I LOVE DEMOCRACY

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

14 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

Fact don't care about your feelings. The archeological evidence is older than the false books that removed the polytheistic origin.

What archeological evidence? I don't see any at all. All I see is opinion

What I do see is that this is a complete waste of my time. I continually try to be civil with you and yet you continually are excessively rude and I really would rather not continue this absolutely pointless conversation. This thread has gotten off the rails and needs to end

2 hours ago, bllaw said:

No I clearly stated that it is our own fault. Yahweh set the terms and we disobeyed them so we receive the punishment.

He does have that power but we disobeyed Him and brought punishment and HIV on ourselves. We are flawed humans. And if an eternal outlook is taken, then HIV and bone cancer don't matter in the least since they last for an infinitely small period of time in comparison to eternity.

What power did we gain from the tree of knowledge? All we gained was death. Ignorance of what sin is is most definitely bliss so the human race had it off much better before the fruit was eaten so why would God fear us? He is an all powerful God and we are to fear him not the other way since we have no power ourselves

Christians: Atheism is so nihilistic, without god, all is so meaningless. Atheism is so negativ.

Also Christians: WE ARE ALL FLAWED SINNERS, KNOWLEDGE EQUALS DEATH, ALL MANKIND IS FOREVER FLAWED!!!

I would honestly urge you to try life without your belief. Just for a while. A few weeks or a month. You don't need to become an atheist. Try Islam. Try the catholic church. Try buddism. Or maybe, maybe speak to atheists and try living without a god.

You may realise that you can live a good life without the constant reminder that you are evil and bad and sinful. And you can still do good things. In fact, you may meet a bunch of good people that don't deserve to rot in **** for an eternity because they committed the grave sin of not-being-christians.

that's why I'm saying the motivations, all the genocide and suffering in the bible, make way more sense when you know yahweh is a war god. I've actually provided them an out to the argument about why god causes so much suffering.

5 minutes ago, Sandmann87 said:

You may realise that you can live a good life without the constant reminder that you are evil and bad and sinful. And you can still do good things. In fact, you may meet a bunch of good people that don't deserve to rot in **** for an eternity because they committed the grave sin of not-being-christians.

I don't live life with the constant reminder that I'm evil. I live with the constant reminder that I am made in the image of God and that I am loved by Him. I live with the reminder that I have a hope of eternal life in paradise and I can't imagine living any other way.

36 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

false books

So you say everything in the Bible is false? Even the stuff with Fact behind it?

1 minute ago, Bravo Null said:

So you say everything in the Bible is false? Even the stuff with Fact behind it?

What a dumb take

Is Harry Potter real because it has London?

Just now, All Shields Forward said:

What a dumb take

This is what i mean. Please stop being rude just because people disagree with you. Doesn't prove your point it does the opposite it shows that since youre not proving your point you resort to this

10 minutes ago, bllaw said:

a hope of eternal life in paradise

Theory. Life in the Universe is an eternally available thing, life is paradise, but on Earth we have to work with each other to build and maintain a paradise fit for life.

Plot twist, that includes all of nature and all the people who are slightly different to you.

I never had the hope of religion, I just figured it was likely thus and started working.

Just now, bllaw said:

This is what i mean. Please stop being rude just because people disagree with you. Doesn't prove your point it does the opposite it shows that since youre not proving your point you resort to this

Answer his question: Is Harry Potter fact or fiction?

Just now, bllaw said:

Does someone need to clarify that London is real when they say Harry Potter is a fake story?

If someone is being purposely obtuse I'll call it out.

I live near it. It's definitely unreal.

1 minute ago, Sandmann87 said:

Answer his question: Is Harry Potter fact or fiction?

He had not posted his harry potter question for the millionth time by the time i replied so I could not of replied to it. And it was a rhetorical question

1 minute ago, All Shields Forward said:

Does someone need to clarify that London is real when they say Harry Potter is a fake story?

But that's not at all what was being said. You said the bible was completely fake, and Bravo Null said that no, some of it is true. Because it is. There is historical truth that can indeed be proven not just that jerusalem exists.

1 minute ago, bllaw said:

He had not posted his harry potter question for the millionth time by the time i replied so I could not of replied to it. And it was a rhetorical question

No it's a real question. Please answer it

Just now, bllaw said:

But that's not at all what was being said. You said the bible was completely fake, and Bravo Null said that no, some of it is true. Because it is. There is historical truth that can indeed be proven not just that jerusalem exists.

That's weird, because I just spent the last few pages explaining the archeological fact and history that the bible pulls from.

No it's a real question. Please answer it

So you're wondering whether or not Harry Potter is real? Cause you should read them youll easily find your answer there you shouldnt need my help

That's weird, because I just spent the last few pages explaining the archeological fact and history that the bible pulls from.

So are the Jews a real human race?

Just now, bllaw said:

So you're wondering whether or not Harry Potter is real? Cause you should read them youll easily find your answer there you shouldnt need my help

Oh I know it's not real. But I'm not the one claiming a book is evidence of god.

Oh I know it's not real. But I'm not the one claiming a book is evidence of god.

I really love it when people put words in my mouth. You can look back at everything I have said I never stated that because the bible exists, God is real. Not once

Just now, bllaw said:

I really love it when people put words in my mouth. You can look back at everything I have said I never stated that because the bible exists, God is real. Not once

That argument has been made several times on this thread.

That argument has been made several times on this thread.

Never by me because that makes no sense so please dont say that I said that

Also you didnt answer my question

3 minutes ago, bllaw said:

You are trying, very very hard, to make this into a binary issue, where either everything from the bible is wrong, or nothing is.

That is wrong. A book can feature real people and places and still be considered fiction. In fact, many ficticious books feature real places.