Arkham Horror Fan League - Scenarios in Eon format

By Julia, in Fan Creations

Well... I got the images but why not.

For the friend request, yep, i got the mail to warn me. Just have to find the way to accept it :D

Hugues said:

Well... I got the images but why not.

For the friend request, yep, i got the mail to warn me. Just have to find the way to accept it :D

Lovable :-) both Avi and I have a special feeling towards certain pictures, so the fact you could use them it's important. At least, for me :-) I received your PM. Later on, today or tomorrow, I'll send you all the materials :-)

Wait, what? Did I miss or forget something? Is the Fan Creation League being translated? If so, and I didn't say this before, very cool, if not, then what are you guys talking about. I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about.

Generally I don't care if other people use images or things I've made or altered, although I do prefer when people don't use the same images for custom content in general (just because it kind of forces people to choose between which creation they want to print out— who wants to have two or three custom heralds with the same image after all).

Edit: okay, I know what you're talking about now, basically. Please excuse my senility ;'D

No problem. We weren't very clear.

In fact, some days ago, i may have speak about translate it to french. I translated the first two narrative and mostly the scenario. But, translating narrative is way more difficult than the scenario. I mean, i understand what you wrote, but sometimes i have some doubt, which i usually don't care when i'm reading. But translating, i can't just don't care. So the narrative is going very slow...

And i think i remember you said something about the translation, like "okay for translated scenarios, but need a translated narrative too...." and something about quality.

I remember you talking about translating all this stuff, too! And Avi said something like "if you're going to translate the Scenarios, please, do not forget to translate the narrative, since it's such an important part of the League" or something similar ::laughter::

As for the pictures: I totally agree with Avi, it's better not to use the same images for different Heralds / scenarios and so on. But it's also true the other way round: using the same picture for different translations of the same stuff should help people to figure out what's going on :-)

Hugues said:

No problem. We weren't very clear.

In fact, some days ago, i may have speak about translate it to french. I translated the first two narrative and mostly the scenario. But, translating narrative is way more difficult than the scenario. I mean, i understand what you wrote, but sometimes i have some doubt, which i usually don't care when i'm reading. But translating, i can't just don't care. So the narrative is going very slow...

And i think i remember you said something about the translation, like "okay for translated scenarios, but need a translated narrative too...." and something about quality.

If you're going to translate the narrative, I really ought to meet up with you on Skype for a bit and explain certain aspects of it (theme, structure, and plot spoilers are involved). I can't be more clear here. Lips are zipped. Mmmmph!

Finally I was able to finish the eon for Scenario 07 (don't be afraid, all Scenarios will be released in eon format, as long as Avi has the inner strength to keep on answering my e-mails; I hope to be able to fasten the pace I release them in the coming month). Beware, it's a *tough* one, being time a major issue. But it's absolutely worth the initial suffering. Here is the narrative leading to the events described in this Scenario.

And here is the Scenario:

S07-City-of-Ice.png

So dramatic! Look at that God's wind swept hair! ;')

Avi_dreader said:

Drama is required for this chapter of the League!

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Avi_dreader said:

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

All chapters of the League ;'D

Yeah, you're right. Especially because of Mary and the awful guy who's even worse than Mary and will arrive with the Nyarly scenarios...

Julia said:

Yeah, you're right. Especially because of Mary and the awful guy who's even worse than Mary and will arrive with the Nyarly scenarios...

Avi_dreader said:

Vincent? ;'D

Nope. Monterey Je*k

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Vincent? ;'D

Nope. Monterey Je*k

Avi_dreader said:

I thought I told you, I changed those scenarios so that everyone is a copy of Vincent.

::laughter:: for some reasons, I'd prefer to play Vincent rather than Monterey

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

I thought I told you, I changed those scenarios so that everyone is a copy of Vincent.

::laughter:: for some reasons, I'd prefer to play Vincent rather than Monterey

I also made it so that all copies of Vincent need to be on the same space at the end of every mythos phase or you lose instantly ;'D

Avi_dreader said:

I also made it so that all copies of Vincent need to be on the same space at the end of every mythos phase or you lose instantly ;'D

Seems an old Genesis videoclip...

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

???

Avi_dreader said:

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

???

I'm not referring to any clip in particular, but to the general atmosphere of some

Hi!

Me, my brother, my daughter and sometimes even her Godfather play Arkham Horror more often lately. And we are starting looking for some fan made scenarios. This campaign of yours seems to be very interesting. But we have some questions about scenario nr 1 "Sins and Death":

1. Ancient OneS: Death and Dracula ? How can it be? Both of them in the same time? How so!

2. As for Dracula (is he your doing too?). What is ORIGINAL VAMPIRE is ther some kind of monster token I can't find?

3. It's long time to Halloween but I've this idea to read my kid (11 years) one or two Lovecraft short stories. Which one it should be in your opinion? Not to long not to all out scary but still it should creepy. Hm? What do you think?

Thanks and keep up good work!

Marceli_B1 said:

Hi!

Me, my brother, my daughter and sometimes even her Godfather play Arkham Horror more often lately. And we are starting looking for some fan made scenarios. This campaign of yours seems to be very interesting. But we have some questions about scenario nr 1 "Sins and Death":

1. Ancient OneS: Death and Dracula ? How can it be? Both of them in the same time? How so!

2. As for Dracula (is he your doing too?). What is ORIGINAL VAMPIRE is ther some kind of monster token I can't find?

3. It's long time to Halloween but I've this idea to read my kid (11 years) one or two Lovecraft short stories. Which one it should be in your opinion? Not to long not to all out scary but still it should creepy. Hm? What do you think?

Thanks and keep up good work!

1)On behalf of Julia and myself (she may be afk for a few days), thank you. The herald in this scenario is Janus. I made it to allow players to combine ancient ones and heralds. It's a really useful herald, I think. It exponentially increases what you can do with the game. On the off chance you weren't joking, you should understand that the custom content is here and here

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/avi_dreader/
http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/avi_dreader/ Additional%20Components%20for%20the%20Fan%20Creation%20League/ (I'll add in some more stuff here as I reveal the other half of the scenarios, everything's done though, except for some tweaks I need to make to adjust for CotDP revised, and possibly for the new Act cards).

and the story and rules are here
http://arkhamleague.blogspot.com/2010/03/preface.html
http://arkhamleague.blogspot.com/2010/03/arkham-horror-fan-creation-league.html

2)The original vampire means the actual vampire token. So it is the monster token you can find :') unless you lost your vampire. I.e. it's not the cultists and maniacs that become like unmodified vampires. The vampire that is not a copy and that has enhanced statistics (increased toughness, flying, physical immunity and an inability to be removed from the board).

3)The Temple is pretty creepy, I think. But, uh. I don't know. Lovecraft's fairly scary for some people? So, read it first and use your discretion.

@Marceli_B1

If you guys find the campaign too difficult, feel free to ask me for advise regarding strategy, or I can make you some game modifiers to make it easier ;'D I'd rather teach you advanced strategy though. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and give back feedback if you'd like.

Sorry just had to post something because this thread was squating there on the list trying to trick me into thinking there were things I hadn't read. It was annoying me.

Thanks Veet, it solved my problem too ;o)

Thx Avi for answering even for me. Julia will be sadly often afk in the coming weeks. But the project is still alive, clearly. The next Scenario will be posted this week!