Yaimpar be te Bes'uliik IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

The TIEs sweep down again and let out another volley of fire, forcing Kebiin to pull around as the other flight gets on her tail.

I'm working on it! She called, The system has taken a pounding, itll take some time.

As the other flight swings around, Arde begins to open fire on the TIE's, blowing the wing off of one. Quickly, he switches his focus to another TIE, and a few centered shots cause the cockpit to explode, sending the shrapnel from the TIE hurtling through space. " We don't have time! "

In spite of their casualties, the TIEs swoop back in, landing a couple solid hits on Jurir .

Tam takes the auxiliary firing controls, took aim on one of the TIEs and fired. The lasers punched through the wing panels, but didn't penetrate the the hull of the cockpit.

Tam swears in frustration, Firfeck! Somebody shoot that chakaar down!

Arde quickly swiveled the cannons over to the target Tam had been shooting at, getting several lasers into the damaged wing joint on the TIE. The wing tore away, colliding directly with the cockpit of the TIE behind the first and causing it to explode. The first TIE didn’t stop there, trying to correct its trajectory, instead veering off into another TIE, clipping it before losing its second wing and spinning off into the void of space.

The remaining TIEs from the other flight come up cautiously and fire a volley at Jurir , but they are staying too far out to get a clear angle and Kebiin manages to swing the ship around their fire, the unorthodox silhouette of the ship making it difficult to land a hit.

Kebiin lines up a shot at the TIEs as they came in on their attack run, her shots pepper one of the TIEs, shattering the canopy and blowing the hatch from the over-pressure. The TIE slowly banked and flew off into deep space continuing its lazy arc. Kebiin nervously glanced at the navcomputer as the time to jump ticked down.. Come on, come on hurry up.....

Tam continues to work on the building list of system errors and manages to help the navcomputer process the equations by bypassing the short between its initiation system and the hyperdrive. I got it! She calls, as the stars stretch and the Kom'rk jumps into the swirling lights of hyperspace.

She and the rest of the crew barely have time to celebrate when warning lights and emergency tones light up the console.

Aw, shab... Tam sighs.. That's not good....

The TIEs got off one last punishing volley before Jurir Gotabor'e flickered with pseudomotion and vanished into hyperspace. The blasts knocked out several key systems and even as she jumped to hyperspace, Jurir began shutting down. After only a couple moments in hyperspace, a powered down Jurir drops out of hyperspace in the middle of deep space, leaving her crew to complete some desperate repairs to get back underway and reach their destination.

Kebiin slumped in her seat, letting out a heavy sigh. She reached over and tapped Tam's shoulder, Let's go ner vod'ika, time to repair some damage.

Tam followed Kebiin to their lockers and helped carry tools to the maintenance craw spaces, as Kebiin crawled inside to assess the damaged systems. Tam whistled, Wake bes'ade, help buir fix the ship!

Soft beeping echoed through the ship, as small droids exited little nooks in the ships interior. They looked vaguely like something from an Arakyd Industries catalog, only these seemed more friendly looking than Arakyd's sinister black. They all had what looked like the domed heads of mini R-series astromechs, with squat cylindrical bodies and multiple appendages hanging from the bottom of the body itself, each one ended in either a grasping hand, or a tool of some sort, ranging from arc welders to dataport readers.

There was one that seemed to be the leader of the small swarm of hovering droids, slightly larger than the others, waved one of it's limbs to Tam. V aar'tur buir'ika! It called out in an almost disturbing voice for a droid; the voice of a small child, joyful and enthusiastic.

Tam beamed at the droid, rubbing either side of it's dome like a mother pinching their child's cheeks, J ate vaar'tur ner jatne adiik, help your ba'vodu Keb'ika repair the ship, ok?

Elek buir! Olaror bat vod'ika! the droid cheered, waving it's appendages as it pass into the crawl space, followed by it's slightly smaller companions mirroring the waves with enthusiastic beeps and whistles.

“You have droids? ” Naz asked inquisitively, watching them as they scurried away. Arde however simply let out a huff, before taking on a chiding tone.

Those could’ve been helpful during the fight.

My babies don't fight, Tam explained, I could whip up a combat variant if you want, but these are my maintenance babies.

She looked down at the strill, Your strill would be far better in a fight, mirdala vheh'ad.

Wasn’t talking about fighting. Could’ve been working on repairs. Though you seemed to do a decent enough job. How long have you been working with ships?

Since we were kids, Tam says, Kebiin's father adopted me when I was very young... he died a few years ago. Our buir took us in, made us aliit.

After about an hour of work, swearing, and the droids singing to themselves as they worked, Kebiin finally extracted herself from the maintenance spaces, covered in grime and scrapes.

That should do it, she announced, moving back to the cockpit, Let's get out of here and back on mission.

The trip to Vorpa'ya took longer than it should have, but considering the damage the old Kom'rk took on it's escape from Mandalor, Kebiin wasn't going to complain. The warning alert flashed from the hyperdrive status screen, as the stars snapped back to pinpricks, and Vora'ya began to fill the view screen as Kebiin turned the controls towards the path indicated by the navigation readout. We're here, everyone. Kebiin called over her shoulder, Please return your seats to their up-right, and locked positions, thank you for flying with Kebiin Kebii'tra Transportation Services.

As they approached their destination, Kebiin pulled up the scan of the area, a compound of small buildings around a larger warehouse or hanger surrounded by orderly rows of various vehicles and random machinery in various stats of disrepair. alongside of the larger building sat what Kebiin thought was a building. But as they got closer, the scan resolved it to be a Wayfarer class freighter and still had a container attached.

Tam stepped up behind to look over her shoulder. Wayii! she exclaimed with a low whistle, Look at all that treasure, Keb'ika, like Papa's shop.

Kebiin smiled sadly, Ni haa'taylir bic, vod'ika.

Kebiin double checked the coordinates and brought them down in front of the large building.

Arde grunted at the joke, coming up to stand behind the two as they landed. During the rest of the flight, Naz had spent most of the time analyzing the shield systems, trying to determine what had went wrong. From the look of things he wasn’t any closer to understanding it then when they started. The junkyard/repair shop had a number of individuals scurrying around it, as well as a few who seemed to be working in and around the Wayfarer itself.

As they landed however, an individual came out in black and green beskar’gam with an impatient look about him, crossing his arms as he waited for them to land. The rifle slung over his back made it clear that unfriendly visitors were likely to be tolerated. Besides that, the Empire’s strict regulations on ships and weaponry implied that whatever operation was being run here was highly illegal, if any Imperials ever decided to try and come down on the place.

The Mandalorian waited, albeit impatiently for them to finish their landing sequence and come down the ramp, huffing in a manner that made Arde seem cheery. “ Gar du’car

Gar du’car | You’re late

Edited by ShockHelix

Kebiin indicates the Kom'rk, battle scared and smoking slightly. Ran into some trouble with chakaare Imperials and their hutuune Mando'ade lapdogs.

Tam followed the rest down the ramp, trailed by her droids. Tam lightly swatted Arde's arm. I wasn't joking, these places are goldmines for gotab'ika, she said as she typed on her datapad, uploading her notes to the droids. Alright ad'ika, she addressed them, Find buir some treasure.

Yes buir! the leader said in a happy child like voice, the other whistled and beeped happily as they scattered into the yard.

The old Mandalorian just shook his head again. “ We’ll fix it up eventually. I’m Vaerk. Come on. Your new ship is out back .”

Kebiin grinned at the man and is quickly joined by Tam. You're Vaerk? Kebiin asked, We've been told a lot about you from the aliit!

Tam nodded, You are highly recommended for your skill. She indicated herself and Kebiin, We're huge fans of your work on Liberator.

Kebiin frowned, Wait.. new ship?

A Wayfarer, if ya saw it on the way in. Kom’rk’s are banned for ‘Civilian Use’ by the Empire. You’re gonna have a hard time getting around otherwise. Systems have been repaired from the ground up, so as long as you don’t give the Empire a chance to identify it for what it is. You have any questions, you can ask the one who fixed it up for you. ” There was a hint in his voice that he’d have rather had more of a hand in things himself, but the telltale signs of old age couldn’t be hidden behind the helmet as much as Vaerk might have liked.

Tam and Kebiin exchanged glances and shrugged. I guess it can't be helped.. Kebiin sighed, Could you repair our Kom'rk, and send it home? I'll make a call before we leave and arrange payment..

Tam pointed towards the yard, I sent my bes'ade out to look for parts that might help with this mystery project.. do you have any specific details about it?