an airbrush. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing what else you end up doing.

Finally!

My first battle report, check out the Dust Warfare battle here www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/Battle%20reports.htm

Few of the pics are a little shaky but there were explosions all over the place so I will get use to it ;)

Rattler9.jpg Rattler6.jpg Rattler8.jpg Rattler3.jpg Rattler1.jpg

Rattler2.jpg

Back off the hols so decided to get stuck into some of the newer Dust stuff!

This Rattler/Cobra is a nice bit of kit, love the prop pods and exhaust cowels, can of course be used with any of your exisiting armour using the warfare army option!

First of all let me all of your work is very nice Bulldog, truly impressive! I noticed the burning vehicle effects, awesome. I am assuming you made them given your talent. Would you mind explaining how you did it? Thanks Panzersoldier.

Hi Panzer, I have created a page on my website that will be dedicated to the buildings and scenery side of Dust, it also has a quick tut on building those great destruction markers and a link (in the first box) to a small vid showing the markers in all thier flickery glory :)