I LOVE DEMOCRACY

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

10 hours ago, McFoy said:

Only 41% of any given thing I post is trolling.

What the actual ****, dude? That is wildly inappropriate and uncalled for. You know what you're doing, and it's horrible.

7 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

If I don't say it elsewhere, you'll be one of the folks onhere I'll miss most when the doors shut down.

IMG-1099.jpg

When Guri says **** TERFs, she backs it up with a blaster.

I second all of this.

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

That's the problem. Since 2010, the right party in this country has continued to bow to the extremist right. Absorbing the Tea Party is a direct lead up to Trump. And while the path to Trump is much longer than that, its a bit easier to see. Sure, there are plenty of conservative beliefs that fall into simple, easy debatable areas. But that's not what the GOP is anymore. They have been swallowed up entirely by Trumpism. I mean, the freaking head of the RNC had to literally change her name to appease Trump. There are valuable conservatives out there. But, at the moment, the cannot gain a voice or power, because the base refuses to accept "moderation" anymore.

And I say this as someone who very nearly fell down into what is called the alt-right. If not for the grace of god, I would have been all in on gamergate and comicgate, and god knows how far I would have gone. And thank god a cartoon came out that prevented that. Because god, the lingo they use unironically is embarrassing. I follow a bunch of fairly conservative lawyers on twitter, and that has been a very helpful way of keeping a balanced view.

I'm curious what cartoon you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

That's the problem. Since 2010, the right party in this country has continued to bow to the extremist right. Absorbing the Tea Party is a direct lead up to Trump. And while the path to Trump is much longer than that, its a bit easier to see. Sure, there are plenty of conservative beliefs that fall into simple, easy debatable areas. But that's not what the GOP is anymore. They have been swallowed up entirely by Trumpism. I mean, the freaking head of the RNC had to literally change her name to appease Trump. There are valuable conservatives out there. But, at the moment, the cannot gain a voice or power, because the base refuses to accept "moderation" anymore.

And I say this as someone who very nearly fell down into what is called the alt-right. If not for the grace of god, I would have been all in on gamergate and comicgate, and god knows how far I would have gone. And thank god a cartoon came out that prevented that. Because god, the lingo they use unironically is embarrassing. I follow a bunch of fairly conservative lawyers on twitter, and that has been a very helpful way of keeping a balanced view.

52 minutes ago, gryffindorhouse said:

What the actual ****, dude? That is wildly inappropriate and uncalled for. You know what you're doing, and it's horrible.

You might change your name before you preach, associated as it is with that horrible banshee TERF Rowling.

Honestly, fair point. I made this account long before I knew about any of that, and it is a bit problematic. I may do so, but honestly with the forums closing so soon, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Still, there is a pretty big difference between having a username associated with a franchise created by someone with transphobic views, and specifically making pointed remarks about trans suicide rates to a trans person.

8 hours ago, McFoy said:

Well, not to mislead. That particular study was done in such a small sample and the questions were leading so it can't really be trusted. I imagine if someone ran a legitimate survey among all the mentally ill sub factions you'd get a more realistic number.

Hang on.

Regardless of the accuracy of the number, is this you actually admitting to deliberately and knowingly citing a trans suicide statistic to a trans person as the very first response to them making a comment?

Because...

Jesus.

You're a real piece of s**t.

Like, you should genuinely take a step back and assess why that was your go to reaction. There is something fundamentally f***ed with your empathy response.

6 hours ago, gryffindorhouse said:

And remember! If someone of a minority is saying, "This person is problematic" we MAY have a point!

13 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah, fair.

I know you know, but I think it bears repeating that for those who don't that there were a lot of Nazis of various stripes in this riot, and it wasn't just some silly meme. Guns and zip-tie handcuffs for kidnapping folks (like the foiled plot in Michigan) and Molotov cocktails and pipebombs. Things didn't turn out that bad on this one day, but it was close.

Those involved who weren't Nazis out for blood, well, they're grown adults, who made a choice to stand shoulder to shoulder with these folks, who ought to take responsibility for their actions.

It's dog whistles all the way down.

//

If I don't say it elsewhere, you'll be one of the folks onhere I'll miss most when the doors shut down.

IMG-1099.jpg

When Guri says **** TERFs, she backs it up with a blaster.

Guri is one of several Queen b**ches and it's great.

Thanks Fig. Hit me up in DMs. Otherwise, I guess I'll see you on BGG.

5 hours ago, gryffindorhouse said:

Still, there is a pretty big difference between having a username associated with a franchise created by someone with transphobic views, and specifically making pointed remarks about trans suicide rates to a trans person.

Trust me, I'm used to it. We get these attacks literally all the time from all angles. What matters is whether or not administration/staff in the places it happens listens to us.

Given McSoy is still around, seems FFG's staff never did.

3 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Hang on.

Regardless of the accuracy of the number, is this you actually admitting to deliberately and knowingly citing a trans suicide statistic to a trans person as the very first response to them making a comment?

Because...

Jesus.

Like, you should genuinely take a step back and assess why that was your go to reaction. There is something fundamentally f***ed with your empathy response.

Oh yeah he's always been a PoS like this, straight up. Always been a real *******. Thing is I've been saying it for a couple years at this point 'cause at 28 I know what the flags and signals look like.

But yeah that's exactly what he's admitting. As for why it was his go-to, that's obvious. If he knows anything about anyone who's part of any sort of vulnerable party, he uses what he can to hurt them. This kind of guy can be found on Somethingawful, Kiwifarms, 4chan, all the ****-***-folk-breeding hotspots.

We know the language and methods 'cause we're attacked by it literally all the time.

11 hours ago, McFoy said:

If I had to pick today Bernie might actually be the best choice.

Well, I guess we do agree on that.

11 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

They'll give you those things , make you reliant on the teat but they'll still feed the beast. We are all in the churn.

I'm ****ing paying for those things. I want my taxes to be used help me, not be used for global dominance.

This moronic attitude that governance is the enemy is why we don't have nice things. The government needs to work for you, not they other way around.

And wanting "small government" while paying taxes just pissing away money on a modern-day version of the Danegeld.

6 hours ago, McFoy said:

Legend of Korra. I had caught the undertone of Korra/Asami since the end of Season 3, so the finale did not come out of no where for me. And to be fair, the real change within me started when I saw the reactions to the finale. So much joy and happiness about the representation. And my only explanation is God opened up my heart, and gave me empathy to that joy. And my empathy to all that joy prevented me from giving the standard "its forced", "its pandering", "only if it serves the story" excuses, even though I saw them toeing the line before the finale. And that caused me to re-examine a lot of my past views.

And thankfully, that empathy redirected my life views. I call out a lot of the language I see in criticism of certain things for what it is, because I recognize it as stuff I said myself. And generally, its not to insult someone, but to hopefully have them realize it themselves. I myself was not completely aware of how much racism and sexism I had been internalizing. I definitely see a version of myself going down the gamer gate path, leading to full trumpist.

Empathy, more than anything, has killed any potential right wing interest I had. I will admit, I do not fully understand gender issues. But even then, Them/They still makes sense. Some of the others I've seen seems a bit silly, sure. But, just because I don't understand it, doesn't mean I should be making fun of them over it. No one is being hurt by odd pronouns.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, Jo Jo said:

I was part of the troop surges in Afghanistan under Obama. Member when he said he was going to get us out of those wars? I member. I mean technically he ended the missions there but the troops never left.

Actually under Obama we got involved in more countries -

The Obama Doctrine: The President's Military Record, by the Numbers - The Atlantic

Biden is more of the same. They all are.

As your own article explains, what you are saying is both true and missleading. The number of countries expanded, but the number of soldiers and casualities was reduced.

And if you want those numbers reduced even more, ok. That‘s a defendable position. But there would be consequences you would need to accept, and I don‘t think that most americans, let alone conservative voters, would find those acceptable.

For example, a full retreat of all troops instead of the surge in 2009 would very likely mean that in 2021, Afghanistan would be an Islamic Caliphate, either outright or in all but name.

Edited by Sandmann87
6 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Hang on.

Because...

Jesus.

Well my go to response was more to ignore as one does with the questionably aggressive possum in your path. But then a thought crossed my mind and it made me laugh so my hands were tied. Empathy or not, you cannot pass up opportunities as they are presented.

3 hours ago, KCDodger said:

And remember! If someone of a minority is saying, "This person is problematic" we MAY have a point!

Trust me, I'm used to it. We get these attacks literally all the time from all angles. What matters is whether or not administration/staff in the places it happens listens to us.

Given McSoy is still around, seems FFG's staff never did.

Oh yeah he's always been a PoS like this, straight up. Always been a real *******. Thing is I've been saying it for a couple years at this point 'cause at 28 I know what the flags and signals look like.

But yeah that's exactly what he's admitting. As for why it was his go-to, that's obvious. If he knows anything about anyone who's part of any sort of vulnerable party, he uses what he can to hurt them. This kind of guy can be found on Somethingawful, Kiwifarms, 4chan, all the ****-***-folk-breeding hotspots.

We know the language and methods 'cause we're attacked by it literally all the time.

Most people are reasonable in the amount of personal information they share but there are those who over share to form a personality where one was lacking prior. I mean, I only know because you've made sure to detail it on any occasion. Prior to that particular revelation though you were still a real ***** so I'm not attacking you because you are Trans, that's just apparently effective ammo. I go after you because you are a trash person.

I'd say the point I became a PoS was after PGS got banned. All the interesting users either got banned or left after that. I do only post in arguments, and FFG mods do go on my profile periodically so I've been toeing their ban line or they're investigating reports from unknown persons.

3 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Legend of Korra. I had caught the undertone of Korra/Asami since the end of Season 3, so the finale did not come out of no where for me. And to be fair, the real change within me started when I saw the reactions to the finale. So much joy and happiness about the representation. And my only explanation is God opened up my heart, and gave me empathy to that joy. And my empathy to all that joy prevented me from giving the standard "its forced", "its pandering", "only if it serves the story" excuses, even though I saw them toeing the line before the finale. And that caused me to re-examine a lot of my past views.

And thankfully, that empathy redirected my life views. I call out a lot of the language I see in criticism of certain things for what it is, because I recognize it as stuff I said myself. And generally, its not to insult someone, but to hopefully have them realize it themselves. I myself was not completely aware of how much racism and sexism I had been internalizing. I definitely see a version of myself going down the gamer gate path, leading to full trumpist.

Empathy, more than anything, has killed any potential right wing interest I had. I will admit, I do not fully understand gender issues. But even then, Them/They still makes sense. Some of the others I've seen seems a bit silly, sure. But, just because I don't understand it, doesn't mean I should be making fun of them over it. No one is being hurt by odd pronouns.

Glad to know we both came out of that time period better. I was a right winger once too but just like you, learning proper empathy is what prevented me from going any further down that path.

That's how it should be, frankly. A lot of folks tend to be right wing due to a lack of understanding or simply not being empathetic.

Hit me in DMs, don't wanna' lose touch, Borg. You've always been good in my eyes.

1 hour ago, McFoy said:

Well my go to response was more to ignore as one does with the questionably aggressive possum in your path. But then a thought crossed my mind and it made me laugh so my hands were tied. Empathy or not, you cannot pass up opportunities as they are presented.

Most people are reasonable in the amount of personal information they share but there are those who over share to form a personality where one was lacking prior. I mean, I only know because you've made sure to detail it on any occasion. Prior to that particular revelation though you were still a real ***** so I'm not attacking you because you are Trans, that's just apparently effective ammo. I go after you because you are a trash person.

I'd say the point I became a PoS was after PGS got banned. All the interesting users either got banned or left after that. I do only post in arguments, and FFG mods do go on my profile periodically so I've been toeing their ban line or they're investigating reports from unknown persons.

1: lol, you can pass up opportunities.
2: I'm no trash person. I don't go out of my way to attack others and I don't make a habit of causing fights these days. Some years ago, especially on here I was especially combative. I've been fixing that over time. But people like you, sniveling turds, always try to mask your harm by saying, "No I'm justified actually."

Nah, **** you. **** the horse you rode in on. The minute I saw your content I knew you stunk and here at the end of it everyone else gets to see it.

Good job admitting toeing the ban line, though. People like you always do that ****. Walking a line you don't have to, just because you think it's fun(ny) to do. If I'm a trash person, you'd prove the notion "It takes one to know one".

But here's the thing. I have people I look out for, protect and provide space for so that they can be themselves and discover who they are without judgement. I've helped others like myself get the help they want and need and I've ensured to dedicate myself to fighting off asshats for the rest of my days and ensuring those I care about don't come to harm.

The **** do you have?

20 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Glad to know we both came out of that time period better. I was a right winger once too but just like you, learning proper empathy is what prevented me from going any further down that path.

That's how it should be, frankly. A lot of folks tend to be right wing due to a lack of understanding or simply not being empathetic.

Hit me in DMs, don't wanna' lose touch, Borg. You've always been good in my eyes.

1: lol, you can pass up opportunities.
2: I'm no trash person. I don't go out of my way to attack others and I don't make a habit of causing fights these days. Some years ago, especially on here I was especially combative. I've been fixing that over time. But people like you, sniveling turds, always try to mask your harm by saying, "No I'm justified actually."

Nah, **** you. **** the horse you rode in on. The minute I saw your content I knew you stunk and here at the end of it everyone else gets to see it.

Good job admitting toeing the ban line, though. People like you always do that ****. Walking a line you don't have to, just because you think it's fun(ny) to do. If I'm a trash person, you'd prove the notion "It takes one to know one".

But here's the thing. I have people I look out for, protect and provide space for so that they can be themselves and discover who they are without judgement. I've helped others like myself get the help they want and need and I've ensured to dedicate myself to fighting off asshats for the rest of my days and ensuring those I care about don't come to harm.

The **** do you have?

A sense of self consistent with my physical body and acceptance into society.

Enjoy your life of HRT, grooming the mentally ill, and if you go Post Op, a festering wound. Seriously, wouldn't recommend it.

**** off, dude, **** off

7 hours ago, KCDodger said:

There's a lot of times we've not seen eye to eye and I'll acknowledge that as personalities we seem to rub against each other the wrong way (sometimes that's just how it is), but I want to be clear that I'm genuinely sorry that this sort of thing is something you have to go through for just being you. It appals me that these are the depths some people will plumb for "ammunition".

For whatever it's worth, under all the trivial bullsh**, I'm on your side as a human.

Wanted to take one last look in on the forums before they go, holy **** a lot of lines were crossed that in the days this forum was actually moderated never would have been tolerated. Like seriously, bullying, hate speech, and wishing harm on someone for who they are and then finding it funny is really messed up, seek professional help because nobody here can help you.

KCDodger, I'm sorry the forums had to go out like this, you're one of the few people left here who I'm going to miss when this place is gone. I guess let's try to remember these forums for what they once were because yeah, I don't wanna think I spent all those years of my life visiting a place this bad

Edited by Kyle Ren

Hooooly crap. I thought that 41% was just a random number he pulled out, but then he went full anti-trans. This guy is seriously messed up. Is this anyone I might know, or just some rando internet troll?

Seriously, you aren't a valuable human. You can fall off the face of the earth tomorrow and the world won't miss you.

And yeah, a lot of the rest of you are good people. Go to the Krayt discord, that's where the other good people are at (irony!).

Edited by pheaver

“Festering wound” actually describes you as a person McSoy.

jesus how hard is it to just let people live? I thought that’s what conservatives wanted. Guess that was them veiling “no only when I agree with it” again.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:17 AM, KCDodger said:

Ah, cute. I see you pulled out the Transgender suicide statistic.

Hope y'all see this guy for what he really is here.

Wait, seriously? That 41% that be pulled out of his...is the statistic for transgender suicide?

1) That is a horribly high percentage...

2) McFoy, Dude, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but that is not cool...if that was truly the reason you used that specific number, and only you would know, you're ****ing messed up in the head.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:46 AM, Sithborg said:

What was that cartoon, out of curiosity. Edit: Just read the rest of the thread. Korra...will have to check it out I've not seen it if honest.

and oh god gamergate...don't give me PTSD style flashbacks.

Edited by Ebak
On 1/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, gryffindorhouse said:

Honestly, fair point. I made this account long before I knew about any of that, and it is a bit problematic. I may do so, but honestly with the forums closing so soon, I'm not sure it's worth it.

That's up to you. Personally...she's a horrid person, but I don't think it should impact your love for a franchise. If it does, then...it is what it is...you can't help feel the way you do.

I personally still enjoy and absorb Potter content, but am firmly in the camp of "You're an a**hole, JK".

I had a very long conversation with a friend about my conflicting thoughts over the series, particularly with Legend of Hogwarts coming out, and I came to realise that, whether I buy it or not won't impact her, she's already a millionaire and I dunno if I should punish a developer who make a solid product (presumably, not out yet) just because the original creator is a terrible person. It's an interesting ethical debate, one that I feel...there's no real right answer for, so long as the answer contains in some way "**** you JK."

23 hours ago, Sithborg said:

This is really wholesome to read. As for not understanding gender issues...I don't think you need to understand something entirely to have empathy for those with it. People don't need to understand why I am bi, or in a gay relationship with a man twice my age. The reality is I am and that shouldn't be a problem for them to solve. Just accept that people are different and so long as no one is being hurt it's okay to let people live their lives.

Maybe that's a misguided view, I dunno. I've always felt that...I can't stop someone from thinking certain things. If someone doesn't like me because I am in a gay relationship...then fair enough, I can't tell them what to think. So long as they don't actively oppress me, belittle me, or introduce laws to enforce their views...then it's okay. Just let people live their lives, people know what they want and make their own choices. They don't need a nanny looking out for their 'immortal soul' or something. They can make their own choices.

Edited by Ebak
20 hours ago, McFoy said:

Wow. "I did it because, while the thing I cited would be hurtful to that person and an entire subset of people, I found it funny."

There's comedy, and then there's being a callous, malicious piece of trash. You definitely fit the latter for me and...yeah.

Seriously, it was messed up, and the fact you've had ample opportunity to apologise, or double back on it, and yet you outright pretty much admitted you made it intentionally and are proud of it?

You're the person we should trust the opinion of when it comes to how government should be run? Really?

If you don't like KC, fair enough, but using that as 'effective ammunition' that...is f u c k i n g messed up, and I don't give a crap if I get banned from these forums for 'subverting the censoring', this place is getting shut down in a few weeks anyway.

I'm going to miss people like @KCDodger , and @Darth Meanie and a few others from here. Yes, I don't always see eye to eye with them, they can come off as very opinionated. However, they've not given me any indication that they are terrible awful people like you have today. Not that you care.

Edited by Ebak