Sifting through Shadows >> A preview of upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay titles

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

I just got a question - I heared that the Guides & Vaults product will be avalaible in the end of november (in the next week) is that true?

And I heared a rumour that the Witches Song will be avaliable in January 2011, can anyone confirm those dates?

Well, based on when all the guides and vaults went up on the Upcoming section, and looking at their estimates... the expected time of arrivial is between the 29th of this month, and the 23rd of December.

However, I do see many online shops listing them as a late January release - Maelstrom games listing them as 22 of Jan.

Several shops are listing The Witch's Song as an early February release.

Kharrak said:

Well, based on when all the guides and vaults went up on the Upcoming section, and looking at their estimates... the expected time of arrivial is between the 29th of this month, and the 23rd of December.

However, I do see many online shops listing them as a late January release - Maelstrom games listing them as 22 of Jan.

Several shops are listing The Witch's Song as an early February release.

I don't trust Amazon or Maelstrom, they always have a realy far release dates. The product is far a long time avaliable in my FLGS and they don't have it.

Oh, and don't look at the Upcoming section. There's a little mess in there. One example - I'm a Invasion fan and I waiting for The Fourth Waystone. James Hata said that it will be avalibale in two weeks and the status of it was at the printer. So You see, those are just tips that show not alway the correct status of the game.

According to many shops in Europe the Guides & Vaults will be avaliable about the end of november, so I'm waiting.

I must say that I would be very pleased when we would see some new news from Jay Little. He could say what is the status and maybe give us some more new sneak pick? Let's hope that we will not have to wait too long for some new WFRP Designers Dairy.

ffgfan said:

I just got a question - I heared that the Guides & Vaults product will be avalaible in the end of november (in the next week) is that true?

And I heared a rumour that the Witches Song will be avaliable in January 2011, can anyone confirm those dates?

The 3 Guides & 3 Vaults products are listed as "on the boat" in the upcoming products page ... gran_risa.gif

Cwell2101 said:

The 3 Guides & 3 Vaults products are listed as "on the boat" in the upcoming products page ... gran_risa.gif

Those are on the boat from a month. And sometimes there was such sytuation when a game was only 2 weeks on the boat and then hit the stores (The Fourth Waystone is a good example here). So I just hope that the date 30th november is correct and all G&V products will hit the store that day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. gran_risa.gif

Oh, and by the way. I hope that in december we will see The Witch's Song - designers dairy. And we are going to have a sneak peak at what will be in that adventure. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I want all three guides, but don't know about the players and GM vault, since they have no new stuff. I'll get the creatures vault for sure of course.

The reason I want all the guides is to replace my soft cover books with hard back. But it's aways nice to know that I can buy one of the other vaults if a card is lost or something similar.

But I want the three guides to replace my current 7 books with 3.

I may get the other vaults though, just to have a second set of action cards that I can use for NPCs (since not all action cards will be present in the creatures vault). That will make it easy to create encounters. Just jot down the stats and what cards the npc has. Currently I am making all NPCs in strange eons. Four NPCs on an A4 page with room for six action cards. Looks nice but it takes time. Just being able to have the stats and what cards to add would be great.

Gallows said:

The reason I want all the guides is to replace my soft cover books with hard back. But it's aways nice to know that I can buy one of the other vaults if a card is lost or something similar.

I may get the other vaults though, just to have a second set of action cards that I can use for NPCs (since not all action cards will be present in the creatures vault). That will make it easy to create encounters. Just jot down the stats and what cards the npc has. Currently I am making all NPCs in strange eons. Four NPCs on an A4 page with room for six action cards. Looks nice but it takes time. Just being able to have the stats and what cards to add would be great.

Yes, that's a good reason but in those 3 book is not everything from the previous I think. I will see and compare when I will get those in my hands.

And You don't have to no more make Your own creature cards - You will get all those in the Creatures Vault.

I hope that those news from Uk are true and we will see all the Guides & Vaults next week in Europe. It will be great when this happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this great news next week. gran_risa.gif

Games Lore has them listed as "New". Just ordered the Creature Guide.

Curse you FFG! Taking more of my monies!

ffgfan said:

Gallows said:

Yes, that's a good reason but in those 3 book is not everything from the previous I think. I will see and compare when I will get those in my hands.

And You don't have to no more make Your own creature cards - You will get all those in the Creatures Vault.

I hope that those news from Uk are true and we will see all the Guides & Vaults next week in Europe. It will be great when this happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this great news next week. gran_risa.gif

Yeah I know I still have to make my scenario NPCs, but since they supply the monster ations, I am thinking about getting the players vault too, so I have all the cards I need for my monsters. Then I can just make my custom monsters on the small template and don't have to type in all the actions. That will save a lot of time for me.

But the actions tables in the players vault will be very nice when creating NPCs as well. Overall I think all three books can make life a little easier for me as a GM in the planning phase.

Illustrious said:

Curse you FFG! Taking more of my monies!

Thanks for letting us know !

i just bought the 3 books and the Creature Vault! my little Xmass present to myself gran_risa.gif

Illustrious said:

So first was Esdevium Games and now Games Lore - now this can't be a mistake. So G&V are coming next week - WOOOOW! That's amazing! gran_risa.gif

So far, so good. The post has been accurate.