Missing 12 heroes from Conversion Kit

By rugal, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1 minute ago, ComtriS said:

This is another option that I was experimenting with. Let me know what you think:

Kirga3.png?dl=1

You wished to changed only her cape into green ?

Some of us here can do this better than I, but You greenish the whole thing, it's ...weird

1 minute ago, rugal said:

You wished to changed only her cape into green ?

Some of us here can do this better than I, but You greenish the whole thing, it's ...weird

I didn't put a lot of effort into it. I just changed the hue. Yellow can easily change to either red or green, without the rest of the image looking too distorted. Perhaps somebody with better skills than I have might be able to adjust the colors better.

This is the other direction (little red riding hood):

Kirga4.png?dl=1

46 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

Heroic Feats

Each hero player has access to a heroic feat as listed on his Hero sheet.
These are powerful, once-per-encounter abilities that let hero players do
something spectacular. Some heroic feats require an action to perform and
are denoted with a �. Regardless of when it is performed, a heroic feat
can only be performed once per encounter. After a hero player performs
his heroic feat, he flips his Hero sheet facedown to indicate that it has
been used during this encounter. At the start of the next encounter, the
hero player flips his Hero sheet so that his heroic feat is available again.

This is the only text in the game that we have to use. "Restore" is not a word that means anything in the game.

Fine. But then, it should be "action : choose an adjacent hero. That hero flips his hero sheet so his heroic feat is avalaible again"

Kirga's ability seems too strong to me, I need to test it before, I'm afraid our game experiences are not the same

9 minutes ago, rugal said:

Fine. But then, it should be "action : choose an adjacent hero. That hero flips his hero sheet so his heroic feat is avalaible again"

Thanks, fixed.

8 minutes ago, rugal said:

Kirga's ability seems too strong to me, I need to test it before, I'm afraid our game experiences are not the same

Please do test it. This one will need the most testing I think. I've not tested it very much yet. Just 1 encounter. But so far, I'm surprised at how balanced it is. Maybe I'll play it some more and it will be broken, but for now it's been balanced.

55 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

Thanks, fixed.

Please do test it. This one will need the most testing I think. I've not tested it very much yet. Just 1 encounter. But so far, I'm surprised at how balanced it is. Maybe I'll play it some more and it will be broken, but for now it's been balanced.

I can imagine situation where she can almost be unvulnerable, with her large hp value. As she was already, she was a pain, and my better player was in love with her, so, if I change her, he will have an heart attack lol

Edited by rugal

I wouldn't change Hugo. Unless you think he's OP, but I think he's just a strong Hero. I've played him as a knight a few years ago, and though I barely used his ability, his heroic feat was clearly a quest winner. Anytime we had to beat a boss, he would simply kill it in one turn. The quest after I looted a 3 dice weapon our OL kind of rage quit...

Also my opinion would be to keep the archetypes as they are. You can always pick a hybrid class if you want.

6 minutes ago, Francesco Lamas said:

I wouldn't change Hugo. Unless you think he's OP, but I think he's just a strong Hero. I've played him as a knight a few years ago, and though I barely used his ability, his heroic feat was clearly a quest winner. Anytime we had to beat a boss, he would simply kill it in one turn. The quest after I looted a 3 dice weapon our OL kind of rage quit...

Have you played One Fist / Beastmaster? Or as Knight: Mordrog, Trenloe, or Syndrael? Hugo doesn't compare to these.

7 minutes ago, Francesco Lamas said:

Also my opinion would be to keep the archetypes as they are. You can always pick a hybrid class if you want.

Thanks for your input, but why are you opposed to the change? Changing Hugo to Healer would allow you to make healers with black dice, which opens up a lot of interesting possibilities that wouldn't otherwise be available.

I didn't say Hugo compared with the strongest ones, just than he's strong enough to not need changing.

Also, regarding Hugo, might and willpower 4 screams warrior to me. As for Kirga, mage with knowledge 2?

And as I wrote, you can always pick a hybrid class if you wish.

11 minutes ago, Francesco Lamas said:

Also, regarding Hugo, might and willpower 4 screams warrior to me.

Augur Grisom has 4 might, 3 willpower.

Brother Glyr has 4 might, 3 willpower.

Do you think we should reduce his willpower by 1 to match this?

As for Kirga, mage with knowledge 2?

I agree that this is odd. I was thinking about reversing her Knowledge and Awareness as that would make her more consistent with the rest of the mages. So:

Might: 3

Willpower: 1

Knowledge: 5

Awareness: 2

I didn't say Hugo compared with the strongest ones, just than he's strong enough to not need changing.

Well, @rugal always throws Hugo in the box. I also always throw Hugo in the box. Currently Hugo is just never used in his current form. There are at least a dozen Warriors I'd rather choose over him. Part of the purpose of our work is to make these characters viable enough options to actually allow people to play with these characters and make use out of them. I don't like heroes (or monsters) that just sit in my box unused. That's a waste of money and space.

Edited by ComtriS
12 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

Well, @rugal always throws Hugo in the box. I also always throw Hugo in the box. Currently Hugo is just never used in his current form. There are at least a dozen Warriors I'd rather choose over him. Part of the purpose of our work is to make these characters viable enough options to actually allow people to play with these characters and make use out of them. I don't like heroes (or monsters) that just sit in my box unused. That's a waste of money and space.

In fact. I played him and see a player trying him as a hybrid mage, and ne didn't really impressed me. He feat can do the job, but oftenly, is no more than overkilling. Maybe with +2 health, the ability to reroll 1 defense die on each defense roll, he would start to compete with others warriors

Edited by rugal

Well of course a healer could also have high might and willpower, even though high might seems better suited to warriors. Grisom and Glyr look fine.

Keeping original archetypes is just my opinion. In fact I don't see any problem trying to change Hugo and Kirga, if that's what you want. In this case, yes, I'd probably switch Kirga's awareness and knowledge.

50 minutes ago, Francesco Lamas said:

In fact I don't see any problem trying to change Hugo and Kirga, if that's what you want. In this case, yes, I'd probably switch Kirga's awareness and knowledge.

Fixed. Thanks for your help!

Edited by ComtriS
8 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

Fixed. Thanks for your help!

So, If Hugo, who was the less strange to be changed as archetype, is rejected, then, same for Kirga.

3 minutes ago, rugal said:

So, If Hugo, who was the less strange to be changed as archetype, is rejected, then, same for Kirga.

I'm not sure what you mean? I just switched Kirga's awareness and knowledge.

3 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

I'm not sure what you mean? I just switched Kirga's awareness and knowledge.

Let us go back on Kirga as a scout. If Hugo stays a warrior, then Kirga stays a scout. We will see about the matter of having the same number of heroes on each archetype later.

1 minute ago, rugal said:

Let us go back on Kirga as a scout. If Hugo stays a warrior, then Kirga stays a scout. We will see about the matter of having the same number of heroes on each archetype later.

I think Hugo should be a Healer and Kirga should be a Mage, what's the problem?

1 minute ago, ComtriS said:

I think Hugo should be a Healer and Kirga should be a Mage, what's the problem?

Kirga as a Mage, that's a bit too weird for me. And for Hugo, looks like some players want him to stay as close as he was on the CK, with just a bit powered up.

Just now, rugal said:

Kirga as a Mage, that's a bit too weird for me. And for Hugo, looks like some players want him to stay as close as he was on the CK, with just a bit powered up.

I'd like to get more community opinions before we decide on the matter. The only other opinion we've gotten was from @Francesco Lamas who said "In fact I don't see any problem trying to change Hugo and Kirga, if that's what you want".

So, I wil have to give up on this.

Since this is a community content discussion, I'd like to point out that there are already a few community created heroes that adds to the Mage and Healer roster.

- There is 1 Healer and 1 Mage in Sands of the Past .
- There are 2 healers and 1 of each other archetype in Maze of Drakon .

In the future I plan to play Shoulderpads McLantern as a Healer once I paint the mini that I've made and come up with a fun Hero Sheet for her.
I'm planing to do the same for Shadar Runearmor but as a Mage.

You guys are free to do what you want, but I'm just saying, if having an exact same amount of hero archetypes is important to you - there are also other ways to even it out. :D

1 hour ago, Dadler93 said:

In the future I plan to play Shoulderpads McLantern as a Healer once I paint the mini that I've made and come up with a fun Hero Sheet for her.
I'm planing to do the same for Shadar Runearmor but as a Mage.

I'm curious to see that. What mini will use use for them ?

I voted to change them. I think Kirga fits the mage archetype quite well, especially if you imagine her as a truthseer . Likewise, (as far as current warriors) Hugo is a good fit for crusader . Is he really any less a healer than Andira Runehand, or Avric Albright?

Edited by Zaltyre
39 minutes ago, rugal said:

I'm curious to see that. What mini will use use for them ?

I've made Shoulderpads McLantern in Hero Forge as a base and then added a lot of things with Green Stuff and wire.
Here she is primed and ready to be painted together with some other heroes standing in queue :)
32c2XHw.png

I have nothing ready for Shadar yet. I'll wait and see how McLantern turns out first.