Tales from the Fringe Anthology OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

He's basically hacking into the computer and convincing it he has the proper clearance. (Once he's-or she?..anyway, once in, C1-N8 is going to rewrite the computer to make itself an admin.)

You can make the roll..

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

He's basically hacking into the computer and convincing it he has the proper clearance. (Once he's-or she?..anyway, once in, C1-N8 is going to rewrite the computer to make itself an admin.)

You can make the roll..

Well if its name is Cin, "he" would make sense.

Slicing : 3eP+1eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

Yowzah!

Sienna's assistance really counted for something there. What's that do?

Nice. He slices through the "security " like butter.

Let's say with the Triumph he gains access to the codes and proper approach vector for Vicsil.

@P-47 Thunderbolt is up in IC..

@Bellona I believe is as well? (I think you made it to the shuttle, correct?)

Just now, RuusMarev said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt is up in IC..

Oh, whoops! Apologies. I thought I'd already posted.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

@Bellona I believe is as well? (I think you made it to the shuttle, correct?)

Aleeena, Barda, and Crash definitely made it to the shuttle, but due to the stuff going on in the other ship, I was waiting to hear if there were any last-minute complications due to on-board Imps, etc.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, whoops! Apologies. I thought I'd already posted.

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Aleeena, Barda, and Crash definitely made it to the shuttle, but due to the stuff going on in the other ship, I was waiting to hear if there were any last-minute complications due to on-board Imps, etc.

No worries, especially after a long weekend :D

Crash Hot-wiring shuttle : 2eA+1eP+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-a.png a--.png p-a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png d-th.png

I'm going with Slicing Results from Special Modifications (Table 3-19, page 88)

Crash will spend the Advantage to gain a Boost on the next Slicing attempt.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Crash Hot-wiring shuttle : 2eA+1eP+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-a.png a--.png p-a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png d-th.png

I'm going with Slicing Results from Special Modifications (Table 3-19, page 88)

Crash will spend the Advantage to gain a Boost on the next Slicing attempt.

Aleena has Computers 1 and Intellect 3 ... can she assist?

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

sure

6 minutes ago, Bellona said:

You can use the boost as well

You can use the boost as well

Assuming that that means that you want me to roll ...

Assisting Crash to (space) hotwire a Lambda shuttle : 1eP+2eA+2eB+3eD 2 failures, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png b--.png b-a.png d-f.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

... no joy there either.

3 Advantages ... another try, or finding the launch codes on a piece of flimsi underneath the console?

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Assuming that that means that you want me to roll ...

Assisting Crash to (space) hotwire a Lambda shuttle : 1eP+2eA+2eB+3eD 2 failures, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png b--.png b-a.png d-f.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

... no joy there either.

3 Advantages ... another try, or finding the launch codes on a piece of flimsi underneath the console?

Hmm... @P-47 Thunderbolt , any suggestions?

(thinking they attract attention from the Stormtroopers, but they are able to Slice a backdoor into the system (3 Advantage) or able to Temporary Bypass, giving them 2 Boosts (2 Advantages) ? )

16 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

(thinking they attract attention from the Stormtroopers , but they are able to Slice a backdoor into the system (3 Advantage) or able to Temporary Bypass, giving them 2 Boosts (2 Advantages) ? )

Usually the degree of Failure is immaterial on a skill check, and there were no Threats or Despairs.

Edited by Bellona
4 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Usually the degree of Failure is immaterial on a skill check, and there were no Threats or Despairs.

true...

Crash attempt 2 (temporary Bypass) : 2eA+1eP+2eB+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a-s-s.png p-s.png b-s-a.png b-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Threat triggers Authorized Access Only:The Slicer stumbles into a particularly secure subsystem and must take care to avoid triggering alarms. Add 1 Setback to the intruder's next Computers check in this system.

@RuusMarev

By the way, did Barda find anyone on her sweep of the rest of the Lambda shuttle before she took up position just inside the ramp hatch door?

Nope, shuttle is clear.. That flight crew is in bed :D

Assuming that there were no more obstacles to getting the shuttles into the air, I've posted IC.

Let me know if I need to correct the sequence of events. :)

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Bellona Since the Core is a bit vague on Advantages and Triumphs in regards to Pilot checks, would you like anything specific ?

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

(thinking they attract attention from the Stormtroopers, but they are able to Slice a backdoor into the system (3 Advantage) or able to Temporary Bypass, giving them 2 Boosts (2 Advantages) ? )

Margin of failure is generally irrelevant, but on checks that can be attempted multiple times I usually add a time pressure of some kind. So "X many attempts before the Stormtroopers get here." that sort of thing.

Just now, RuusMarev said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Bellona Since the Core is a bit vague on Advantages and Triumphs in regards to Pilot checks, would you like anything specific ?

Delay pursuit? Maybe we get away quickly enough that any chase starts with the enemy one range band farther away or something?

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Delay pursuit? Maybe we get away quickly enough that any chase starts with the enemy one range band farther away or something?

That'll work, and with the code's C1-N8 got from from the VT-49, they shouldn't have any problem bluffing their way to a hyperspace lane.. You should be long gone before the Gozanti patrols realize they've lost coms.

That'll work, and with the code's C1-N8 got from from the VT-49, they shouldn't have any problem bluffing their way to a hyperspace lane.. You should be long gone before the Gozanti patrols realize they've lost coms.

@RuusMarev , @Bellona , should I go ahead and narrate us to the rendezvous and jump?

Will you be jumping directly to Vicsil, or will you do a short jump and send one ship home, then continue?