Jabba's Palace Club Band Tryouts [Mafia]

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

5 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

I don’t know atm, D1 too few indications for a D2 push, what is a scum Traitor role though?

A traitor is a person who counts as scum but doesn't have access to night chat, knowledge of the identities of scum, or any night actions. Often, scum doesn't know who the traitor is, either, and sometimes they don't even know that there is a traitor.

A traitor is 'recruited', i.e. made a proper scum member, in two ways: by being targeted as a night kill, or by being lynched, at which point the lynch 'fails'. Clearly the former is not the method in this game. . . I guess another option is that mafia could have a 'recruit' action which only succeeds on traitors, but that seems unlikely. Alternatively, there could be no recruitment option, like in the last game we played (Too Many Bothans).

It is a very difficult role to play successfully, I find, 'cause the player has to signal his role to scum (in order to be recruited) but can only do so during the day.

23 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

A traitor is a person who counts as scum but doesn't have access to night chat, knowledge of the identities of scum, or any night actions. Often, scum doesn't know who the traitor is, either, and sometimes they don't even know that there is a traitor.

A traitor is 'recruited', i.e. made a proper scum member, in two ways: by being targeted as a night kill, or by being lynched, at which point the lynch 'fails'. Clearly the former is not the method in this game. . . I guess another option is that mafia could have a 'recruit' action which only succeeds on traitors, but that seems unlikely. Alternatively, there could be no recruitment option, like in the last game we played (Too Many Bothans).

It is a very difficult role to play successfully, I find, 'cause the player has to signal his role to scum (in order to be recruited) but can only do so during the day.

Well, that’s a bummer, basically a worse Town Vanilla, because they can get killed by their own “team”.

10 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

So town has a kill? or traitor recruited by lynch?

either way he's dead so win / win.

Suspect on nips / Con

no offense but you are the only person who never even voted D1. This doesn't make you look to great.

3 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

Well, that’s a bummer, basically a worse Town Vanilla, because they can get killed by their own “team”.

if there is one there could be more tho so we should definitely consider that.

4 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

*the Plot thickens*

23 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

What makes you think so? 🤔 I would think two scum and one traitor would be normal for a 10-person game.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

What makes you think so? 🤔 I would think two scum and one traitor would be normal for a 10-person game.

seems like we have been playing some unique scenarios lately.

AND just assuming that this is a game with normal rules could be very dangerous to towns ability to think through this.

unless maybe you don't want town to adequately problem solve for some reason.

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

##vote Bertie

That's a noticeable town-slip

57 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

seems like we have been playing some unique scenarios lately.

AND just assuming that this is a game with normal rules could be very dangerous to towns ability to think through this.

unless maybe you don't want town to adequately problem solve for some reason.

I just wanted to know your reasoning--more than one traitor seems potentially unbalanced.

However, if Forty was killed by town or third party and scum has no night kill, it seems plausible.

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

##vote Bertie

I’m not sure I agree. My immediate reaction was also that it would be weird.

And that’s not a plausible scumslip unless scum were to know who the traitors were, which seems unlikely at the moment.

The reason it would be weird: assuming a common 2-person scum team, multiple traitors would give scum half the vote with a good D1/N1. Granted there wouldn’t be perfect coordination, but that’s still terrifying. Lynches would go nowhere and the game would be over.

Still, it’s always good to consider everything, so we can weight theories with reasoning.

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

##vote Bertie

Town-slip or scum-slip?

56 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Town-slip or scum-slip?

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

And that’s not a plausible scumslip unless scum were to know who the traitors were, which seems unlikely at the moment.

The reason it would be weird: assuming a common 2-person scum team, multiple traitors would give scum half the vote with a good D1/N1. Granted there wouldn’t be perfect coordination, but that’s still terrifying. Lynches would go nowhere and the game would be over.

Still, it’s always good to consider everything, so we can weight theories with reasoning.

I meant town-slip and still do.

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Either they don’t know there’re Traitors in Town or maybe they kill to sow confusion, which we are currently in ._.

fml mafia do be complicated

I’m lovin it 😂

30 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I meant town-slip and still do.

if town-slip why the vote though.

57 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

if town-slip why the vote though.

Maybe he's a jester? It seems unlikely for ovi to give himself away so easily if he's scum or third party.

I'm going into airplane mode right now but I'll be back before day end for sure.

##vote @EbonHawk

Ovi as jester maybe?

I read ovi as saying Matt’s concern was a townslip, and as such bertie questioning it was vote worthy. But I agree with Jabba, I’m not sure there was more to that then a meta-question about balance.

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

I read ovi as saying Matt’s concern was a townslip, and as such bertie questioning it was vote worthy. But I agree with Jabba, I’m not sure there was more to that then a meta-question about balance.

Thank you, I thought there might be some misunderstanding somewhere. If he was referring to Matt's post it all makes sense now.

Anyway, after looking over the two days I think I'll leave GNIP alone and go with one of the less active players (Pod, Ebon, CV). CV's posts seem legit. Pod seems a little off but suggested we vote him or Ebon, which reads towny to me. Ebon didn't vote yesterday or today, which doesn't bode well. I'm leaning Ebon but a little suspicious of Pod.

##vote @EbonHawk

On 3/4/2020 at 11:31 AM, PodRacer said:

Apologies for my lack of participation day one, two long days at work rendered me useless here.

Will re read day one in context of forties flip and put together some reads as soon as possible

Ditto this but family and vassal was my problem

On 3/4/2020 at 12:41 PM, PodRacer said:

Given we were playing vassal at deadline and forgot about this looks like today should be a 1vs 1 between the two of us?

Disagree, wouldn't say it's indicative of either of us.. after all it wasn't the most active of day periods anyway. If you're town I propose we look at the nips/pod wagons, we may have been the non voters but there was MORE than enough people to get a kill.

why didn't you guys? Why was there no switch from nips to pod or pod to nips? Why didn't CV/Forty move their votes around? Why did both wagons stall...

Answer: Scum was already voting on one or both wagons, or one of the wagons is scum and they didn't want to switch?

On 3/4/2020 at 3:55 PM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

It is a very difficult role to play successfully, I find

Quite the opposite I find it the easiest scum role to play as you have little overlap with scum and can just scumhunt as normal

On 3/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, Constantine Valdor said:

no if killed they're recruited

On 3/4/2020 at 4:22 PM, Matt3412 said:

no offense but you are the only person who never even voted D1. This doesn't make you look to great.

no offense but D1 was tumbleweeds from you guys, I mean Day 3 is it and we're on Page 4???????

Hard to do anything or analyse anything if no one talks outside of roleconfirming (page 1/2) and odd votes. See analysis above while I try and solve this game instead of point fingers blindly

On 3/4/2020 at 4:51 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

agree, 2 traitors is unlikely