Hyperspace Migration [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

In.

#in but can't guarantee much in the way of post count again, modding elsewhere, got a setup to plan myself.

In

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

#in but can't guarantee much in the way of post count again, modding elsewhere, got a setup to plan myself.

Can’t guarantee we won’t kill you for it, so all’s fair. 🙂

In.

##IN

If long, long, REALLY LONG time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

You are on a starship of explorers studying Purrgils. For a long time people have thought of them only as life-threatening space pests, but the captain of this ship had the idea to study their biology and habits, and see if something could be learned. Perhaps, one day, starships could jump into hyperspace like they can.

Unfortunately, the captain has been found dead this morning. Someone wants to interrupt this exploration! Find them.

##In

Gotta sit this one out. Sorry.

Thanks for thinking of me! Can I let you know tomorrow please?

30 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Absolutely.

#in I guess

12 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Just join so I can kill you at least

Also #in, may forget to post regularly as sometimes jsut don't check in here fyi

16 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Gotta sit this one out. Sorry.

With covid19 these mafia games are gonna be my major social activity for a while XD

I guess you're still ok in US

4 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

😷 😫 😱

Signups close in 24 hours.

6 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

With covid19 these mafia games are gonna be my major social activity for a while XD

Well no ones taking it to seriously so ok is more of a mindset than an actuality at this point you know...america

Edited by Matt3412

It's absolutely horrible in Pennsylvania. People who want to get tested for COVID-19 and have symptoms are getting denied. So of course it keeps spreading.

Edit: I'm sure this is a problem in other states too, I'm just griping about my own. I'll stop once the game begins.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
4 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

It's absolutely horrible in Pennsylvania. People who want to get tested for COVID-19 and have symptoms are getting denied. So of course it keeps spreading.

Edit: I'm sure this is a problem in other states too, I'm just griping about my own. I'll stop once the game begins.

Lot of crowded stores here in Washington, and schools and other events are shut down. Due to a shortage of testing equipment, anyone with a fever/cough is being told to assume the worst and stay home. People are going about their business and it doesn’t feel like a true disaster yet, but I’m sure things will get worse before they get better.

19 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

5 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Lot of crowded stores here in Washington, and schools and other events are shut down. Due to a shortage of testing equipment, anyone with a fever/cough is being told to assume the worst and stay home. People are going about their business and it doesn’t feel like a true disaster yet, but I’m sure things will get worse before they get better.

@ovinomanc3r yeah, you're telling me. With public gatherings banned, major sports leagues canceling seasons and the general anxiety around, you're right. This will be my only social interaction aside from chat/video calls at work.

@Bertie Wooster Wooster sure count me in

@The Jabbawookie I was actually supposed to travel to Central WA on Sunday for work. On Monday of the week before last my doctor advised me strongly not to go, offering to write me a letter to suit. On Tuesday my boss called to suggest I consider canceling my trip. On Wednesday the customer announced they are banning all travel from Seattle, which is where I would fly into...

Oh and I've had a persistent sinus infection going on 2 months now so apparently I'm considered "high risk"...

Edit: and in case you're curious what things are like in my neck of the woods (NC, USA) things are ok on the outside but there is a lot of latent anxiety. Stores still had lots of food last week but no cleaning supplies. I haven't been since and likely won't go out much this weekend. Spring break for some of the public schools was last week and is being extended another week. Daycare are closing. Lots of people working from home. My company expanded their sick and work from home policies (the message was "stay safe and we'll worry about the details".) I'm very glad that I have a job where this is possible. Frankly, I'm concerned about just how bad it could get here. What I'm reading from Italy scares me, and what I'm hearing from friends who work in the industry makes me thing the US really isn't prepared at all.

Edited by FortyInRed

A few more minutes until signups close. Right now the players are:
The Jabbawookie

Podracer

Madaghmire

GNIP

Matt

Ovinomanc3r

CV

EbonHawk

FortyInRed

Roles for a nine player game:

You are a Mafia 2-shot Ninja. Your partner is X. Twice per game (during the night phase), you may choose to #ninjakill one player as an alternative to the normal nightkill. This night action cannot be seen by the Watcher. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

You are a Mafia Goon. Your partner is X. You or your partner may kill one player each night phase with the #kill function. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

You are a Town Macho Watcher . Each night, you may #watch one player in the game and you will discover which player targeted them (if any). Because you’re so macho, you refuse any help from the doctor and thus cannot be healed. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

You are a Town Weak Doctor . Each night phase, you may attempt to #protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. Because you’re weak, you will die if you attempt to protect mafia. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive. You may only self-protect once.

You are a Town 1-shot Fruit Vendor . Once per game (during the night phase), you may #fruitify one player. That player will receive a piece of fruit. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.You are a Vanilla Town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

You are a Vanilla Town . You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

4 Vanilla Towns, everything else is 1.

Signups are closed! No more talking about COVID-19!

No stock for the fruit vendor

Sorry I just came from the supermarket. People have gone crazy.