Finally got round to painting my minis!

By bulldoguk, in Dust Tactics

Really clean paint job, the highlighting and the weathering is great.

Landingcraftkit1.jpg Landingcraftkit2.jpg Landingcraftkit3.jpg Landingcraftkit4.jpg Dustlandingcraft2.jpg Dustlandingcraft1.jpg Dustlandingcraft3.jpg Dustlandingcraft4.jpg Dustlandingcraft5.jpg Dustlandingcraft7.jpg

Dustlandingcraft8.jpg

Bagged a 1/48 scale landing craft from a well known auction site for 15 quid! As shown by the first bunch of pics kit needs a little modding to take the bases of the walkers (without bases they fit fine but who doesn't glue their figures to the base?) just a simple matter of cutting away a little of the decking on the side, glueing the inner walls to the actual hull thus making the floor space slightly wider. The gaps were blanked out with some spare plasticard I had knocking about (the red stuff on the pics). Couple of tiny magnets added to the ramp allows it to be used in the up or down position, Jobs a good 'un!

May well pick a couple more up so I can stage an assault landing when Warfare is released :)

Great job! 100% better then my attempt at building that model.

Very saving Pvt Ryan! Good job!

landingcraft21.jpg landingcraft22.jpg landingcraft23.jpg landingcraft24.jpg

Knocked another landing craft up for Dust. The observant among you may notice the cabin/deck area is the other way round on this one. Yes, even a seasoned modeller like myself can make mistakes and I put the deck on back to front on the first model LOL, I must have been half asleep, didn't even notice until I assembled this one!
I think maybe one more, 3 seems a nice round number :D

Your first LC handles "rear defense" and AA, and the second handles "assault and support". =)

HeavyReconGrenadiers.jpg

RedDevils1.jpg

Not much doing on the Dust front lately, just finished the red devils and Heavy Recon Grenadiers, hopefully should have the heavy walkers in hand for Xmas!

Anyhow, here they are, dunno about anyone else but I seemed to be lacking the three Beret festuned heads shown on the box art and got the slightly pants looking cap version of one of the Devils, if your listening Fantasy flight...GIVE ME FREE HEAD! (oooer)

thirdlandingcraft4.jpg thirdlandingcraft3.jpg thirdlandingcraft2.jpg thirdlandingcraft1.jpg

My third (and I think final) Landing craft finished. Added some of the Paolo crew members to them to inject a little life, think I will make up the scout variant cupola for the M4's with the spares :)

Now onto the heavies that have been sitting under the table since before Xmas!

Loving the LC, very realistic.

AxisHeavyWalker7.jpg AxisHeavyWalker1.jpg AxisHeavyWalker3.jpg AxisHeavyWalker4.jpg AxisHeavyWalker9.jpg AxisHeavyWalker10.jpg AlliedHeavyWalker5.jpg AlliedHeavyWalker2.jpg

AlliedHeavyWalker3.jpg

Finally got round to finishing the heavies, been sat under the table since before xmas.....roll on the hero and Soviets!!!

Just love your painting, inspiring stuff! thanks for posting

ReconMickey3.jpg ReconMickey2.jpg ReconMickey1.jpg

reconmickeyWIP.jpg

Thanks, always a pleasure to inspire :)

Hate wasting bits n peices so I used the spares from the paolo crew pack to knock together a Recon Mickey :)

Turret ring was a simple construction using card, if you can find a bottle cap the right size even easier!

The single 50's are from the crew pack, if you leave the twin '50 a loose fit from the Allied heavy walker it's a simple matter of swapping them over when you wish to include the Mickey in your army list

Btw does anyone have a playable and fair points value for this? I DL'd the stat card but no points value as yet, any input would be appreciated.

ps. I might figure out why I cant seem to post comments between pictures on this forum one day!

I have valued the Recon Mickey at about 36-37.

Cheers LM, will give that a try in our next game and see how it pans out, looks a nasty piece of work sporting all those '50 cals, wouldn't like to wander a couple of infantry squads anywhere near it!

I have already commented on this stuff on warseer, but couldn't help saying WOW on here too. This is some great stuff BulldogUK. I like a lot.

Moredust7.jpg

Moredust3.jpg

Finally, more Dust stuff has started to trickle through to the UK!

Slapped some paint on these command groups, hopefully the hero packs will be here soon too. In the meantime working on a few buildings for Tactics/Warfare, pics soon!

Those are all great, love the home built Recon Mickey.

DustbuildingsWIP6.jpg DustbuildingsWIP5.jpg DustbuildingsWIP4.jpg DustbuildingsWIP3.jpg DustbuildingsWIP2.jpg DustbuildingsWIP1.jpg

Started putting together some scenery for tactics and the impending release of Warfare. These were dirt cheap 1/35 plaster buildings from ebay. I simply added some card floors and a little extra details to fill them out a bit and make them more practical for gaming purposes. I have since added bases for stability, a little loose masonry and painted them, will post pics soon as I manage to clear the table of projects and get some tabletop pics!

Even though they are slightly larger than 1/48 dust scale it's a discrepency I can live with considering how cheap they are compared to the official building sets!

bulldoguk said:

ReconMickey3.jpg ReconMickey2.jpg ReconMickey1.jpg

reconmickeyWIP.jpg

Thanks, always a pleasure to inspire :)

Hate wasting bits n peices so I used the spares from the paolo crew pack to knock together a Recon Mickey :)

Turret ring was a simple construction using card, if you can find a bottle cap the right size even easier!

The single 50's are from the crew pack, if you leave the twin '50 a loose fit from the Allied heavy walker it's a simple matter of swapping them over when you wish to include the Mickey in your army list

Btw does anyone have a playable and fair points value for this? I DL'd the stat card but no points value as yet, any input would be appreciated.

ps. I might figure out why I cant seem to post comments between pictures on this forum one day!

Leave a space between your pictures so you can add you comments. Post the pic then add a few spaces and post your next pic then you can go back and add comments. That's all there is to do it. I love the drop in compartments. Makes me think of all my 40K conversions like that. Guess I need to build one now as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

DustBuildingssetone1.jpg DustBuildingssetone5.jpg DustBuildingssetone4.jpg DustBuildingssetone3.jpg DustBuildingssetone2.jpg DustBuildingssetone6.jpg DustBuildingssetone7.jpg DustBuildingssetone8.jpg

DustBuildingssetone9.jpg

Tried all that Mgentile7, this is the only forum that doesn't want to play ball! Won't even let me edit my own posts, so I can't even use a trial and error method! Bah, sod it, pictures up top, captions down bottom. Have fun matching them! LOL

Got some colour on these bricks n mortar. Kept things simple and tried not to clutter the floor space as I prefer to keep my scenery functional and can't stand it when figures are forever toppling over on uneven surfaces!

Will probably add a few interior details and propaganda posters when I find a little time, 6 more buildings incoming, should havy a cityscape in no time!

The Allies cautiously advance...

Scouts have set up a forward observation position

The Axis forces wait, ready to ambush!

Three storey ruin

The flooring is added using cardboard as are the tiles and floor boards, easy and quick, all the buildings shown where assembled and painted in one afternoon!

Another example of a building, cost on average around 7 quid from a well known auction site..bargain!

The bricks and rubble can be picked up from the same sellers, simply scatter it around and 'splodge' watered down PVA glue all over the pile to secure them in place. I tend not to go too crazy on this stuff as you need somewhere for your troops to stand!

hmmm. posting pics at 640 x 480, should I try smaller pics maybe? sorry just thinking aloud

dustheroes3.jpg dustheroes5.jpg

dustheroes6.jpg

Axis and Allied Hero pack finished

Action Jaction saw his first battle yesterday, scraped through by the skin of his teeth and managed to Head butt a Nazi Gorilla to death. What a HERO!!!

Oh nice way to modify Stefans Flammenwerfer, i will copy that. ;o)

The pics are a little to dark, but what i can see is that it looks really well done.

I love your work and Ive been following you since you started this thread and every thing has been excellent. The heroes look great too, not a bad one amongst them. I must however nitpick Action Jacksons Beret though, it's needs to be a darker red for paratroopers (at the moment it's the colour of an RMP Beret) and also it needs the detail of the black leather band picking out too. Sorry but after 10 years in the British Army you just notice these things. Again sterling work as always.

Both the scenery pieces and the troops are top notch - a genuine feast for the eyes! I wish mine looked at least half as good as these... llorando.gif