Hyperspace Migration [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

34 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Disagree, Ovi has built that on the assumption I would kill matt. Not only is that flawed, but country to what I would do if scum

The assumption is pretty solid given the risk of letting a possible doc visit you if you're scum.

However I'm not saying that is 100% you. Is either you or Forty. I would vote for Forty if the guy who visited him would have died, sadly that guy was killed foolishly by our dear doctor before the night so we couldn't follow that track today.

But even if you're town you should be happy. Forty cannot get away from this.

1 minute ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I would vote for Forty if the guy who visited him would have died, sadly that guy was killed foolishly by our dear doctor before the night so we couldn't follow that track today.

It was pretty clearly him or me, he might have been scum and I didn't want to derail your plan altogether by claiming early. It was useful.

But the situation wasn't ideal, I'll admit.

What it boils down to is really simple.

Now we're in a good place though. Neither of them liking it too much makes me even happier about where we stand.

43 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I did.

You get that I'm the weak doc, based on the Mod's setup info, right?

And I visited GNIPs. Had he been scum, I would have died because of the role.

That was the point of Ovi's mass fakeclaim: if the weak doc protected scum by mistake, we could trace who they died to.

Assuming you aren't lying of course, your logic is sound, I agree.

1 minute ago, FortyInRed said:

Assuming you aren't lying of course, your logic is sound, I agree.

It's not an assumption; I cannot be lying. Trust doesn't factor into it, just logic.

Are you the doc? Claim truthfully right now and you win.

Is GNIPs the doc? If he claims truthfully, he wins, etc.

The fact that none of you are able to do that objectively proves me to be the doc given our setup.

Thinking in terms of trust is now relevant for the other player(s) in your lineup. Ebon, and Ovi if you have a compelling reason why he belongs there.

That is now the only area of doubt in this game.

In fact, I'm going to ##unvote @EbonHawk and ##vote @FortyInRed instead.

It's possible he's a little slow to see the situation here (the open setup threw a lot of people off and life is busy right now, I get that) but it's been laid out thoroughly and this is starting to sound more like an attempt to wriggle out of a pretty firm bind.

Sigh. This is what I get for asking for transparency.

Back to lurking....

6 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Sigh. This is what I get for asking for transparency.

Back to lurking....

If this game were any more transparent it would be over already. 2 of 5 players are cleared through open information and that’s beautiful. What I don’t understand is your reluctance about the situation, because if you’re town we’re still highly likely to get it right. The only objections people should really hold are A. They think Ovi is scum, or B. They are scum.

Kudos to you for seeking clarification. I’ve given it, and I encourage you to keep following the logic. You can see why you’re L-1 right now, yes? Lurking isn’t likely to change that.

Showing us why we aren’t a vote away from winning right now is a better plan.

43 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

If this game were any more transparent it would be over already. 2 of 5 players are cleared through open information and that’s beautiful. What I don’t understand is your reluctance about the situation, because if you’re town we’re still highly likely to get it right. The only objections people should really hold are A. They think Ovi is scum, or B. They are scum.

Kudos to you for seeking clarification. I’ve given it, and I encourage you to keep following the logic. You can see why you’re L-1 right now, yes? Lurking isn’t likely to change that.

Showing us why we aren’t a vote away from winning right now is a better plan.

My reluctance comes from the fact that any time I say anything, things seem to get worse for me.

The only reason I'm reacting to you the way I am is that I don't appreciate being lynched when I've done nothing wrong and am just a good guess. You lynch me here, scum gets one more tonight and then it's what, 3 left total? Yikes.

You're right though, I should put aside any feelings of being attacked and should instead take solice in the fact that you and GNIP are cleared. No one has counter claimed and I think everyone has had a chance to chime in.

So yeah that just leaves 3. Me, Ovi and Ebon. I know it's not me, and Ovi reads town rn so I guess ##vote Ebon.

I don't love it but it's process of elimination.

3 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

My reluctance comes from the fact that any time I say anything, things seem to get worse for me.

The only reason I'm reacting to you the way I am is that I don't appreciate being lynched when I've done nothing wrong and am just a good guess. You lynch me here, scum gets one more tonight and then it's what, 3 left total? Yikes.

You're right though, I should put aside any feelings of being attacked and should instead take solice in the fact that you and GNIP are cleared. No one has counter claimed and I think everyone has had a chance to chime in.

So yeah that just leaves 3. Me, Ovi and Ebon. I know it's not me, and Ovi reads town rn so I guess ##vote Ebon.

I don't love it but it's process of elimination.

Exactly, we have enough time to flip two of three uncleared players. And I would like to point out that, had scum been dumb enough to counterclaim, I would have laughed all the way to the grave I’d drag us both into. Because dead players can still win, and dying is an important contribution sometimes.

This game was invented in... (*checks*) Yep. Russia.

5 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

The assumption is pretty solid given the risk of letting a possible doc visit you if you're scum.

Ditto to literally anyone, same for forty. as said the assumption is nothing but a jump into thin air, and a wrong one

5 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

But even if you're town you should be happy. Forty cannot get away from this.

So certain... well if scum have anything hidden up their sleeves it's on your and Jab

18 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Ditto to literally anyone, same for forty. as said the assumption is nothing but a jump into thin air, and a wrong one

Difference is Ovi set the fakeclaim up. If he were scum, that's the equivalent of asking to play Russian Roulette.

Also, Matt was fake-following you. Not literally anyone.

21 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

So certain... well if scum have anything hidden up their sleeves it's on your and Jab

Cool. I'm not going to drag out the suffering of you or Forty any longer. If you flip town, we'll correct it tomorrow with him.

##unvote

##vote Ebonhawk

@Bertie Wooster I believe that should be hammer?

That's hammer. Stop posting.

You all gang up on EbonHawk, who also seemed unaware of the crew roles on this ship.

EbonHawk was a Vanilla Town.

Night begins.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice try, buddy. This is for Mads.

##vote @FortyInRed

@GhostofNobodyInParticular @ovinomanc3r You guys around to close this out? I want to read all the flattering things Ebon's saying in obs after I wrongfully hammered him.

Nice! Glad you made it. I'm assuming you self protected?

I had a radical thought during the "night". Could you get a two-fer by protecting whoever you think is scum#1 and lynching scum#2?

Because you're doctor, if we lynch the wrong person today, we could still know who is scum if you die tomorrow.

We should still have the numbers to win if you do that.

Or am I not understanding how this works?

16 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Nice try, buddy. This is for Mads.

##vote @FortyInRed

Just saw this. Ugh. Here we go again. It's not me!

12 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Nice! Glad you made it. I'm assuming you self protected?

I had a radical thought during the "night". Could you get a two-fer by protecting whoever you think is scum#1 and lynching scum#2?

Because you're doctor, if we lynch the wrong person today, we could still know who is scum if you die tomorrow.

We should still have the numbers to win if you do that.

Or am I not understanding how this works?

poker-face-meme-origen-4chan.jpg
Lol

##vote forty

Well, if it's Ovi, good on ya!

##vote @FortyInRed

31 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Well, if it's Ovi, good on ya!

##vote @FortyInRed

I wish I was, it would be EPIC! But no, I'm a humble vanilla ice cream.

After @GhostofNobodyInParticular whacks @FortyInRed in the head with a shovel, a computer device falls out of his pocket. He was a slicer working for whaleDyne Corporation, intending to steal the Purrgil-tracking data your crew has worked so hard to get.

@FortyInRed was a Mafia Goon.

Town wins! Thanks for playing, everybody!
Observation doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S82m5nBQJipRG8oRpFypWyEL1HFBMZgor2OziN9SW_M/edit?usp=sharing
Scum (I just noticed I referred to Forty as Matt): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRVQ45x2STp0OB-JS4zwadtOJZlrxKLNcACceyWx10E/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Bertie Wooster