https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/2/24/celestial-realms/

Featuring:

• Information on the Spirit Realms
  • Information on the Centipede Clan
  • Information on the Phoenix Clan
  • Phoenix Clan Ishiken School, along with new Techniques called inversions
  • Stats on all the Ancestral Swords of the Great Clans

Sweet!

At least two more books. It is the first time the Celestial Realm get a full book for themselves, right?

That map of the celestial realms image is amazing. I want that as a playmat!

I'm so happy of this announcement!!!

Yes a new sourcebook!
The map of the realms does look amazing, hopefully the back of the map of Phoenix territory has at the other side the map of the realms.
A good and logical choice to put the Centipede clan together with the Phoenix.
With this book, there seems to be no pattern which sourcebook they are releasing.

Well, I'm happy, that's scratching something off my list. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come out, I might like some of this for the campaign I'm developing.

9 minutes ago, Kiso said:

With this book, there seems to be no pattern which sourcebook they are releasing.

Honestly, this seems to be less of a "Pattern" and more of a "who are our freelancers who work well under deadline."

YES!!!

**** yeah!!!

😄 🎉 🎊

This is going to be an amazing book! I am already looking forward to it.

My speculation on which new Schools we will get in the book:

Crab: A Kuni [something]

Crane: Asahina Archer or Kakita Artisan

Dragon: Agasha Armor/Weaponsmith

Lion: Matsu Beastmaster

Phoenix: Ishikin (Void Adept)

Scorpion: Soshi Shadow Adept

Unicorn: Iuchi [something]

Centipede: Priestess of the Sun

Yay, more fluff!

4 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

Sweet!

At least two more books. It is the first time the Celestial Realm get a full book for themselves, right?

Looks that way. I know there was a good amount of info in Secrets of the Empire for 4e (around 45 pages worth).

An adventure for deceased PCs? That sounds really interesting. I wonder if it's going to address the hints about things going wrong that were in Emerald Empire.

2 hours ago, Alisair Longreach said:

My speculation on which new Schools we will get in the book:

Crab: A Kuni [something]

Crane: Asahina Archer or Kakita Artisan

Dragon: Agasha Armor/Weaponsmith

Lion: Matsu Beastmaster

Phoenix: Ishikin (Void Adept)

Scorpion: Soshi Shadow Adept

Unicorn: Iuchi [something]

Centipede: Priestess of the Sun

I think we're much more likely to get a Kitsu school, and if I'm being honest that's probably colored a bit by how much I utterly dislike the idea of the beastmaster school. It feels like it belongs in a 90's network fantasy action drama.

4 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

An adventure for deceased PCs? That sounds really interesting. I wonder if it's going to address the hints about things going wrong that were in Emerald Empire.

This adventure has me so curious right now.

1 minute ago, BearJuden113 said:

I think we're much more likely to get a Kitsu school, and if I'm being honest that's probably colored a bit by how much I utterly dislike the idea of the beastmaster school. It feels like it belongs in a 90's network fantasy action drama.

Is a 3rd Kitsu school likely, though?

5 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

Sweet!

No, there was one in 2e/d20 that was pretty much solely about the Celestial Realms.

https://l5r.fandom.com/wiki/Fortunes_and_Winds_(RPG)

36 minutes ago, Sharatec said:

Is a 3rd Kitsu school likely, though?

Not gonna lie, totally forgot they already had 2.

Anyone else being a little bit sad that this book doesn't contain information on the Moth Clan instead of the Centipede? Considering the Moth's focus on a different realm?

24 minutes ago, Sharatec said:

Anyone else being a little bit sad that this book doesn't contain information on the Moth Clan instead of the Centipede? Considering the Moth's focus on a different realm?

I think the Phoenix book having the Centipede Clan was a foregone conclusion.

But on the other hand, I would have said the same about the Crane book with Sparrow, so... Maybe they didn't want to have two new Minor clans back to back. Plus, adding Centipede gives the Mantis Great Clan another one of their families.

3 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I think the Phoenix book having the Centipede Clan was a foregone conclusion.

But on the other hand, I would have said the same about the Crane book with Sparrow, so... Maybe they didn't want to have two new Minor clans back to back. Plus, adding Centipede gives the Mantis Great Clan another one of their families.

I might have to abandon my dreams of the Mantis never becoming a Great Clan... 😭

5 minutes ago, Sharatec said:

I might have to abandon my dreams of the Mantis never becoming a Great Clan... 😭

Why? They might very well become one. The story keeps going!

Your school curriculum will probably stay with errors in it though. Sorry about that!

As I wrote, I hope they don't become a Great Clan. Didn't like it in earlier editions, don't think I'd like it now.

Does the Mantis school curricula have mistakes not mentioned in Errata?