Jabba's Palace Club Band Tryouts [Mafia]

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Yeah

😎

Haha lol, @PodRacer was also role cop. I suspected scum might have some power role, maybe mirroring town but it may be not as, they actually had the numbers.

Wow! How did that happen? Congrats ovi!

Thank you @BiggsIRL

Yes thanks @BiggsIRL , certainly kept me guessing!

Thanks @BiggsIRL !

Fantastic job Biggs, love the setup!

Indeed, thanks Biggs!

Traitor - Madaghmire, Matt3412, FortyinRed, Constantine Valdor, EbonHawk

You are a Traitor! You are a huge Modal Nodes fan, and your goal is to ensure that Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes become Jabba’s House Club Band! You win only when Scum wins.

Mafia Flavor Cop - Podracer

You are the Scum Flavor Cop. You are Figrin D’an, leader of the Modal Nodes. Along with your bandmate XXXXXX your goal is to have your band be the only band in contention for Jabba’s Palace House Club Band! You need to eliminate the competition as quickly as possible, and you can figure out who is who! Once per night, you can ##investigate a player to figure out who they are, and you will be given their flavor name. This may tell you something about their abilities. If your buddy dies, you gain his night kill and lose your investigate.

You win when all threats to Scum are eliminated and you control the vote

Mafioso - Bertie Wooster

You are the Mafioso. You are Lirin Car'n, a member of the Modal Nodes. Along with your bandmate XXXXXX your goal is to have your band be the only one in contention for Jabba’s Palace House Club Band! You need to eliminate your competition as quickly as possible, and you can do that by killing off your competition. Once per night you can ##kill a player to eliminate them from the game.

You win when all threats to Scum are eliminated and you control the vote.

Vigilante - GhostofNobodyInParticular

You are a Mason Town Vigilante! Unfortunately this is Jabba’s Palace and everyone is scum. Well, not everyone. You are Max Rebo and you want to become the Jabba’s Palace Club Band the fair way. Well, maybe not too fair, because you’re willing to kill people to do it. You and your bandmate XXXXXXX win when you eliminate all other bands.

You win when all Scum are eliminated and town controls the vote.

Flavor Cop - Ovinomanc3r

You are a Mason Town Flavor Cop! Unfortunately this is Jabba’s Palace and everyone is scum. Well not everyone, because you’ve got a buddy XXXXXX.. You are Droopy McCool and you want to become the Jabba’s Palace Club Band the fair way. Well, maybe not too fair, because you’re willing to kill people to do it… well, Your buddy is, but you can scout to figure out who is an enemy band member so he knows who to kill. Once per night you can ##investigate a player and you will be given their flavor name. This may tell you something about their abilities. If your buddy dies, you gain his night kill and lose your investigate.

You win when all Scum are eliminated and town controls the vote.

Bookie Survivor - The Jabbawookie

You are the Bookie Survivor! You are Lando Calrissian in disguise. You got here a bit early to save Han, and all these people are crazy, but you can certainly make some money off the insanity. Starting at Night 0 you can ##guess a player’s name. If they are lynched the next day, you get the cash to buy a 1 shot bulletproof vest.

You win when either Scum or Town have won and you are still alive.

(##guess a player now, before the day officially starts please.)

@The Jabbawookie

So ovi knew GNIP was his town buddy but voted him D1? Ha ha.

Anyone up for another game?

49 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

So ovi knew GNIP was his town buddy but voted him D1? Ha ha.

:D Yep. We were chatting about it in the Mason chat too. I was astonished I lived through the day.

I am.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Me too.

Mason Chat?

4 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Mason Chat?

EdBiggs - Moderator

GNIPS - Vigilante

Ovi - Flavor Cop

Good Luck Town!

Hi, Ghost, it seems I’m mostly useless. I guess Biggs worked on flavor so I’m able to do something but given we both aren’t native English speakers I’m not sure we’re gonna catch any subtle references he could sow.

Be careful with what you ask for. I voted you honestly as I'd have done as town. Actually I'm town, lol!

I getcha. I would probably have done the same. The idea of role-fishing completely slipped my mind. In the back of my head it occured to me that if somebody claimed to be in our band we could lynch him, but other than that I just wanted flavor.

For me I think the issue (assuming I survive the day) will be the nature of the references, since I am somewhat lacking in knowledge of popular tropes/ideas. The use of language wouldn’t be a problem. . .

I’m alive! Wow, I did not expect that.

Night 1 - Post your actions here with ##.

You were lucky. Let's get the first info and think on our ability to decipher it later. @Biggs, do I get my result in time to choose the kill or the first shot must be in the dark?

Fire wildly into the dark.

##investigate Madaghmire

He is always a tough read so we could keep him alive as an always suspicious piece while we learn things about him. If he got cleared we can always just kill him.

Not a lot of time left. Either one of you can lock in the kill with ## but if you both do it I will go with GNIPS as the priority since he controls the kill.

NO KILL. To clarify, the Vig kill is not a 1 shot. You can do it every night.

Investigate Results: Madaghmire is a no-name Gamorrean guard.

So no kill, that's unfortunate but also interesting given we have got a kill. @biggs "no-name" is a name or a lack of result regarding names?

I might well screwed myself. I thought everyone is scum but us. Maybe some third party was thrown in. But Ebon was happy about the night kill, both Bertie and Matt talk about scum numbers like it was a regular game… not sure I should push the claim about me being scum further. Whoever shot last night wasn't town not want scum alive either. I thought this was gonna be us against a bunch of traitors and maybe some scum have got night chat but I'm not sure anymore.

Sorry I had a busy day yesterday, I completely forgot about this doc. . . I wouldn’t have known who to kill anyway though, so I don’t think I would have used my ability.

So let me make sure I understand: you said ‘town-slip’ because you thought that Matt’s statement implied Matt was town, and thus Bertie’s doubt made Bertie seem scummy?

I thought he made an honest mistake thinking as town as scum is the new town here and maybe we could get rid of him today but I'm not sure about it anymore. Maybe there are more town and we are just Mason but that makes no sense with my win con. I win when town control the vote. If there are more of us out there how we didn't win already. Also my pm told me they are all scum but us

I’m still puzzled and about to go all in. I mean, I realized that maybe scum don’t know they are the “town” if they are all some kind of traitors without scum chat, and that’s the reason all try to seem town and look for scum but that’s odd. If they are more what is they win-con to not realize the setup. We’re town with a scum win-con, they should be scum with a townie win-con, unless… we’ve got several teams here. But still, no one else should be town in order for us to have something to do. The win-con is town must control the vote, no town 1. Maybe a scum team, a 3rd party team and us all with the same win-con? Something in these lines makes sense. Everybody is happy about the traitor’s death so all thinks scum are still the bad guys. Townies and 3rd party should at least but scum may only think that if they think they’re the underdogs. This is funnily confusing.

I think, given that the win con is when we’ve eliminated all other bands, that most of the players are divided in Mason chats (or ‘bands’) of 2 or 3. Then there are the ‘traitors’ who can switch bands, (that is speculation), and the ‘natives’ of Jabba’s Palace, like the Gamorreans. Under this interpretation, most people are ‘town’ as far as they are concerned, but there are multiple towns. So we are one town, and for us everybody else is ‘scum’, but the same applies to others.

I will definitely kill somebody tonight (I am leaning toward Jabba) so that we can see how the reveals go for multiple people. I am of the opinion that we are alone (maybe we have a traitor) so every other player is fair game.

Another no lynch… I agree but my win-con is to kill scum AND town control the vote, that tells me there are no several towns, at least not actual towns. Jabba claimed 3rd party, it's likely we got more of them.

Night 2 has started.

##investigate Ebon

My win con does too. I meant that the win-cons of other players probably say the same thing, meaning that for us, the only town is you and I, but for other Mason chats, the only town is the participants in that chat.

So everybody but us is scum as far as we are concerned. Who should I kill? Jabba is self-claimed 3rd party, Mad seems to also be 3rd Party, and you are investigating Ebon. Should I target Pod? Maybe Bertie?

In case you don’t respond before night ends (roughly 2 hours) I will input the order

##kill BertieWooster

Biggs, if ovi has another suggestion for a target, can I change my kill order?

Ebon Hawk is a Twi'lek Dancing Girl, nameless.

Bertie has been killed.

What’re Traitors? And why do they keep dying?

Traitor. Role Description: The Traitor is aligned with and win with the mafia team, but is not joined up with them (i.e. does not know who they are and cannot communicate with them).

I meant what are Traitors thematically in this game. Are they roadies? Double-crossing band members? Random entities?

I think we have three teams here. Everything is quite precise mechanically to let this go with a gross win-con where just "town" wins but not every townie just you but it doesn't really matters how it actually works. Two teams are fighting for the majority of votes while scum are there to clean the house from everyone else. I was right about changing from Bertie. He realized what I was saying and give me a break with the jester thing. I'd bet Pod is also scum. Not sure about Ebon. Dancer looks like he is part of another band or maybe just another traitor. Given his reaction about the first dead he coobe eithoof those.

Another nameless player… I think Ebon is just another traitor and also think there is something else going on we're not seeing. Scum should have their own night kill but makes no sense to kill all scum AND control the vote is there is just them and us. I'm pretty sure about the third team but why just two kills? Three kills is just too much for a 10 players setup to afford but the third team must have something instead. Some tool to achieve their win-con. I would try to lynch Jabba today or get him killed at night if it falls.

@ghost I think this is a good idea for. I just a flavor cop after all. But i'd like your opinion. This is my ready to post contribution:

"Honestly I think this is quite more simple.

We're a bunch of scum players with town playing the "scum" role.

We have got 2 traitors and I bet we have got some more. Traitors are there just to avoid mass claiming and also to prevent bold scum play. As they don't know what's going on lacking a night chat they will pretend to be town thinking this is normal mafia. That's why Ebon cheers Forty's dead I think. I also think Bertie perfectly understood what I was saying and dismissed me dressing me as a jester. And that was also the good vibes I got from Pod.

Therefore two kills. Scum normal kill shooting in the dark as a vigilante would do and probably a town vigilante aiming purposely as a scummy goon.

Maybe there are 3rd parties, maybe there aren't. That's why I don't trust Jabba, he didn't ask for it though."

What do you think. I think it just reveal enough to buy some scum support. That's maybe get us some advantage over other teams and lead scum to their doom.

I am not sure. It seems a bit scattered. I think that given that Mad was nameless and is listed as Traitor, most likely what it is happening is that the 3 factions are Us, as ‘town’, Jabba’s 3rd Party Staff as ‘Traitors’ and other band members, as ‘scum’. Maybe? At least along those lines.

I get your first statement, about the nature of the roles being reversed (town is the underdog), but the Traitors thing is a bit unclear. I assume you mean that they make up a third party so that they don’t interact with scum and control the vote D1. But that means that they are almost an entirely separate party, since clearly scum don’t know who they are either. So while they may all be of the same faction, they are two separate entities. I agree though that Jabba claiming 3rd party almost guarantees that he is a Traitor.

I am not sure I get this bit: ‘ As they don't know what's going on lacking a night chat they will pretend to be town thinking this is normal mafia. That's why Ebon cheers Forty's dead I think. I also think Bertie perfectly understood what I was saying and dismissed me dressing me as a jester. And that was also the good vibes I got from Pod. ’ Ebon (who I assume you are saying is a Traitor) is cheering the death of Forty because he doesn’t know that if he just stated ‘I’m a Traitor’ he would live? Bertie, being scum, knew what you were saying and trying pretending it was ridiculous to turn town off the right track, and you got ‘good vibes’ from Pod because he agreed with you, meaning you think he is town, or you got ‘good vibes’ indicating he agreed with you and thus he is scum?

I think both Bertie and Pod covered me with the jester thing cause I was "openly" saying I was scum and also they are but they weren't sure about being able to claim right away.

Gotcha.

NIGHT 3 BEGINS NOW.

##investigate Matt

I think Jabba is a good kill. My bet is Pod was Bertie's scum mate. Maybe Ebon.

@biggs if ghost dies do i get the night kill during the night or I should wait. I guess I wait but to be sure… <- What do you mean?

OK, let’s do that:

##kill Jabbawookie

The kill goes through!

Matt3412 is a no-name Gonk Droid.

Gnips is dead. Got to shut down the chat.

Biggs - Mod Info

Podracer - Flavor Cop

Bertie Wooster - Mafioso

Good luck scum!

Hey Bert!

Yo Pod! My role as Mafioso looks like a typical Mafia Goon role. I can nightkill. How about you?

Night 1! Post your actions here with ##!

Hey sorry I haven't been online much, busy couple of days with work/childcare.

Had totally forgotten I was scum!

Let's kill ebon and rolecop mad or Gnip I guess?

Il say mad as I was voting Gnip, just incase I get tracked or something, can fake doc

##cop mad

In the occurrence Bertie doesn't get a reply in before the restart, I will choose to perform the kill on Ben instead if that's ok mod?

Copping Mad makes sense, but why kill Ebon? Seems like it could come back on you. Although I can't think of a better target at the moment.

Maybe Forty? It would give nothing away.

Make it official with a ## I don't care who posts it. But I will take Bertie's last pick as the priority if there are multiple ones.

##kill FortyInRed

Hey Biggs is there anything about my Mafioso role that is different from Mafia Goon?

Nope.

Investigate Results: Madaghmire is a no-name Gamorrean guard.

FortyInRed has been successfully killed! Our precious traitor! Noooo!

Well "guard" certainly sounds like a protective role, probably bodyguard.

Classic Ben rage.

Night 2 has started.

Looked up Gamorrean guard. Not sure what kind of power role that would actually be, but I'm pretty sure Madaghmire is not on our side and should be killed. I will do so before night is over unless you have any objections.

Are you going to cop someone? I’d suggest GNIP maybe? (Biggs, if Pod doesn’t respond before night’s over, can I do it?)

##kill Madaghmire

##Cop Gnip

What was the requirement to reruit forty @biggs

Sorry for my absence once again, busy IRL

GNIPs is Max Rebo, a rival band member!

Bertie, you died. So sorry, we have to close the doc.

My flavor brings all the cops to the yard

and they're like, hes a gamorrean guard

**** right, a gamorrean guard