Hyperspace Migration [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Oh no. It appears that the ship's watchman was the super-buff @PodRacer . While bench-pressing 150 kg, someone pushed the weight against his throat and he suffocated. @PodRacer also had a pair of binoculars nearby; he was a Town Macho Watcher.

I'll admit any pod NK can shade me a little.. but I was reading town off his vote.

##vote Jabba to start the day off

- as matt pointed out, he was online before hammer

- he did not vote on the CV train

Intent to also look into forty / mad also through the day, lower sus on nips

Im assuming someone investigated me and I wont have to explain that I’m town because either someone else will, or will be watching to see who pushes. Either way.

Will look over D1 to see what there is to see

1 hour ago, EbonHawk said:

- as matt pointed out, he was online before hammer

- he did not vote on the CV train

Fair enough on the second, but I'm vaguely insulted if you think that's how I'd play scum.

I was ready to hammer, but didn't vote or breathe down @Matt3412 's neck because I wanted to confirm him as town.

Had I been scum, I would have stolen Matt's credit by hammering (because Matt made it really clear CV was going to die), or just logged off.

@Madaghmire I wouldn't rely to hard on being investigated when we have a dead investigative role now.

Suspect-wise, it's a little interesting that @FortyInRed explains his D1 vote on Matt (almost certainly town) as a conversation starter. Firstly because nobody would assume a real reason anyway, and secondly because that's how he passed off his D1 vote last game when he flipped scum (and since he died so early then, he would have trying to hide, yes.)

I mean watcher wasnt gonna help me anyway

29 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

I mean watcher wasnt gonna help me anyway

Then why did you make that statement? Watcher was the only investigational role we have. . . it seemed as if you were role-fishing but missed that it was an open setup.

12 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Then why did you make that statement? Watcher was the only investigational role we have. . . it seemed as if you were role-fishing but missed that it was an open setup.

i saw this as well and found it odd

I think i've made how i feel about mad clear at this point

I disagree with ebon's vote on Jabba at the moment while it was suspicious and i wanted to let everyone know i think we would need more.

I'm giving forty's vote the benefit of the doubt with day 1 for now even tho i'm still not happy with it at all

with all that

##vote @Madaghmire

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I did miss that it was an open setup. Which may be lynchworthy on its own. But watch how people react to this, there will be information available.

15 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Im assuming someone investigated me and I wont have to explain that I’m town because either someone else will, or will be watching to see who pushes. Either way.

Odd assumption

4 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

agreed, is a suspect post

##unvote

##vote @Madaghmire

intent to look into him anyway, but feel he may have slipped just now

A little pressure seems in order.

##vote @Madaghmire

This behavior screams fishing, especially if he didn’t notice the setup.

##vote Jabba

I think there are enough votes left to lynch Mad if you want. I don’t think it’s worthy. I’d rather look somewhere else. There is time enough.

Is it odd that if mad does flip town i'm getting the feeling that i'm pretty sure the scum is one of the other 2 people on this train with me...

40 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

Is it odd that if mad does flip town i'm getting the feeling that i'm pretty sure the scum is one of the other 2 people on this train with me...

What is odd is that you wrote this.

5 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

What is odd is that you wrote this.

You of all people can trust me the most hahaha 😉

Hey all I work in a healthcare-adjacent field so work has been very, very busy for me (was working till 10pm last night).

Not ready to hammer anyone yet.

@Madaghmire care to profess your innocence?

17 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Suspect-wise, it's a little interesting that @FortyInRed explains his D1 vote on Matt (almost certainly town) as a conversation starter. Firstly because nobody would assume a real reason anyway, and secondly because that's how he passed off his D1 vote last game when he flipped scum (and since he died so early then, he would have trying to hide, yes.)

Also I'm going to address this directly instead of acting like I just want it to disappear. I don't see the wisdom in playing differently, within reason when playing town or scum. Given that we've established I don't have real friends to play this with in person, not that I'd be allowed to anyway (#thanksCovid), y'all are my primary mafia crew. I'm starting to come around to the fact that players' tendencies reveal themselves in time, which is why I always try to play the same.

6 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Also I'm going to address this directly instead of acting like I just want it to disappear. I don't see the wisdom in playing differently, within reason when playing town or scum. Given that we've established I don't have real friends to play this with in person, not that I'd be allowed to anyway (#thanksCovid), y'all are my primary mafia crew. I'm starting to come around to the fact that players' tendencies reveal themselves in time, which is why I always try to play the same.

Sure. And poker players don’t necessarily want to play differently based on their hand, but tells are natural tendencies and should be looked for.

I’m not convinced it’s a scumtell per se , but it’s good to recognize patterns and note them, especially when that initial push was on the most town-looking player right now.

@FortyInRed

I’m innocent.

@ebon hawk

It’s not odd for me believe I’m going to get investigated N1. Last game, I was investigated N1 not by one, but by two different cops. I am often investigated early. I just didn’t read through the roles. I just sort of assumed there was some kind of cop or tracker.

Its a careless mistake. Vote me if you feel you need to. Just watch the argument around the vote. And to that end, I would suggest holding the hammer off, if we’re there, until closer to time so theres more to observe.

##unvote for now

@Madaghmire I'm a little surprised you would consider being investigated likely given Pod's role, though. Sure, it's possible in a closed setup... just not something to rely on.

40 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

##unvote for now

@Madaghmire I'm a little surprised you would consider being investigated likely given Pod's role, though. Sure, it's possible in a closed setup... just not something to rely on.

I mean Pods role was a ninja, thats also great for trackers.

*Constantine's role. But sure.

Much as I hate to discourage talking, why was it a good thing to declare openly, if not for fishing? I would be worried about encouraging an investigator to reveal themselves on my behalf.

18 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

##vote Jabba

I think there are enough votes left to lynch Mad if you want. I don’t think it’s worthy. I’d rather look somewhere else. There is time enough.

Why Jabba?

I am inclined to vote for Mad because of his slip. I will not vote yet, there is plenty of time.