54NCH32 Legion Paintworks [301220 - Mace Windu]

By 54NCH32, in Painting

Applied a bit of freehand to the Z6's backpack...

PHASE-2-S1-WIP-Z6-WIDE.jpg

😲 Nice!

The skull is a nice subtle touch

First lot of Phase 2 done!. Just gotta get some varnish on them.

Hope you're all doing ok out there. Interesting times!

STAR-WARS-LEGION-PHASE-2-CLONE-WIDE.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-PHASE-2-CLONE-FINAL.jpg

16 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

First lot of Phase 2 done!. Just gotta get some varnish on them.

Hope you're all doing ok out there. Interesting times!

STAR-WARS-LEGION-PHASE-2-CLONE-WIDE.jpg

These look amazing! I can only hope my Phase 2 look this good. You seem to have refined your method from your first post, has it changed from your initial recipe you posted?

12 minutes ago, CaptMook said:

These look amazing! I can only hope my Phase 2 look this good. You seem to have refined your method from your first post, has it changed from your initial recipe you posted?

Cheers man! Nope, I just got better at applying and controlling the shade (pooling etc) after 20 or so 😁 These recent ones are painted in seperate parts, then I piece them together after shading, but the recipe remains the same.

Edited by 54NCH32

Just playing around with my camera...

CLONES-BATTLE-1.jpg

CLONES-BATTLE-2.jpg

22 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

Cheers man! Nope, I just got better at applying and controlling the shade (pooling etc) after 20 or so 😁 These recent ones are painted in seperate parts, then I piece them together after shading, but the recipe remains the same.

Thank you! I can't wait to try it out!

No painting the last few days, just primed some more B2's and started a Commander Bly / Rex mini Alt. Thought i'd take some lightbox shots of these guys in meantime...

DOOKU-WIDE.jpg

GRIEVOUS-WIDE.jpg

DROIDEKA-WIDE.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Been meaning to paint an Alt Rex mini as Commander Bly for a while. A spare helmet in the Phase 2 pack, finally helped that be possible...

COMMANDER-BLY-WIP.jpg

Bly finished!

STAR-WARS-LEGION-COMMANDER-BLY-FINAL-WID

Amazing work mate.

Really cool, very clean!

So... the combination of furlough from work, working on editing my missus' online fitness classes, plus falling down an RTS rabbit hole on Steam (work lent me their 27inch Imac before quarantine muhaha!) led to a bit of a painting hiatus. Back on it though, did some more work to my second B2 squad (with some battle damage this time), plus my AAT arrived today (finally!) so time to get my groove back 😄 Reckon trying to tackle the 2 tanks would be a welcome break from squad painting

B2s-IMGBB.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Great stuff all round. wonderful precision

B2 Squad 2 all done (couldn't leave them unfinished before looking at tanks 😄 )

B2-SQUAD-2-WIDE.jpg

Finally making headway on the AAT. Still a lot to do, but getting there...

AAT-WIPI-2.jpg

Looking really cool. I imagine its gonna get some weathering, but I like the neatness of this paintjob so far.

Edited by Alan Noir

It's done! Mostly! Pilot, hatch and base to do, but AAT is fin...

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-A.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-B.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-C.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-D.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-E.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-F.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-AAT-FFG-G.jpg

[Model was kept in sections to aid spraying the zenithal highlight for the main base of the tank]

- I don't have an airbrush, so my one ( and only ) plan was to achieve as much of the shading as possible, using spray paints as the main base coat.
- Pieces were attached via pin vice drill heads stuck into pieces balsa wood etc, the main body I managed to just wedge a piece of shaved balsa into as a handle). For the tank bottom, I drilled 2 large drill bits into the section at the back which would be covered by the main body (and not visible when put together).

- - - - - - - - - - -

Main base [primer]: Humbrol Dark Brown Matt

- - - Brown back section of bottom base was then covered with tamiya curve tape and pieces of masking tape (de-stuck a few times on table to prevent paint pulling) - - -

Zenthial Highlight: Humbrol Desert Tan (sprayed in separate pieces - see above)

Light Drybrush [Highlight]: Screaming Skull

Brown Highlight: Light drybrush of Steel legion drab mixed with Humbrol Desert Tan.

Pin Wash: Agrax Earthshade with long haired (15mm) brush.

Shade/Blend: Tamiya Weathering powder, applied with old size 0 paintbrush and foam make-up applicators.

Metal Areas: Ammo MIG Gunmetal, shaded with nuln oil. Drybrushed with Ammo MIG Steel.

Metal Chipping: Ammo MIG Steel, applied with torn dish sponge, light drybrushing, and light scrapes with brush.

pieves-AAT.jpg

ATT-FINAL-1-I.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32
Typo

Honestly if you told me those are photos of the real movie prop I would believe you.

AAT OOM Pilot done.

AAT-PILOT-1.jpg

AAT-PILOT-2.jpg

AAT is all done!

AAT-FINAL-2-A.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-B.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-C.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-D.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-E.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-F.jpg

AAT-FINAL-2-G.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Well done, sir! That looks like a professional-grade movie prop.