Valar Midwestous: A meta for the rest of us

By Kennon, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Well, here we go again. At least our meta is doing a bit better. More league play tomorrow evening. I might even be conning someone new into playing.

Alright, So for the most part, I'm still sucking at the league. Not so good. At least Carnie is sucking too. He wound up losing four games last night.

Also, we've got some new players interested in the game from the demos last night, and a couple are joining the league. Plus, Jason, the new Metagames guy is really interested in promoting and playing the game, so this is looking good. If only I didn't have to drive more than an hour to get there. *sigh*

Yeah my bad about not coming. It was Missouri State playing Arkansas, and it was amazing. We opened up our new arena, beat Arkansas, and got to rush the court, was pretty epic. I'll be home tomorrow, btw.

Coolness, we should play a league game tomorrow night.

Gonna be at Metagames this Saturday?

Glad you found the new forums, btw.

Probably not, my dad and I have had plans for months, I didn't realize we would have one the Saturday after Thanksgiving anyway

Ok, so I suppose we can report our league results here for Greg to take down for his files. Provided he looks at the new forums at least....

Sadly, it was just Jason and myself Saturday. None of the other new guys showed. Oh well, gave me a chance to learn Dominion, which totally rules and play a little Warstorm.

Will won vs Jason and took a Wolf King's Loyalists from him.

Told you man, weekend after Thanksgiving is a bad idea, should have just stayed for some CoH or CoV with me, or chocolate pie!

Hey, we had a pretty good turnout this week at least. I'm thinking those new players just totally ran off with the league cards that they were given though. Bastards.

Idk why they would, they aren't worth anything

Kennon said:

Hey, we had a pretty good turnout this week at least. I'm thinking those new players just totally ran off with the league cards that they were given though. Bastards.

~Glad to see you living up to your usual AGoT prowess brave Ser Kennon :D

Unless you count me (and I had to be there because I was working) we had no one show up at all this past Saturday. This makes me sad and worry about turnout for when the league starts in January (which is dependant on FFG actually accepting my application and/or contacting me in any capacity), but I still remain hopeful.

You guys still doing Valyrian league? Whats the word on the melee for 2009?

We're open to just about anything, including melee. Especially if there's enough interest for it. We're going to begin the formal league next Saturday night, so make sure you're here for it.

If you have any questions, PM me, I'm the league organizer at Meta-Games.

The Nick-ler said:

Kennon said:

~Glad to see you living up to your usual AGoT prowess brave Ser Kennon :D

Hey, I take my wins where I can get them. ;)

Btw, thanks for reminding me tonight about this thread, Papercuts. You'd really think that since I started it (and the one on the forums before this, and the ones before that) that I would remember to come participate in the dang thing. So next Saturday is the first official LCG league night?

You're welcome. ;)

And yes, that's the plan.

Unless we don't get the League Kit, then it'll either be a warmup night or if everyone wants to just go for it, we can start and just keep track of the results until the league kit does arrive.

As for Valaryian results, I played Clinton and beat him, taking his Catlyn Stark. I do wish we'd have managed to get a game in, but there's always next week.

Just saw the posting from Fantasy Flight Games on the front page about their delay in the league sign-up process.

If you were planning on coming Saturday and playing LCG format, go ahead. Consider it a warmup night with some Valyrian Sealed mixed in. Or vice versa. We'll be formally starting now (or should I say, the plans are to formally start) on Jan. 10th.

Greg tells me that he and Kevin won't be in this week, so I think I'll take this one off too. I'll be there next week though.

Wow, we.... umm........ need to get more people posting here.....

We got the league kit in today at the store, so we're good to go on Saturday night (and for the next six weeks). I'll go over the specifics at that time, so be ready to start right at 7 p.m.

Hope to see you guys there.

FYI I'm considering running a Hedge Tournament and a Multiplayer tournament on Feb. 21 and 28 respectively. Or it could be the other way around. If anyone has a preference, feel free to post here.

Hmm.... sounds good to me at the moment. I don't know of anything off hand that would throw off my attendance.

just dropping into the midwestous thread for some lovin! sup folks? ^__^

Nick, my man! Come, discuss! There must be things we can talk about to keep the thread alive.

On a high note, I took first place at the league tournament last week. Booya. At least I cancelled out Greg's vote against Tywin.

Kennon said:

Nick, my man! Come, discuss! There must be things we can talk about to keep the thread alive.

On a high note, I took first place at the league tournament last week. Booya. At least I cancelled out Greg's vote against Tywin.

heh, thats my boy! :D

Hey, I'll post that Nick is a loser as a toaster!