Arkham Horror Fan League - Scenarios in Eon format

By Julia, in Fan Creations

And thx Veet for refreshing the ranking of this thread. I'm kinda sad that as soon as we will finish this project, the thread might be buried somewhere out of new players sight

Julia said:

And thx Veet for refreshing the ranking of this thread. I'm kinda sad that as soon as we will finish this project, the thread might be buried somewhere out of new players sight

Well, we can bump it every few months ;'D

That's very true ::nodding::

Here we go with Scenario 08 (the last one I'm able to post before the summer break). Here starts the nastiest part of this segment of the League. But not as difficult as the previous one, so maybe this could be a kind of a breather. Just be quick. As usual, here is the narrative leading to the events described in this Scenario.

And here is the Scenario:

S08-The-Unthawable-Winter-Front-Face.png

@ Julia

Wait, you think that the second segment of the league was easier than the first? ;.( Maybe you should replay it without Roland or Marie.

::Laughter:: I just realized I gave you that gate image that I could have used for *my* gate herald ;'D Oh well. I'll think of something.

Avi, my thoughts were a little confused when I wrote that line, sorry.

The idea was "with this Scenario starts a series of nightmarish Scenarios, one worse than the previous one. This is not as oppressive as the one before, but be prepared for something terrible". I know, it was horribly spelled. My bad.

Julia said:

Avi, my thoughts were a little confused when I wrote that line, sorry.

The idea was "with this Scenario starts a series of nightmarish Scenarios, one worse than the previous one. This is not as oppressive as the one before, but be prepared for something terrible". I know, it was horribly spelled. My bad.

Okay, I was seriously considering pulling Roland and Marie out of the investigator pool ;'D (well, no, but limiting use to one or the other).

There's something nasty hidden beneath the ground in Arkham. Something big, and evil, creating lava geysers and crippling investigators to dust. Wanna see Hell? Then jump into the madness of Scenario 09. The narrative leading to it can be found here

S09-Worms-rising-Front-Face.png

Things start getting nastier. Good luck!

Oh Julia :') this isn't hell... Not even close. Heh heh heh. Hurry up with the Nyarlathotep scenarios so I can post you the last one of that set ;'D

Avi_dreader said:

Oh Julia :') this isn't hell... Not even close. Heh heh heh. Hurry up with the Nyarlathotep scenarios so I can post you the last one of that set ;'D

Don't ruin my dramatic appetizer for the Scenario ;-) I should get the dam(n) table next week... I miss playing Arkham so much @#]!!@!

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Don't ruin my dramatic appetizer for the Scenario ;-) I should get the dam(n) table next week... I miss playing Arkham so much @#]!!@!

::Laughter:: and I miss your scenario reports! :'D G'luck!

Avi_dreader said:

::Laughter:: and I miss your scenario reports! :'D G'luck!

Believe me Avi, I miss writing them so much! Let's hope this week I'll be able to start playing Arkham again.

Julia said:

There's something nasty hidden beneath the ground in Arkham. Something big, and evil, creating lava geysers and crippling investigators to dust. Wanna see Hell? Then jump into the madness of Scenario 09. The narrative leading to it can be found here

S09-Worms-rising-Front-Face.png

Things start getting nastier. Good luck!

"Monsters do not move during the first Mythos Phase" : Is it the one during the setup phase or the one during the first turn played by players ?

When Chtonians and Lloigors appear, you have to search them in the monster cup ? They are not on the herald sheet, right ?

"...on a failure they are reduced to zero Stamina instead and must draw an extra <i>Injury</i> in addition to normal penalties for being knocked unconscious." Does that mean that the investigator still losing clues and items ? Can those losts be prevented by taking a second Injury Card ?

"They are endless Spawn monsters; if one would go..." It applies to Cultists, Chtonians and Lloigors ?

The clarification says that Chtonians or Lloigors can be lost in time and space, right ? It means that during the turn 'lost' by the investigator LITAS, he must fight or evade the monsters LITAS ?

Hugues said:

"Monsters do not move during the first Mythos Phase" : Is it the one during the setup phase or the one during the first turn played by players ?

The so called "Mythos Zero Phase". No monster movement before all investigators have played their first turn.

Hugues said:

When Chtonians and Lloigors appear, you have to search them in the monster cup ? They are not on the herald sheet, right ?

Yeah, I think so. You can be very lucky and have them appearing also by normal ways

Hugues said:

"...on a failure they are reduced to zero Stamina instead and must draw an extra <i>Injury</i> in addition to normal penalties for being knocked unconscious." Does that mean that the investigator still losing clues and items ? Can those losts be prevented by taking a second Injury Card ?

Yes to both

Hugues said:

"They are endless Spawn monsters; if one would go..." It applies to Cultists, Chtonians and Lloigors ?

Yeah

Hugues said:

The clarification says that Chtonians or Lloigors can be lost in time and space, right ? It means that during the turn 'lost' by the investigator LITAS, he must fight or evade the monsters LITAS ?

Yes. This refers to an ability of the Herald: failed Speed or Evade check makes you fight a Chthonian or Lloigor. And you can fail the Speed check while in an OW and go LiTaS as consequence of the Encounter. That's the moment when you meet the little puppy

Well, i'm glad i got quite everything okay, even if i wasn't sure. So you could have Chtonians or Lloigors in Other Worlds too ?

That sounds weird.

Kinda weird, yeah. The main point is that they aren't that likely to happen. IIRC, when I played this Scenario, I never ever had to fight any of them (with Avi's utmost delight). But anyway, this Scenario can be very nasty, so pay attention to the characters you choose for playing!

Julia said:

Kinda weird, yeah. The main point is that they aren't that likely to happen. IIRC, when I played this Scenario, I never ever had to fight any of them (with Avi's utmost delight). But anyway, this Scenario can be very nasty, so pay attention to the characters you choose for playing!

Have to play some before... Like... the second one ;)

Hugues said:

Any plans on when? C'me on Hugues, deep into madness with us!

Julia said:

Kinda weird, yeah. The main point is that they aren't that likely to happen. IIRC, when I played this Scenario, I never ever had to fight any of them (with Avi's utmost delight).

Sarcasm alert ;')

Julia said:

Hugues said:

Any plans on when? C'me on Hugues, deep into madness with us!

One of us, one of us, gooble gabble!

I think I may post up to the end of the Nyarlathotep scenarios this week, but, the ending will remain unrevealed until someone (cough cough, Julia) finishes them. Also, image uploaded on blog :') (and I changed the title of scenario 12 (I always hated it), good thing you hadn't made one for it yet, neeeext.

Avi_dreader said:

Julia said:

Kinda weird, yeah. The main point is that they aren't that likely to happen. IIRC, when I played this Scenario, I never ever had to fight any of them (with Avi's utmost delight).

Sarcasm alert ;')

Three strikes and am I out? ::laughter::

Avi_dreader said:

I think I may post up to the end of the Nyarlathotep scenarios this week, but, the ending will remain unrevealed until someone (cough cough, Julia) finishes them. Also, image uploaded on blog :') (and I changed the title of scenario 12 (I always hated it), good thing you hadn't made one for it yet, neeeext.

::cough cough:: still no traces of the table. Today I played an AH+MH game (the first in (strange) eons) but I run out of space only with the base board. Maybe this week. I'll try to recover traces of it in the coming days

Anyway, this week I'll try to work on Scenario 10

Someone is messing the situation in Dunwich. Haven't you heard the rumors about what' going on at Whateley Farm? No? Then it's better reading the narrative leading to this Scenario ( here ) and be ready to face the Horror. Things are getting worse.

S10-Seeds-of-Corruption-Front-Face.png

Enjoy a dive into madness before it's too late!

Julia said:

Someone is messing the situation in Dunwich. Haven't you heard the rumors about what' going on at Whateley Farm? No? Then it's better reading the narrative leading to this Scenario ( here ) and be ready to face the Horror. Things are getting worse.

S10-Seeds-of-Corruption-Front-Face.png

Enjoy a dive into madness before it's too late!

Eeee... Is that the clarification text? Did you put up the revised version? (This one still has the phrase "some of them has to" it needs to be "have to" at the end, I'm not sure if you just left that part unedited?)

Anyway, thanks for posting ;') and, reposting.

Avi_dreader said:

Eeee... Is that the clarification text? Did you put up the revised version? (This one still has the phrase "some of them has to" it needs to be "have to" at the end, I'm not sure if you just left that part unedited?)

Anyway, thanks for posting ;') and, reposting.

I copy and pasted the sentence you dropped me by e-mail, Avi. The point is a grammar mistake? Still unclear? No probs in changing, just drop me the definitive wording, and I'll re-upload the image