THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

7z51kmkzas741.jpg

The Will of The Living Force

olz8vspiku741.jpg

I think we all need to take a moment and appreciate the fact that a guy who is best known for playing a drug lord is now the arch enemy of a guy who is known for playing a maverick DEA agent.

thanks to Asteroids_are_fun

It took me a while to catch up to this one because of the holidays, but **** is it good. Call backs, fight scenes galore. So much fun. I hope this solidifies Scum & Villainy as a future Legion faction just for some of the neat characters - and for the rest man, I know some people are hurting for CW released but maybe you'll get some new hopes and dreams with the season of TCW coming up, but there are some primo new options here for OT factions as well. I'd love to see Rebel Shocktroopers as a heavy infantry unit with Cara Dune and her big gun as an upgrade similar to Pao or Bistan. And Moff Gideon would definitely be an interesting commander in future, now with imperial darksaber. Plus the incinerator trooper design from The Force Unleashed! Next maybe we can recanonize the E-WEM

It's funny, I said in a convo the only lightsaber I wanted to see in The Mandalorian was the Darksaber, and when I heard that snaphiss at the end of Ep 8 I was still stunned. That final shot, man...

Now if only they'd do a series about X-Wing pilots like this... some kind of Shade Squadron...

Edited by UnitOmega

I am only just now watching Breaking Bad. Started it around the same time as The Mandalorian. I am almost done with it. I was so psyched when Moff Pollo showed up.

ljkqbvnczv741.jpg

5 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I am only just now watching Breaking Bad. Started it around the same time as The Mandalorian. I am almost done with it. I was so psyched when Moff Pollo showed up.

Those two are very different kinds of shows sir.

6ucy9i5d0f041.jpg

by @LazareGvimradze

Went ahead and made baby yoda Christmas cookies. Can't remember where I saw the idea. It's just an angel with the head bit off.

7DiMCNc.jpg

On 12/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Yaaaaaas. Damnit how is Favreau & Co nailing this so hard.

These guys have single-handedly saved my appreciation for Star Wars.

😳

il63xnktfd841.jpg

Clearly, This is the Way!

9ghenq7ujs841.jpg

3D Print by cullingofwolves

Random question,

When Mando is bring ing the child back through the rock tunnels, he's attacked by 3 aliens. They look similar to trandoshans but have very brown scales instead of green. Are these trandoshans? Or are they a different species? Is there clarification anywhere? Just curious is some of you more knowledgeable fans have the lowdown.

The original trandoshan is yellowish brown.

0NxYD9W.jpg

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Random question,

Are these trandoshans?

I think West End Games got to name the race, I’m not 100% sure on that one. Some memory of mine keeps going to a Topps card from 1980. Bossk was definitely named by Lucasfilm. Decipher got to name the Hounds Tooth .

Trandoshans (and as of 2015 they are called T'doshok as well), skin color could vary wildly, in Canon we have seen green, red, orange, brown, or yellow skin. One Trandoshan, named Smug, had brownish-orange skin with red stripes on his face.

I love that The Mandalorian has used the “Legacy Aliens” (which the Sequels seems to dislike using for some reason).

11 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Some trivia about this pic.

Dengar wears a modified Snow Trooper armour, is seen very briefly in Return of the Jedi and strongly alluded to in The Rise of Skywalker . In production stills for The Empire Strikes Back he is holding 4-LOM’s WW II - era German MG 34 machine gun. I edited his back story for West End Games.

Boba Fett - According to Gary Kurtz, during the early development of the Original Trilogy, when Lucas envisioned the whole story of Star Wars in four trilogies and twelve films, he conceived Fett as the main antagonist of Return of the Jedi , because the Darth Sidious character was originally planned to be introduced in Star Wars: Episode IX.

He was portrayed by four actors and voiced by two more in the Original Trilogies alone.

IG-88 , originally referred to as a "chrome war droid" in the script and also called "Phlutdroid" during production.

IG-88's cylindrical head was originally a combustion chamber in a Rolls-Royce Derwent jet engine, which was previously used as part of the distillery setup seen in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina in the 1977 film A New Hope .

Artist Ralph McQuarrie's "assassin droid” was not used for IG-88 but was for the basis for Jabba’s EV-9D9.

Bossk's outfit was actually recycled from a 1966 Doctor Who, titled The Tenth Planet. It is also seen in the Cantina in A New Hope . The suit itself was actually a High-Altitude Windak Pressure Suit, used by the British Royal Air Force in the 1960s.

Bossk was in early drafts for Solo , part of the Cloud-Riders and served as Enfys Nest's second-in-command.

The issue with The Mandalorian's trandos isn't the colour IMO, it's the tweaks to the proportions. If they were done for practical reasons, like it would have been hard to make costumes that would let the stunt folk move and fight in if they'd stuck closer to the originals, personally I'd prefer they resort to CGI or just use different aliens. The newer ones look less alien.

In the Mandalorian, the guys that attack him in the trench look like they have different feet and hands and even faces. So they really look like humanized trandoshans. I didn't know if that is what was intended, or is that the new imagining of trandoshans or if it was supposed to be a completely different race that just had some similarities to trandoshans

All of these are fine, i was just wondering what it was supposed to be. I've seen trandoshans in several media forms over the years so the different colors was the last thing i was worried about.

I'm more interested in how and when they might show up in this or other shows, games and other media

Edited by buckero0

I cannot remember the scene. Can someone get a screen grab?

21 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

In the Mandalorian, the guys that attack him in the trench look like they have different feet and hands and even faces.

Even the Kenner action figure had obviously different hands from the movie Bossk. It's just the kind of inconsistency we'll always have I guess.

4 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

I cannot remember the scene. Can someone get a screen grab?

Yes. It's from early in Chapter 2, when he's heading back to his ship with The Child. Other bounty hunters trying to steal his paycheck. I thought they were the last remnants of the camp garrison out for revenge but on a re-watch I realized they had tracking fobs. They apparently followed him from a distance all along, in Chapter 1 you can see them taking undue interest in his conversation with Greef Karga in the bar.

rMvOPIV.jpg

Edited by TauntaunScout