Saturday Night Showdown at the Event Center

By Delobius, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Hi There,

I've recently purchased the core set and have played some games(both melee and joust) with my game group. I an attempt to see if I'm interested enough in the game and if I would have a steady group of people to play with (my group likes the game, but not enough to make it anything more than something in the normal rotation of games), I was hoping to possibly show up to a Saturday or two, borrow a deck, and play with you guys.

Is this out of line to ask for or might someone be willing to help out? I'm pretty solid on the base rule set (with occasional trouble on the timing of things), and would love to have some exposure to some of the mechanics introduced later (i.e. season changing and Shadows).

Mark

I'm going to attempt to make it there on Saturday (10/1). If so, there's no problem with you borrowing a deck and playing some games so that you can get the general feel of constructed play. If I can't make it, I'll say this. The people playing AGoT at FFG are some of the nicest gamers I've met, and I can't imagine that you would not find a deck to borrow or people willing to show you the ropes.

Sadly, I will not be able to stay for the evening AGoT affair this Saturday (10/8). I would, however, like to swing by for a few hours in the afternoon to get some Jousts in.

Anyone up for joining me early Saturday? Say around 1pm? (Yes, that's early for me... Just ask Nate happy.gif ).

Papa

I will likely be up there at my somewhat usual time of between 14:00 and 15:00.

Will have my usual assortment of decks and perhaps maybe even a couple new wrinkles to try out.

See you all then!

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that I think FBW was talking about putting up some prize support for a joust tournament this weekend. Would most likely start that around 18:00 or so. Nate had said he wouldn't mind running it since FBW was not confident in his ability to run a tournament just yet.

So, if you have an interest in some joust tournament action, come on by for sure.

Just a heads up that due to the "Arkhum" and "Cthulhu" craze going on at the EC this weekend I am not planning to make my usual trip.

I intend to return as usual the following week. See you all then!

indeed, arkham nights are going on this weekend and we will have no place to play at the ec. for those willing to make the drive, i will be hanging out at the gamers den in cambridge, MN with the usual folks up there (and i believe papa kahn will also be making the journey). so maybe i'll see you guys there.

we're on for this Saturday the 22nd. open play starting around 3 and possible tourney around 6 or 6:30

I'll be down around 3 and am planning to stay for the evening this week.

I've tweaked the Stark build yet again and will be looking for some games, Nick. ; )

Papa

I posted before about hoping to come and mooch a deck to see if I wanted to invest more in this game, and couldn't make it that day. I hope to tomorrow.

I will be there again along with FBW.

Should be the usual arrival time of somewhere between 14:00 - 15:00.

See you guys there.

we're on for saturday 10/29. hopefully it will be less busy this saturday at the EC. I'll be there around 2 or 3 PM attempting to gear up for DoI&F2011 (we will see if my decks agree).

I'll be there at the usual time with FBW.

See you guys there!

Planning to be up there at the usual time with crowd favorite FBW once again.

Last week before Days of Ice and Fire. Be there or be elsewhere.

I won't be able to stay for the evening this Saturday (11/19), but I do plan to be there during the afternoon (up until about 5). Hope to see lots of you there.

While we're on the subject of Saturdays, the EC, and AGoT...

Thanksgiving weekend is fast approaching and I'm toast on that Saturday. Won't be able to attend at all (Boo!). However, I'm free on Black Friday. Anyone up for our own Meta-Sota gathering on Black Friday? I'd love to get some games in.

Papa

I'm expecting to be there my usual time on Saturday this week (14:00~15:00).

Will play long as there are folks to play with. Made some tweaks to about half my decks after the "Days" event. Will probably see if I can try them out.

As for a Black Friday social, probably won't be able to make that one. As of right now I'm planning to be there for my usual Saturday madness on Thanksgiving weekend. Will take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe, happy holiday in case I don't see some of you between now and then.

Sorry, guys. Ended up not making it today due to the hazardous roads in my area. The first snow storm of the year really did a number on us down here. Almost got involved in an accident and decided the roads were not safe enough for the trip.

See you all next time...

I should be able to make Friday, after I get off of work. Would be up for normal Saturday also. Need to remember to tweak my deck before then.

Mark

It's looking like there will be a few of us around the EC Friday (Black Friday) for some AGoT. Probably starting late afternoonish (around 3 maybe?) and continuing on into the evening. So stop on down and join us!

Papa

Is the usual Saturday group still planning to show on the 26th?

Yes, I'm planning to be there for the usual Saturday shenanigans.

I'm normally there between 14:00 - 15:00.

See everyone there.

Hey guys, just wanted to share some clarification that I found here on the forums for things that came up this past Saturday regarding Walder:

In regards to how his deadly operates: javascript:void(0);/*1322415964169*/

In regards to the timing of his passive jump in works when declaring defenders: javascript:void(0);/*1322416023641*/

What a wacky guy. Not an instant include since if he jumps to the defenders side when I'm attacking he can be selected to die for deadly, but not as bad as how we ended up playing him.

See everyone next week,

Mark

Okay guys, someone wanted me to post when we got our event scheduled up here in Cambridge, so here's the link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=137&efcid=4&efidt=583119

The event is Sunday, Dec 11th at Noon. $5 entry, with prizes. Hope some of you guys can make it. Grand Melee will be legal, but not On Dangerous Ground (if it is available).

Kid Gruesome said:

Hey guys, just wanted to share some clarification that I found here on the forums for things that came up this past Saturday regarding Walder:

In regards to how his deadly operates: javascript:void(0);/*1322415964169*/

In regards to the timing of his passive jump in works when declaring defenders: javascript:void(0);/*1322416023641*/

What a wacky guy. Not an instant include since if he jumps to the defenders side when I'm attacking he can be selected to die for deadly, but not as bad as how we ended up playing him.

See everyone next week,

Mark

I'm just glad somebody plays him still (considering he was the last card idea i pitched to the design staff while i was still working at ffg).

as to your event jj, i'll make sure to be there.

As to the event, I'm also planning on attending.