Jabba's Palace Club Band Tryouts [Mafia]

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

23 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

##vote Bertie

That's a noticeable town-slip

you're voting him for a town slip?

19 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Maybe he's a jester? It seems unlikely for ovi to give himself away so easily if he's scum or third party.

yep odd vote

13 hours ago, PodRacer said:

##vote @EbonHawk

Ovi as jester maybe?

Start helping town, you;ve come in proposed voting only us due to us missing end of day because of vassal, a complete BS logic argument.

You've ignored all analysis (not the only one), and overall blind voting. C'mon I at least expect you to be helping me solve this if you're town, otherwise a lose end

27 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Pod seems a little off but suggested we vote him or Ebon, which reads towny to me. Ebon didn't vote yesterday or today, which doesn't bode well. I'm leaning Ebon but a little suspicious of Pod.

##vote @EbonHawk

BLIND. Start working, stop following. I'd have voted if we had more, C'mon I've done nearly a page myslef now. SHAME SHAME SHAME TOWN

Top 3: Pod / CV / Bertie ... Lower reads on Gnips / and ovi as some 3rd party.

Mad / matt / jabba read towny

Now if you guys can manage Page 7 I'll come back and offer my thoughts on what;s been said, otherwise you're on your own. Not going to do 1v1 with Troll Pod better things to do.

Saw 10+ posts and was like “I bet that’s multiple people!” Silly me...

17 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

no offense but D1 was tumbleweeds from you guys, I mean Day 3 is it and we're on Page 4 ???????

Hard to do anything or analyse anything if no one talks outside of roleconfirming (page 1/2) and odd votes. See analysis above while I try and solve this game instead of point fingers blindly

just want to point out its day 2 , maybe scum chat has been a lot more talkative and you guys have already moved on to your day 3 plan...

17 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Ditto this but family and vassal was my problem

Disagree, wouldn't say it's indicative of either of us.. after all it wasn't the most active of day periods anyway. If you're town I propose we look at the nips/pod wagons, we may have been the non voters but there was MORE than enough people to get a kill.

why didn't you guys? Why was there no switch from nips to pod or pod to nips? Why didn't CV/Forty move their votes around? Why did both wagons stall...

Answer: Scum was already voting on one or both wagons, or one of the wagons is scum and they didn't want to switch?

I literally switched from the second-largest train to the largest.

Maybe the other players were also doing important stuff like vassal and forgot. (But seriously, @Madaghmire you were pretty close to the deadline; why didn’t you also jump to GNIPs?)

8 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Start helping town, you;ve come in proposed voting only us due to us missing end of day because of vassal, a complete BS logic argument.

You've ignored all analysis (not the only one), and overall blind voting. C'mon I at least expect you to be helping me solve this if you're town, otherwise a lose end

BLIND. Start working, stop following. I'd have voted if we had more, C'mon I've done nearly a page myslef now. SHAME SHAME SHAME TOWN

Be the change you want to see, sure. But you’ve just hit us with a huge dose of participation after almost nothing and I’m getting whiplash here.

4 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Now if you guys can manage Page 7 I'll come back and offer my thoughts on what;s been said, otherwise you're on your own. Not going to do 1v1 with Troll Pod better things to do.

Again, you were part of the problem D1, not the solution. Come off your high horse and give people a chance to respond in the next hour.

5 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Again, you were part of the problem D1, not the solution.

Also, if I continue to find you part of the problem I will vote you out of raw annoyance with your indignation.

10 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Quite the opposite I find it the easiest scum role to play as you have little overlap with scum and can just scumhunt as normal

Except that you have to NOT vote scum without knowing who they are, so the more convinced you are that somebody is scum, the harder you have to try finding somebody else to vote. Like last game: I was pretty sure Biggs was scum from about D2. But that means that for every day after that I had to misdirect town toward voting other people while still seeming town. It is not easy, covering for scum whilst seeming town.

9 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

no if killed they're recruited

Clearly not, given what happened.

8 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

no offense but D1 was tumbleweeds from you guys, I mean Day 3 is it and we're on Page 4???????

Day 2.

3 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

C'mon I've done nearly a page myslef now. SHAME SHAME SHAME TOWN

Quality versus quantity. . .

I should share something and cast a definitive vote for today as the end of the day will come while I’m asleep.

I’ve been thinking a lot to figure out what’s going on and I got more confused even. I read some things though and got a different picture so I’m gonna...

##unvote Bertie

Not 100% sure about his innocence but watching form a different point of view maybe I misread him before. I get some good vibes from Pod too. For reasons I’m gonna leave Ghost for today. Amongst the others I am not convinced about anyone. Get rid of Mad always looks like a good idea to me (tough reads are easier when flipped, lol) but given I’m hardly able to move my vote I’m gonna go with what looks like a plausible lynch right now to avoid another no-lynch.

##vote Ebon

i can get behind a vote on ebon. regardless of whether i've been super busy or not i always make sure to at least vote on D1. So i just don't see how this could not be purposeful.

Along with the d3 vrs d2 slip and his mass post when he was just being hinted at looks bad. Also town cant keep getting lucky with no votes.

##vote @Ebon

ok Ebon stirred quite a hornet’s nest now. But is Ebon train a solution now in D2?

3 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

ok Ebon stirred quite a hornet’s nest now. But is Ebon train a solution now in D2?

I am not convinced that he is the best choice. He does however seem the only likely choice at the moment.

I am willing to vote him, both for not voting D1 and for his content not being particularly useful D2. I will however hold off for a little while more just in case.

Just now, Constantine Valdor said:

We can know he wasn't D1 scummarining because his alibi can be verified by Pod, and he's right that we need more action.

But the D2 slip and lack of aggressive scumhunting is interesting, and it's not a exactly high bar for lynching we have right now. And his failure to vote D1 was at the very least incompetence. I can see him as a reasonable train.

@ovinomanc3r how are you getting good vibes from Pod when Pod hasn't said anything of content except something that defends you? And now you back off from Bertie too? I'm sorry, but that's shady.

Also, this phrasing:

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I’m gonna go with what looks like a plausible lynch right now to avoid another no-lynch.

##vote ovinomanc3r

6 hours 24 minutes remain in Day 2.

I'll get on the Ebon train if needed, but where are like half the players?

We have less than a full train of votes cast total and plenty of room for discussion. Let's make some lists.

My suspect list:

1. Ovi, actually. His last post was weird to me (It's possible his use of "plausible" was a linguistic misstep, but this is exactly the sort of thing to look out for.)

2. Pod. This is as a consequence of Ovi townreading him with almost nothing to go on. Whether or not Ovi is scum wouldn't necessarily incriminate Pod, but so far killing him has very low opportunity cost, even lower than Ebon.

3. Ebon. The train is there. We have 6 hours. He posts nothing, then a lot of complaints about us not posting more, now more nothing. Not impressed so far.

3 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

We have less than a full train of votes cast total and plenty of room for discussion. Let's make some lists.

My suspect list:

1. Ovi, actually. His last post was weird to me (It's possible his use of "plausible" was a linguistic misstep, but this is exactly the sort of thing to look out for.)

2. Pod. This is as a consequence of Ovi townreading him with almost nothing to go on. Whether or not Ovi is scum wouldn't necessarily incriminate Pod, but so far killing him has very low opportunity cost, even lower than Ebon.

3. Ebon. The train is there. We have 6 hours. He posts nothing, then a lot of complaints about us not posting more, now more nothing. Not impressed so far.

My reading of ovi is that he voted Ebon because he was unlikely to be around to change his vote and wanted it to count, which it only could as part of the primary train at the time of voting.

I agree with your rankings of Ebon and Pod, and agree with your reasons for Ebon. I suspect Pod mostly because he is playing a quieter playstyle than usual, and from what I can recall, he usually only does that when Scum.

I also can see why ovi voted Bertie earlier (not that I would have gone so far as to vote him were I he), but do not suspect Bertie enough to vote him at this time. I think it was honest skepticism.

I will be AFK when night falls, so if nothing has happened before then, I shall hammer @EbonHawk before I leave (approximately 3 hours from now).

Has anyone seen @Madaghmire ?

Just now, Constantine Valdor said:

Has anyone seen @Madaghmire ?

According to his account, not for the last 7 hours. Pretty sure he's east coast, he should at least be awake right now.

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

My suspect list:

Thoughts on Ovi--I interpreted it as "here's my final post for the day, gonna vote Ebon because he has the most votes on him already." I don't like that reasoning, as he didn't give a good reason for actually suspecting Ebon. He's not my number one suspect but I'm not understanding his reasoning for everything today. "Good vibes about Pod" is also difficult to understand.

Ebon--my opinion of him still hasn't lifted since he stormed off. He's done this kind of thing as scum or town, and it's hard to know the difference, but it's not helpful for town. It reminds me of Biggs in the previous game not answering people's questions. We shouldn't have let that go on for as long as it did.

Pod--He's said very little this game. Eats, votes, and leaves.

Sorry, that wasn't a clear list, just a brain dump. My suspects in order:

1. Ebon

2. Pod

3. Ovi

On 3/4/2020 at 8:21 AM, Constantine Valdor said:

Well, that’s a bummer, basically a worse Town Vanilla, because they can get killed by their own “team”.

CV’s take on the traitor. Interesting, we caught Ebon on something similar last Christmas.

@Constantine Valdor care to elaborate your thoughts on this?

There’s really a lot of interesting stuff in this day, but people need to be online to look and react.

41 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

CV’s take on the traitor. Interesting, we caught Ebon on something similar last Christmas.

@Constantine Valdor care to elaborate your thoughts on this?

There’s really a lot of interesting stuff in this day, but people need to be online to look and react.

I don't really see anything in that statement. It's in my opinion an accurate sentiment about the role. I always pity the person who is dealt it.