Valar Midwestous: A meta for the rest of us

By Kennon, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

~You guys are just lucky that I'm not there! On a more serious note though, I would probably try and get everyone in the league to vote against tywin. Mostly just so he doesn't come back and completely obliterate any sort of deck ideas you may have had.

Hahaha, well I just "won" this week with a Baratheon deck, so it's almost like you're here. :P

Another vote for Tywin! And really, what would be so horrible about reprinthing him? To be fair, I'm still almost running the same deck I had been while he was legal. Cutting Tywin out ruined surprisingly little with the Castellan around. So I don't think it's horribly overpowered for Tywin to come back.

Seriously?! Why won't that deck die?! and whens your regionals?

Hey Staton! And what is a Hedge tourney, i don't care that I sound dumb, I just wanna know what it is

It's just a basic tournament. The prize is a really nice House Greyjoy pin.

Well, when I'm there, I will win, of course, cuz i play Stark, and it wins, FACT

Hi Fox! "Bears beat Battlestar Gatalactica. FACT!"

Jeppedo said:

Well, when I'm there, I will win, of course, cuz i play Stark, and it wins, FACT

I look forward to awarding you said pin.

Correction, I will not be there, had a little something come up (women these days), so I will not be there winning, although if I was there I would, and since Baldwin will be playing Stark, he shall win, FACT!!!

So either everyone is sad I won't be there and is not responding, or we all have other lives, and since I know the latter is not true (hehe) I will assume the first. I do have a question, if, and when, are we hosting a regionals? Josh and I have been talking, and they would love to come down, but we need a date and such.

P.S. I typed this entire message while donating plasma ( so one handed) FACT!!!

hmm... good question. We need to be thinking about this pretty hard now. What shall we do?

Set a date and do it? I think that sounds marvelous lol. When is the latest we can have it?

Wow, we really need to get things together again. Just having Huseman and myself here tonight is a little less than spectacular.

Yeah, well, I don't know, I had important things to do, hopefully I will be there next week, school has been horrifying though, I have a test the day after Spring Break, I am not happy

That is teh suck. What's it in?

Showing of 4 the past Saturday, some good games played!

Yeah, I heard Fox went like 6-1? Were you playing Standard or LCG?

LCG, we only play that around here. When everyone shows up, we can have up to 4-6 relatively new players. Obviously this past Saturday was all the old fogies, but we stick with LCG. Personally, I like it better.

I'd probably like it alot more if I had all of the chapter packs, but I'm behind on them. and too poor to catch up right now. lol Hopefully I'll be all caught up sometime this fall when I hopefully will have more money. So who was playing bara that it had such a poor showing?

Staton said:

I'd probably like it alot more if I had all of the chapter packs, but I'm behind on them. and too poor to catch up right now. lol Hopefully I'll be all caught up sometime this fall when I hopefully will have more money. So who was playing bara that it had such a poor showing?

Kevin, but he hadn't played since FEbruary or March

Ahhh ok. That guy is a good player, and I was pretty excited to hear he might be going to GenCon. I'll be looking forward to seeing how he does. So what house have you been playing with the most lately? I've been playing Bara, but I'm really getting an itchin to play Lanni again.

Staton said:

Ahhh ok. That guy is a good player, and I was pretty excited to hear he might be going to GenCon. I'll be looking forward to seeing how he does. So what house have you been playing with the most lately? I've been playing Bara, but I'm really getting an itchin to play Lanni again.

I've played mostly Targ since post 2008-Gencon. I broke out a Stark gimmicky Gates of WInterfell deck for one tourney, but retired it shortly thereafter. My Targ deck has done quite well, and even in games I lose, I tend to find the deck highly competitive. I started building a Greyjoy deck last night. It looks like income wise I will just be proxying one Aeron's Tent and 3x +1 Gold locations, otherwise, everything I'm using is LCG ready.

Yeah, I was thinking about the Gates of Winterfell. If only it was Any Phase! That one stark location might help that deck actually. You can draw cards from the bottom of your deck and keep the stalwart guys at the top to bounce in with Gates. There isn't any way to stand locations in LCG is there? Cause then I think you'd really have a stark deck going there.

Targ is doing pretty good it seems. I would be hard pressed to think of more than just a couple of characters better than Queens Knight and Dragon Theif. How does Targ handle in LCG though without that much influence? You just have Crossroads, Drogo's Tent, and Fiefdoms right?

I take it you are playing a Winter GJ deck? How are getting enough gold without Rare Kingdoms/Hamlets?

Staton said:

Yeah, I was thinking about the Gates of Winterfell. If only it was Any Phase! That one stark location might help that deck actually. You can draw cards from the bottom of your deck and keep the stalwart guys at the top to bounce in with Gates. There isn't any way to stand locations in LCG is there? Cause then I think you'd really have a stark deck going there.

Targ is doing pretty good it seems. I would be hard pressed to think of more than just a couple of characters better than Queens Knight and Dragon Theif. How does Targ handle in LCG though without that much influence? You just have Crossroads, Drogo's Tent, and Fiefdoms right?

I take it you are playing a Winter GJ deck? How are getting enough gold without Rare Kingdoms/Hamlets?

Targ Winter deck LCG - Income Locations - 3x Summer Sea, 3x Crossroads, 3x Fiefdoms, 2x Drogo's Tent, 1x +1 Gold

Greyjoy WInter Deck LCG - 3x Sunset Sea, 3x Crossroads, 1x Shadowblack/Steel/Sisters, 1x proxy tent, 3x proxy +1 Gold. Also in Greyjoy deck is 3x Ice fisherman to steal Gold, 3x Support of the Kingdom to income locations, and LIttlefinger.

Oh duh! I totally forgot about the Seas. And you know, I forgot about the Icy Fisherman. That might need to go into Andrew's deck. Although why I keep helping him make that deck any better, I don't know.