THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I am seriosuly concrened that Season 2 will be The Mandalorian 's downfall from awesomeness.

But I also harbored such fears about every episode of season 1 that came out. And it turned out good.

I don't know anything about Dawson, Eckstein, or Ashoka.

Eh, if it's bad, it's bad, but there hasn't been so much as a teaser yet, so I wouldn't waste time worrying already. So that you can avoid any serious spoilers, I think all you really need to know about Ahsoka for Mandalorian season 2 is that she's a former Jedi, and she's familiar with Mandalorians and their culture.

It's probably the reason they considered adding her in there, since Mandalore had quite a few stories set in the Clone Wars, and The Mandalorian is definitely good about throwing in a lot of references to those times.

That and somone has to duel with moff Gideon. I'm struggling to believe the coven of Mandalorians got wiped out honestly from season 1. I guess no one else had a ship to escape on.

wqh83798y5u41.jpg

Credit to @figrins_garage on IG

"Good, good, everything is going according to plan..."

*evil sith laughs*

On 4/17/2020 at 6:43 PM, TauntaunScout said:

I am seriosuly concrened that Season 2 will be The Mandalorian 's downfall from awesomeness.

I expect it to "fall" eventually. It's one of the few things that a bunch of fans haven't whined about, so Disney is probably gonna milk it dry. Season 2 was shooting before season 1 had finished airing, season 3 is in pre-production while season 2 is still a while off, and there's that docu-series that recently got announced.

1 minute ago, Hampulina93 said:

I expect it to "fall" eventually. It's one of the few things that a bunch of fans haven't whined about, so Disney is probably gonna milk it dry. Season 2 was shooting before season 1 had finished airing, season 3 is in pre-production while season 2 is still a while off, and there's that docu-series that recently got announced.

I never expected Ash vs. The Evil Dead to be good for three seasons but it was! As long as there’s a plan in place for wrapping it up they may pull it off.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, TauntaunScout said:

If I have to watch the Millenium Falcon miraculously turn on it's side at the last moment one more time, I'm gonna lose it. Get a new trick, filmmakers. Not every scene with the Falcon needs to be a rehash of the ESB asteroid field. Ditto one more club full of freaky deaky aliens.

Also, the gun getting taken out or disabled, forcing the pilot to lose the enemy ships by maneuvering in a creative or unexpected way. It happens in TFA, TLJ, Solo, and also recently in a The Clone Wars season 7 episode. I get that there are genre tropes, but at least pick a new one instead of repeating the same scenario over and over.

Edited by KommanderKeldoth

apv0t3zbeku41.jpg

Giancarlo Esposito Says He Broke 3 Darksabers While Making 'Star Wars Mandalorian'

nlayt57koqu41.jpg

11 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

surely he's dead for real this time. Maul can't be in everything. Can he ?

20 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Deaths absolutely do not stick in Star Wars as of TROS.

Luke could still be alive.

22 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What if it was a small cameo part like Matt Lanter had in the first season?

EDIT: referring to Sam Witwer being in season 2, not Maul.

Edited by Kirjath08
59 minutes ago, Kirjath08 said:

What if it was a small cameo part like Matt Lanter had in the first season?

EDIT: referring to Sam Witwer being in season 2, not Maul.

Im honestly shocked i didn't see maul mopping the floors alongside Finn in some flashback scene in TLJ.

fxuysmiojyv41.jpg

By Brian Shapiro

18 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Please. I hope they fix their non sense decisions of making Jango and Boba non-mandalorians. Love Temuera Morrison

Wasn't them not being mandalorian more an example of political swing? I believe the minister who said that line was, at the time st least, pretending to be loyal to Satine, who was trying to change Mandalorian culture towards non-violence. Doing this aids his subterfuge.

So certain points of view and all that..

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Wasn't them not being mandalorian more an example of political swing? I believe the minister who said that line was, at the time st least, pretending to be loyal to Satine, who was trying to change Mandalorian culture towards non-violence. Doing this aids his subterfuge.

George Lucas never intended Boba Fett or his 'father' to be mandos. They simply wore the armor to inspire fear. Who knows? Maybe Filoni and Favrau will walk this back canonically in season 2.

Or maybe Boba will come after Mando and they will have a final showdown, allowing Mando to fully usurp the title of 'cool Mandalorian guy' from Boba forever.

Another likely scenario is that Temura Morrison was cast in an unspecified role and its just hype and misinformation. He could be playing captain Rex for all we know. After all, he's a bit old to be playing Boba Fett, who would be around 40-45 years old at this point. Tumura Morrison is turning 60 this year.

Edited by KommanderKeldoth
47 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Another likely scenario is that Temura Morrison was cast in an unspecified role and its just hype and misinformation. He could be playing captain Rex for all we know. After all, he's a bit old to be playing Boba Fett, who would be around 40-45 years old at this point. Tumura Morrison is turning 60 this year.

Jango Fett survived his beheading and went on to father Aquaman, didn't you know?

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

That is how I have always felt it was supposed to be as well, but after being told time and time again that Lucas said they are not. Well I just came to accept that they are right and that the line is supposed to confirm it.

They haven't yet come out and said they are actually Mandos... so I am really hoping they do make them that at some point. This might be their best opportunity to change that. Especially with all the other ones still left.

I just don't understand why all up and sudden change their status back then... even in Episode II the Kaminoans confirm Jango to be Mandalorian. How would he trick these scientists and everyone around them to believing that, especially with so much profit and prestige on the line. They made this mess for no reason as I see it and they should fix it.

I mean, the big line in the first season of The Mandalorian is about how all it takes to be a Mandalorian is to follow their creed, so I see no reason why Boba can't become one. It's probably too late for Jango though. Dude took his helmet off in front of too many people, so Mace Windu removed that option for him.

Edited by Kirjath08
50 minutes ago, Kirjath08 said:

I mean, the big line in the first season of The Mandalorian is about how all it takes to be a Mandalorian is to follow their creed, so I see no reason why Boba can't become one. It's probably too late for Jango though. Dude took his helmet off in front of too many people, so Mace Windu removed that option for him.

True. And I also just realized that Temura Morrison is probably just doing the voice, so his age shouldnt be an issue.

Man, it would be cool if both Boba and Rex made an appearance. One, becuase Morrison is a great actor and it would be cool to see him in a helmetless role, and two, it would be interesting for Boba to interact with a clone survivor.

The whole helmet thing is a new tradition I think, probably becuase of the Empire's brutal Mandalorian genocide.

1 hour ago, Kirjath08 said:

Yet half the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars and Rebels remove their helms. The continuity is too buggered for this to even be a thing honestly