Arkham Horror Fan League - Scenarios in Eon format

By Julia, in Fan Creations

Hi everybody,

Avi started almost a year ago a particular kind of League for advanced players, using tons of great custom material that was published in these forums during the years. It was a great way for celebrating the ideas of many, and to give the game a different dimension of play. All of his efforts were published on his blogspot . Since now, at least. After playing the first Scenarios, a bizarre idea started buzzing into my mind: give those Scenarios a proper form. So I started bothering Avi with tons of questions about rules and similar stuff, and finally started transporting everything into an eon format. In this thread I'll publish the final version of each Scenario, starting from the first one, Sin and Death.

Just some reminders in order everything can be used in the proper way. The League is destined to players having all expansions up to (and including) Innsmouth Horror. All rules for the League can be found here .

Please notice that all Scenarios are in some way interlaced. In order to enjoy completely the story leading to each of those Scenario, it's important to read the narrative parts Avi wrote during these months. As long as I keep posting those Scenarios, I'll hyperlink the narrative parts, in order that everyone can follow what's happening in Arkham.

As for this first Scenario is concerned, here you find the Preface and the Narrative for Scenario 1.

And here is the Scenario:

SinandDeath-scenarioone.png

Last but not least, a heartly felt thank you to Avi, for the time spent reworking this stuff with me, for the advice given and for all the other little silly things that made these months special :-)

For some misterious reasons, I had to rename the photobucket album. In case this messes up everything (broken links and so on), I repost the Scenario here:

SinandDeath-scenarioone.png

Apologies for the inconvenient

Well :') Thanks Julia, for the complements and for helping with the enhancements. I hope it will suck some other players into the League, but regardless, I think it looks cool.

I was thinkin about returning to this league. Anyway, the picture look great ! Excellent Job.

amikezor said:

I was thinkin about returning to this league. Anyway, the picture look great ! Excellent Job.

Thank you! I was lucky with the picture, and with Avi photoshopping it a little :-)

Saturday or Sunday I'm going to post Scenario 2 (the most difficult part of it - the picture - is already done)

Julia said:

amikezor said:

Thank you! I was lucky with the picture, and with Avi photoshopping it a little :-)

Saturday or Sunday I'm going to post Scenario 2 (the most difficult part of it - the picture - is already done)

I can't wait to see the picture for scenario 3 :'D

Ok then, it's time to post the following chapter of the League. Here you can find the Narrative leading to the events described in Scenario 2.

ExodusEarth-scenariotwo.png

Ok, here we go with Scenario 3 of the Custom League. It's a lot of fun to play, basically for some new dynamics on how to get some Corruptions; so it's worth of playing even as an independent Scenario. Anyway, in the League context, you can read the here the Narrative leading to the events described in this Scenario.

RivalriesoftheGods-scenariothree.png

I'd really love to play this league - but I'm totally new to this forum (and fora in general): I can not find the eon files("Arkham Horror Fan League - Scenarios in Eon format")! I can find a lot of pictures both here and via the links, but I would like my stuff in the right size and with corresponding backsides. Thus, I'd like the eon files. Am I being totally blind?

Anyhow, look like a great piece of work and I really. really want to play it. Thanks!

slegyras said:

I'd really love to play this league - but I'm totally new to this forum (and fora in general): I can not find the eon files("Arkham Horror Fan League - Scenarios in Eon format")! I can find a lot of pictures both here and via the links, but I would like my stuff in the right size and with corresponding backsides. Thus, I'd like the eon files. Am I being totally blind?

Anyhow, look like a great piece of work and I really. really want to play it. Thanks!

Typically people don't post eon files. It's usually just jpegs.

I hope you play and enjoy the league (if your skill level is adequate for it, I'm sure you will, if it isn't, I can give you some general strategy tips for improving certain game fundamentals, or you can just play the game at your own pace and start the league a year or two from now).

Hi Slegyras,

and thank you for the interest in this little project :-) Posting eon links can be a problem, since basically most of us do not have some file hosting device available to store files on the net. The easiest thing is to find a site (photobucket, flickr, whatelse) to host images, and then hyperlnking them. The images (png) that I uploaded to my Photobucket are exported from Strange Eons in the highest quality possible, and have the exact dimensions of "official" heralds. Thus, it's enough that you download the picture from Photobucket and you're done, print them (the back side of a Herald / Scenario is the same of its front face, so no further images needed) and that's it.

In case you do prefer having a pdf format or whatelse, just PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you as soon as possible some materials!

Time to post Scenario 4 of the Custom League. It's probably the best one from the first series of five Scenarios (I'll try to post the last one next week), and it's not particularly difficult; so, again, it'd be worth playing even for those who do not attend to the League. Anyway, here is the Narrative leading to the events described in this Scenario.

S04-Themoonlightplague.png

Heh... The fourth scenario is probably my favorite of the first five as well (although I was very fond of scenario three's corruption distribution mechanic)... If you're playing it out of context, I'd advise substituting a character for Wendy and a random character for Sister Mary (but have the Sister Mary Substitute begin at the church with the doom token). It'll be a lot more challenging, but a lot of fun :'D

Here we go with Scenario 5 of the Custom League. It's probably the most difficult of the first five, and it will definitely test the way players are able to focus on gates. Going for monster whacking (for all investigators involved but Zoey) can be a real mess. Anyway, this is the last Scenario of the first group. Starting from the next Scenario, a new poll of investigators will be available.

Here is the Narrative leading to the events described in this Scenario.

S05-Darknessdawning.png

Have fun!

It's time to start posting Scenarios from the second part of Avi's Custom League. For these Scenarios (from Scenario 6 to Scenario 12) there is a new pool of investigators to choose from, and some rules were also changed: investigators are not allowed to carry over items but monster trophies. Before playing it, please have a look here for checking the rules of this part of the League.

Here you'll find the Narrative leading to this second part of the story, and here is the Scenario:

S06-The-Sight-of-Darkness.png

Be careful, since it's not a difficult Scenario per se, but it can easily nuke the strongest party if not handled with care

The clarification about the Dark Druid movement is for the case the Dark Druid is sharing a location with an investigator? The mythos card says he has to move but sharing a location with an investigator prevents it for moving. But still it's ability has to apply. Is there any other situation?

The Serpent People, elusive, moving 3 spaces... They can do a lot of damage... :/

Hugues said:

The clarification about the Dark Druid movement is for the case the Dark Druid is sharing a location with an investigator? The mythos card says he has to move but sharing a location with an investigator prevents it for moving. But still it's ability has to apply. Is there any other situation?

The Serpent People, elusive, moving 3 spaces... They can do a lot of damage... :/

Hi Hughes,

yeah, Serpent People are incredibly nasty. Actually, this second part of the League is one of the most dramatic Arkham experience I've ever had. It's awesome, terrific, sublime and a neverending chess-game. It's a week I'm studying the opening for Scenario 12 ::laughter:: this Scenario here can easly nuke you if you start it badly. But anyway, I really prefer monsters moving three times instead of twice. They will often go from a side of the city to the other one, so you can bypass them easily.

As for your question... I think I could have the answer (Dark Druid when leaving woods moves along a double colored path, so technically even if his movement is triggered by an hex on white, he moves along a black arrow, and this can mislead), but I'd love to hear the proper answer from Avi (there are many misteries around the Dark Druid, and hopefully the FAQ will solve them)

Hugues said:

Uhhh, honestly, I don't remember the proto-FAQ ruling, and even if I did, I couldn't tell you because of the Non Disclosure Agreement ;'D However, in the meanwhile, I'd just play this scenario that its ability activates whenever its movement is drawn on black on a card (the arrows on the board are irrelevant for this— I don't remember if that will or will not be the case when the FAQ is released).

The thing about those Serpent People is you're either going to have to kill them or stay out of the streets. It's not like they're stalkers after all.

I didn't make them stalkers, did I? I don't think I did... It's been a year and a half since I designed these scenarios, I'm a bit foggy about some of them sometimes.

Also, what Julia said about the double arrows.

Julia said:

Hugues said:

Hi Hughes,

yeah, Serpent People are incredibly nasty. Actually, this second part of the League is one of the most dramatic Arkham experience I've ever had. It's awesome, terrific, sublime and a neverending chess-game. It's a week I'm studying the opening for Scenario 12 ::laughter:: this Scenario here can easly nuke you if you start it badly. But anyway, I really prefer monsters moving three times instead of twice. They will often go from a side of the city to the other one, so you can bypass them easily.

As for your question... I think I could have the answer (Dark Druid when leaving woods moves along a double colored path, so technically even if his movement is triggered by an hex on white, he moves along a black arrow, and this can mislead), but I'd love to hear the proper answer from Avi (there are many misteries around the Dark Druid, and hopefully the FAQ will solve them)

Oh... I got your point. when starting from a location, if he moves along the white arrow is also moving along a black arrow... Well, if think it would never had trigger anything in my mind. :)

But, wasn't it Avi on blogspot, who wrote the clarification at first ? I mean, either Avi wrote it because of your remarks Julia and so i guess you got the reason right, or either he wrote it because of another reason which could be mine... I mean, Avi because of the undisclosure agreement, you can say why you wrote that ?

Okay sorry.

I must have misread your message the first time. I miss all the answers you wrote :/

Avi_dreader said:

I didn't make them stalkers, did I? I don't think I did... It's been a year and a half since I designed these scenarios, I'm a bit foggy about some of them sometimes.

Nope, they are not stalkers. You made stalkers the werewolf in Scenario 4, which also originally moved three spaces instead of the normal two. Here Serpent People are normal elusive blinding fast monsters

Hugues said:

Okay sorry.

I must have misread your message the first time. I miss all the answers you wrote :/

But anyway.. are you playing some of them? In case you need the Eon for a French translation, let me know

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Nope, they are not stalkers. You made stalkers the werewolf in Scenario 4, which also originally moved three spaces instead of the normal two. Here Serpent People are normal elusive blinding fast monsters

Yeah, that's what I thought. Streets of poison :')

Julia said:

Hugues said:

Okay sorry.

But anyway.. are you playing some of them? In case you need the Eon for a French translation, let me know

Well, i was expecting playing it but, i started the french league and more important, my girlfriend put all her sewing stuff on our main table... Just amazing how much place it takes... ;)

About translation... Well, i already did a lot about the french version. I'm just waiting for the image you find in fact. Each time, i download your jpg version and make the french eon. I put everything in the same file, just have to find how to make some of the token, and then i have to finish the translation of the narrative. Big part of the stuff :/

Hugues said:

Well, i was expecting playing it but, i started the french league and more important, my girlfriend put all her sewing stuff on our main table... Just amazing how much place it takes... ;)

About translation... Well, i already did a lot about the french version. I'm just waiting for the image you find in fact. Each time, i download your jpg version and make the french eon. I put everything in the same file, just have to find how to make some of the token, and then i have to finish the translation of the narrative. Big part of the stuff :/

::laughter:: I can imagine perfectly the situation you're talking about (since it happens to me quite often too. Ehm, my sewing stuff. Not my girlfriend's ::laughter: :)

As for images... most of them are not so easy to find over the net, and - most important thing - they were reworked by Avi in Photoshop. I've dropped you a Friendship request; if you accept, and drop me your e-mail address via PM, I can send you over images for the first six Scenarios (if Avi doesn't mind his restyling images work is shared)

Scenario 7 will be up by the end of this week, I hope (before doing it, I have to reword my latest Herald, hope to have enough time for everything!)