54NCH32 Legion Paintworks [301220 - Mace Windu]

By 54NCH32, in Painting

23 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

And do you, or do you not seal the deal with varnish on top of your work? Otherwise, what would you say to be the key to your breathtaking matte finish?

Ah no, I do seal.

I use Humbrol Matte Varnish (no.49). Its awesome.

I tried a few and this was the best and easiest to get hold of (easiest if UK based, Testors for instance would cost me £20-30 on import).

The cans aren't massive (150ml for £6-8), but I don't use too much when sealing, its a great finish and its never let me down (except one time, but that was user error - I sprayed it too close!).

humbrol-acrylic-spray-varnish-49-0720.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

STAR-WARS-LEGION-STAP2-wide.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-STAPS-wide.jpg

With the STAPs finished, figured it was time for a droid army update...

STAR-WARS-LEGION-DROID-ARMY.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-DROID-ARMY-3.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-DROID-ARMY-5.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-DROID-ARMY-4.jpg

STAR-WARS-LEGION-DROID-ARMY-6.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Absolutely second to none. Love your army!

Birthday times = My Sonic Mini has arrived :D

First test print was a success :D

print-1.jpg

birthday-swag.jpg

Can't wait to take a look at your painted mandalorians. 😉

Do you already have an idea what paint scheme you will use? I am still undecided, but I think this one looks cool.

Prob something along these lines (I did this test scheme ages ago for a boba mini that I never got round to)...

mando-scheme-wip.jpg

This magic box is witchcraft...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mando WIP

MANDO-WIP-lr.jpg

mando-wide.jpg

I have yet another question, thanks for answering my previous!

The grey color on your clones, specifically like the ARC Trooper chest plate. Do you drop that prior to doing your 50/50 wash? It almost looks like it was washed independently.

Thanks in advance - once again!!!

4 hours ago, aheintz said:

I have yet another question, thanks for answering my previous!

The grey color on your clones, specifically like the ARC Trooper chest plate. Do you drop that prior to doing your 50/50 wash? It almost looks like it was washed independently.

Thanks in advance - once again!!!

I put all the base colours down, then its an allover wash (50/50 Nuln oil/lahmain medium.)

Edited by 54NCH32

Thanks so much!

Been wanting to get my hands on this one for months! (Sculpt by Skull Forge Studios)

STAR-WARS-LEGION-HEAVY-INFANTRY-MANDO-wi

Edited by 54NCH32

Obligatory 'This is the way...'

Kit Fisto 3d print.

Sad to hear about the forums, came here with Armada, hung around through Imperial Assault and now still here with Legion. Will suck to see them go, but I will try to keep posting till they do and hopefully we can get set up at AMG (once they pull their finger out).

P.s. Hope you all had a great Christmas 🤘 :D 🤘

STAR-WARS-LEGION-kit-fisto-wide.jpg

Another Seb Miniatures 3D print. Mac Daddy Windu...

STAR-WARS-LEGION-mace-windu-wide.jpg

What's the best way to keep up with your stuff and communicate after the forums go away? I'm hoping all of these photos exist somewhere else as well that doesn't require tweeting ;)

5 hours ago, aheintz said:

What's the best way to keep up with your stuff and communicate after the forums go away? I'm hoping all of these photos exist somewhere else as well that doesn't require tweeting ;)

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who post here also post on the Facebook Groups. Some are also on Reddit.

6 hours ago, aheintz said:

I'm looking into possibly setting up a site of some kind, and still post to facebook. (I don't use reddit).

Or I'm also up at instagram.com/54nch32

Edited by 54NCH32

Got a bit distracted with some Marvel Crisis Protocol minis, but here's Padme, who's been sat in the queue for far too long...

STAR-WARS-LEGION-PADME-wide.jpg

- - - -
I'll be looking to keep this content going, not sure where yet. Maybe BGG or my own site, but will be sure to keep posting.

If you want updates in the meantime, follow me at instagram.com/54nch32

Everything I paint goes up there, so everything in this forum post is on there as well 🤘

Edited by 54NCH32

Fantastic work on that cloak!

Just an update in regards to archiving, I have now set up a facebook group for my painting and will be gradually updating it as I go.

All images from this forum post are up and I will eventually have albums etc set-up 🤘

https://www.facebook.com/groups/54nch32paintworks

54-NCH32-PW-FB-COVER-1-low.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32
On 3/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, 54NCH32 said:

Bly finished!

STAR-WARS-LEGION-COMMANDER-BLY-FINAL-WID

Wow! what colors did you use? these are dead on!

3 minutes ago, CahoonM said:

Wow! what colors did you use? these are dead on!

Yellow: GW Steel Legion Drab mixed with averland sunset (1:1)
Brown: Steel Legion Drab
Shoulder pad, I think, was steel legion, mephiston red and rhinox hide at about 1:1:1 from what I can remember