54NCH32 Legion Paintworks [301220 - Mace Windu]

By 54NCH32, in Painting

8 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

Well done, sir! That looks like a professional-grade movie prop.

It does indeed

Agreed. Fantastic work!

Busy few weeks (back to work part-time + LOTS of video editing for me and my partners' side business), but finally got round to prepping the Saber.

Again, I'll be tackling it with just rattles (Humbrol matt sprays, great flat finish, if only the cans were be a bit bigger!) pin washing and weathering powder.

Pre-vis of what I'm aiming for scheme wise...
SABER3-INSTA-imgbb.jpg

Taped up and ready to start spraying...
TAPED-2-imgbb.jpg

TAPED-1-imgbb.jpg

Sorry for lack of updates on this! On a bit of a hiatus due to an impromptu house move.

Updates soon!

16 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

Sorry for lack of updates on this! On a bit of a hiatus due to an impromptu house move.

Updates soon!

I did that recently. I can't find most of stuff :)

Woohoo! I'm finally all in and settled in the new place. The humidity finally broke today, so continued on with the next stages of the Saber tank.

Overall the masking held up pretty well, but defo needs a few touch-up and neatens in places before shading and weathering. Great to finally be back on with the painting 🤘 😄 🤘

Also prepped and sprayed a couple of darkfire designs prints to keep me busy

SABER-WIP-1-WIDE.jpg

dfd.jpg

Saber is still in progress, but thought `I'd paint up one of my clone commandos from darkfire designs to help shake the painting cobwebs off a bit!

CLONE-SGT-bb-4.jpg

I'm normally not a fan of clone commandos, but that is fantastic!

All finished...

CLONE-SGT-WIDE-FINAL.jpg

Saber is finally done! (Mostly).

Still got the pilot to do, but really pleased how this came out. Great to finally have it finished 🤘 😄 🤘

SABER-FIN-WIDE-1.jpg

SABER-FIN-WIDE-2.jpg

SABER-TANK-FINAL-1-B.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Painted up "Chosen One" by Darkfire designs.

Great sculpt (I much prefer the pose to the official FFG one that just got announced) and a fantastic print from Proteus 3D Modelling based in Swansea.

ANAKIN-WIDE.jpg

Gunner finished, Saber Tank Complete!

SABER-GUNNER-WIDE.jpg

SABER-TANK-FINAL-3.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

Finally got a random game in with a mate this eve, but thought I'd snap some Clone Army photos while I had the terrain out.

My ARCs. BXs, STAPs and ATRTs have arrived, so the queue is a bit daunting! Crazy busy with 2 part time jobs at mo, but looking forward to getting some paint down on those ARCs asap.

CLONE-ARMY-SEPT-2020.jpg

CLONE-ARMY-SEPT-2020-2.jpg

CLONE-ARMY-SEPT-2020-3.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

They look amazing. While you can see they were crisp and clean they look like they been through a battle. Very authentic look. Well done the gun crew

Been a busy month, but found the time to finish off my take on "Fives"

STAR-WARS-LEGION-ARC-FIVES-WIDE.jpg

hmm

Edited by Geekboy75
grammatical error

Love your fives the colors look good and neat keep up the good work :D

Ended up finishing my alternate scheme for Echo this weekend 🤘

STAR-WARS-LEGION-ARC-ECHO-WIDE.jpg

ARC squad leader done.

Glad I decided to do these one at a time and not with soul destroying batch painting! 🤘 😁 🤘

STAR-WARS-LEGION-ARC-SQUAD-LEADER-WIDE.j

Edited by 54NCH32

Took a break from the ARCs to finish up his guy (I assembled him before the ARCs arrived, so he's been staring at me from the queue!)

STAR-WARS-LEGION-CAD-BANE-wide.jpg

34 minutes ago, 54NCH32 said:

Took a break from the ARCs to finish up his guy (I assembled him before the ARCs arrived, so he's been staring at me from the queue!)

STAR-WARS-LEGION-CAD-BANE-wide.jpg

looks great.

Very nice! I love the dark color scheme.

STAR-WARS-LEGION-ARC-troop-1-WIDE.jpg

First Jetpack ARC done, decided to magnetise the flight stand

STAR-WARS-LEGION-ARC-troop-2-WIDE.jpg

Bit of a busy week, so no chance to paint. But thought I'd take some arty shots to keep me motivated to find some brush time!

ARC-GEO-low.jpg

BANE-CORUSCANT-low.jpg