The Celestial Realms - New RPG Sourcebook

By sndwurks, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

1 minute ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

You're going to strain your eyes doing that for weeks.

His face will get stuck that way

I was at my FLGS today and asked about Celestial Realms again. They have still not seen it offered on a new release sheet. Can I check, has anyone in the UK got hold of a copy?

21 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Can I check, has anyone in the UK got hold of a copy?

Sadly I haven't. I did order in the UK. 😭

I ordered months before release from Waylandgames but have not received the book yet.

From here and discord I'm getting the distinct impression that no copies of the book have reached Europe yet.

Not that it does a difference for me, because I don't live in Europe, but I wonder if with the move to EDGE, Europe won't be left behind as it usually does nowadays.

And it would be ironic if then, North America was left behind because of that.

Finally got my pre-ordered copy today, along with the new adventure. I must say I like what I've seen so far. The new schools looks pretty cool, I'm enjoying the Centipede clan and the adversities consist of elemental deficiencies that look like they would be fun in play. At first glance this may be one of my favorite books so far. Need to dig in more over the weekend.

A user on reddit shared the names and outline of all the Inversion in a thread there, I figured I'd pop them over here for convenience, since I know not everybody is following every community.

Rank 1:

One Within The Void: Make a Sentiment check to allow targets nearby to receive 2 fatigue to provide assistance on a check another is making regardless of distance.

Sight Beyond Existence: once per session, when someone makes a choice of great consequence, make a Theology check to scry for the outcome and return to a moment before the action was made. Everything is undone; you can make a different choice if you're the target, or you can say up to five words before the other makes the action.Whispered Blade: You can make a Theology check to summon a "void knife" that ignores all resistances.

Witness the End: Make a Theology check targeting a nearby character or object. Success means you can scry for way the target can be undone.

Rank 2:

Distance Distorted: Make a Theology check targeting two objects and/or characters near you. Success means you augment and curse them to treat each other as being in the range band they were at regardless of how they move.

Ethereal Flicker: Make a theology check targeting yourself to augment and curse yourself out of phase with reality, which reduces critical strikes.

The Lotus Blooms: Theology check against one close character. Success augments and curses them to keep a number of dice equal to their Void ring instead of the ring they used when making a check, and ignores kept strife results at a fatigue cost.

Rank 3:

Hurl From The Stream: Theology check targeting one character or object, which is resisted. Success binds the target outside of reality, which nullifies any actions that object takes that round.

Moon on the Shifting Sea:theology check on some place close. Success augments you to be both where you are and in that place at the same time.

Shroud in Solitude: Theology check to target a character you're touching. Success augments and curses them to use your Void ring to reduce damage instead of the resistance value they would normally use, and to receive strife instead of fatigue.

Rank 4:

Reality Stitch. Theology check on a few characters close by. Success curses them to receive the same amount of strife or fatigue all the other targets do.

Shattering Caress: Martial Arts check targeting something in range of your weapon. Success smites it.

Three Heartbeats: Theology check targeting you to receive 3 fatigue. You then take another turn where no one can react to you.

Rank 5:

Essence Eternal: Theology check targeting someone close by. Success binds them to the location in their current state. When the effect ends, the target returns to that state and location.

Slip the Cycle: theology check to purify yourself, remove all conditions, effects, fatigue and strife, and return back to life for one round.

Unweave: Theology check targeting something close by. Success binds it to unreality, unmaking the thing for lots of damage and conditions.

Low quality photos of pages of some of the careers also float on the net

Won’t paste a link obviously, can only attest to existence

Still no sign of this book in the UK...

29 minutes ago, Scott McFarland said:

Still no sign of this book in the UK...

The only store in this country that even appears to acknowledge that it might exist, still has it in pre-order.

When Atlas Games were told of a similar situation, they worked to fix things right away. This crowd? Not so much.

My store had it scheduled for today, together with the Crab novel, but now both products have been pushed to the end of October.

I wonder if transferring production to EDGE will cause the reverse to happen, with Europe receiving the books right away and North America being forgotten. Not that it matters to me because I am still waiting for the kami dammit PDF.

On β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž2β€Ž/β€Ž2020 at 3:36 PM, Daeglan said:

His face will get stuck that way

:blink:

I don't know what you mean.

I have been able to order (and receive) the Crab novella from the UK, about a week ago. Now I wonder has anyone who has order the book from a country in the EU (and yes UK you are still in the EU at this moment) been able to receive the book too? I find it interesting that we are able to buy the accompanying adventure, but not the sourcebook at the moment πŸ€”

54 minutes ago, Kiso said:

I have been able to order (and receive) the Crab novella from the UK, about a week ago. Now I wonder has anyone who has order the book from a country in the EU (and yes UK you are still in the EU at this moment) been able to receive the book too? I find it interesting that we are able to buy the accompanying adventure, but not the sourcebook at the moment πŸ€”

Someone said to me that Canada has had the Sourcebook for ages, but not seen the adventure at all.

See, this kind of distribution thing wouldn't be a concern if you'd just release the PDF globally at the same time... people could buy and read their books and still pick up the physical if they want it whenever the magical fairies get around to unloading it.

8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

:blink:

I don't know what you mean.

thing parents would say to kids making faces would have them get stuck

I just assumed the emoji had been Magnus Grendel way of showing his face stuck while responding ironically but I could be wrong πŸ˜„

I am still waiting for Celestial Realms in the UK, I have had it on pre-order with Zatu Games for ages now who have told me that they guarantee they will get it in - just not yet, its now slated as a Q4 release. Zatu also now have the next Sourcebook up for pre-order but don't feel like putting more money into pre-orders with no real guarantee I will ever actually get any product.

I originally asked my local store Firestorm Games if they could order it in for me and was told it doesn't even appear on the order sheet and they have no way of getting it but could get the accompanying book Wheel of Judgement and had one or two copies in store if memory serves.

I even tried asking Fantasy Flight customer service if they could tell me somewhere in the EU that could sell me the book but no reply.

We're already in Q4, so saying anything earlier is just lying at this point. I'd suggest that the PDF is due out really soon.

I got it from the US myself (I live in Ireland). Came quite fast through Amazon.

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

We're already in Q4, so saying anything earlier is just lying at this point. I'd suggest that the PDF is due out really soon.

🀞

Preordered the book in Germany, also no luck so far... 😒

Sent an inquiry to drivethrurpg, they don’t have any information when Celestial Realms will be available online... I am not putting my hopes up at least until December.