Valar Midwestous: A meta for the rest of us

By Kennon, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

But Stark has become completely awesome, and mesa likes it

Stark is looking pretty good. and that new arya looks badass! She just keeps coming back but doesn't clog up your draw! although the 5ke one is still better, but this one still looks pretty awesome. so between this and icy catapult is it even worth doing mils against stark?

Lol to be honest, I barely used that Arya, and am considering taking her out, even though she is pretty sweet

Dude, don't take her out. She's free claim soak for one gold a turn. and she has deadly! deadly is always a good thing!

Just saying, you have to get her, and i have better cards that fit my deck better than her, not saying I will take her out, but she is cool, but just saying

Well you have to get to every card in your deck. lol and I don't really see many stark cards in lcg that are better than arya. although using her does mean you can't use Cat of the Canals. at least not at the same time. and I really like her. a conundrum.

Especially because Cat o the Canals and an aegons blade together is prob one of the most beastly things you can put together lol

Oooooo! Good point! If only there was a way to keep standing her!

Who says you have to stand her? :o

Well you don't have to, but it'd be nice to keep getting renown with her.

Staton said:

Well you don't have to, but it'd be nice to keep getting renown with her.

I've run the combo a bunch of times in one of my Stark decks. Cat + Aegon's Blade is really fun. To Be a Wolf is about the only standing tech for her in LCG though. But I run that 3x in my deck anyway, as search is about the best "draw" Stark has presently. And when I get Winterfell Castle out then she's a Str 4, Stealth, Renown, immune to your opponent barrel of fun.

Barrel of fun. lol Brilliant! That is what I'm calling her from now on. and she doesn't have a crest does she?

Staton said:

and she doesn't have a crest does she?

Man, do I wish she did!

hahaha. too bad. I guess she can't be broken.

Yes with winterfell castle she is fun as well, let's just say Stark has some tricks up their sleeve, and I go out of house to get my draw now, although Samwell does it decently

Don't forget the new Stark utility card from City of Secrets, Bound by Honor. Now she's a Str 3 (or 4) renown repeat defender with all three icons. Once I've got her, and Caitlyn with Summer attached out, I'm feeling pretty good most days.

RJM said:

Don't forget the new Stark utility card from City of Secrets, Bound by Honor. Now she's a Str 3 (or 4) renown repeat defender with all three icons. Once I've got her, and Caitlyn with Summer attached out, I'm feeling pretty good most days.

Don't worry, Jeppedo, our local Stark player, is keenly aware of the power of Bound By Honor. That card alone is a huge boon against Lanny kneel decks for the Starks.

That, and you can use Lethal Counterattack, then use the same person you knelt as defense if you need it, also makes them kneel the ranger of winter, and then also useful on defense as well, card is amazing!

Justin and Kevin, please accept the invite.

Valar Midwestous is moving to supersecret mode.

Tshirts are in the works.

Very well then, I shall

Still waiting.....

I think I am too lol

Jeppedo said:

I think I am too lol

Did you check your spam box? Sometimes the yahoo invites get sent there. But I'll send another one just in case.

Got it, roger that, 10-4

All I gots to say is, we rule