[Mafia] Starfighter Sabotage

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Definitely the quick lynch, but I am not sure about the approach. One on hand, it leads, and is intended to lead, to quick lynches, on the other it may have an effect by rushing the Mafia through D1 without time to lay any weeds. . . However I think overall the risk of rushing is not worth the potential benefit of messing with scum's plans, especially since D1 typically doesn't have any coordinated scum planning (how could it?).

Now granted, if LP really does do this in other games, it might not be entirely scummy, but then again we wouldn't know that he does it as town, do we? We only have his word, as a potential scum, to go on. . .

If it helps GNIPs, you should know that this is how I play in all my games now - that means I play like this regardless if I’ve been assigned Town, Scum or Third Party!

As for over/explaining things - Why that’s been a staple of my playstyle since the very beginning! ;)

What’s more, lying about a playstyle would be an extremely odd and really rather silly lie as it would be revealed very quickly from game to game.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome of the D1 lynch (including the possibility of my own death) I consider my approach to have been successful as we have all votes on the board and some D1 substantive discussion. I’m at L2 now so one more vote and I’ll defend (and may or may not claim).

Err - guys. I know some of you found my push for a D1 quick lynch distasteful but I am starting to worry about the clock here!

4 hours remaining.

38 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Err - guys. I know some of you found my push for a D1 quick lynch distasteful but I am starting to worry about the clock here!

Hmm so I honestly think your town. But that lynch is important... Hmm so due to the fact that you are most likely to be lynched right now!

##vote @Lord Preyer

Oof, in Atlanta with in-laws, didn't realize we were so close to day's end. I agree LP looks like the easiest target but I'm concerned about some voting for him. Clon's whole think you are town but golly gee we need a lynch thing looks slightly suspicious, like setting up plausible deniability. Despite being out of town I'll be around and will vote before time.

Ok. So that’s L-1. Thanks guys - way to encourage future Town D1 organising efforts! 😣

So... here’s my defence:

- I’m Town

- I’ve tried to organise Town

- I’ve contributed substance so we didn’t just have empty posts

- Whilst I strongly suspect there to be Scum on my train I would hope that the rest of you who are Town might consider a different choice!

- Finally, I won’t be revealing my role today lest Scum be trying to push multiple Reveals to map the game. I shan’t give them that satisfaction.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:26 AM, clontroper5 said:

Just in pretty much every game I have played with Jabba he has been my enemy (specifically all the forum startagy games)

This post was edited. As a penalty, only 4 votes are needed to kill clon on D1.

1 hour ago, Lord Preyer said:

Ok. So that’s L-1. Thanks guys - way to encourage future Town D1 organising efforts! 😣

So... here’s my defence:

- I’m Town

- I’ve tried to organise Town

- I’ve contributed substance so we didn’t just have empty posts

- Whilst I strongly suspect there to be Scum on my train I would hope that the rest of you who are Town might consider a different choice!

- Finally, I won’t be revealing my role today lest Scum be trying to push multiple Reveals to map the game. I shan’t give them that satisfaction.

@clontroper5 didn't unvote Jabba, so you're still at L-2.

44 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@clontroper5 didn't unvote Jabba, so you're still at L-2.

I thought that was implied...

##unvote Jabba

##Vote @Lord Preyer

I don’t like any of that.

##unvote

##vote clontroper5

##vote @clontroper5

What did he edit out?

The Jabbawookie (L-5)
Madaghmire (L-5)
Matt3412 (L-4) (Lord Preyer)
LTD (L-5)
Caldias (L -4) (LTD)
GhostofNobodyInParticular (L-5)
Lord Preyer (L-1) (The Jabbawookie, FortyInRed, GNIP, clontroper5)
FortyInRed (L-4) (Matt3412 )
clontroper5 (L-2) (Madaghmire, Caldias)

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Ugh ##unvote LTD

##voye clontroper5

Just now, Caldias said:

Ugh ##unvote LTD

##voye clontroper5

Spelling...

##vote clontroper5

Sorry about all that, on my phone and trying figure this out while juggling family stuff

6 minutes ago, Caldias said:

##vote @clontroper5

What did he edit out?

I'm not sure if anything was removed, or even if the content was changed at all. I only just noticed the edit.

How much time is left?

9 minutes

Crap!

Sorry I missed the window, woulda switched but looks like day is over.

Sorry guys

On 8/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

All PMs have been sent. Post ##role confirmed upon receiving your role.

To vote, type ##vote [player name]. To unvote, type ##unvote [player name]. To change your vote, unvote before revoting.

THE RULES, BRIEFLY:

No editing your posts.

No talking Out Of Thread unless you are able to do so.

You may not quote (or pretend to quote) Moderator PMs.

Don't spectator-post or like.

Don't post after hammers or daykills.

Don't post after dying.

Don't fake day actions.

DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS.

DON'T TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD!

GxvmhDT.jpg

Rules shall be enforced with a general warning the first time they are broken, then a modkill. Unless the breach is serious in which case modkill comes instantly.

My apologies @clontroper5 . I broke own rule at the bottom of the list: I should have given a general warning as the penalty. As far as I know, it wasn't a serious breach of the rules, even though "don't edit your posts" is a major rule.

So here's the general warning to all: don't edit your posts! Whether you are town or scum, it adds confusion to the game.

Regardless, time's up and there is no vote. Please hold your posts, everyone.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Day 2 begins. It will end in 48 hours, at 1:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday September 3.

In the morning; the body of @Matt3412 has been found in the swamp. Nothing incriminating or unusual was found on his person; Matt was a Vanilla Town.

B3-W0 refuses to budge. "Find the murderer or murderers."

8 players remain; 5 votes to hammer. My apologies to GhostofMacbeth; I accidentally tagged you and can't undo it.

@The Jabbawookie Ja

@Madaghmire

@LTD

@Caldias

@GhostofMacbeth

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

@Lord Preyer

@FortyInRed

@clontroper5

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Ok. So yesterday I tried to organise us, pushed for a Lynch, warned about time and we ended up with no lynch! This is definetly colouring my views of some players! 😳

We’re now stuck with a tough D2 situation because we’re not able to do vote analysis based on the flop. But we can attempt something based on the (failed) lynch(es).

23 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

The Jabbawookie (L-5)
Madaghmire (L-5)
Matt3412 (L-4) (Lord Preyer)
LTD (L-5)
Caldias (L -4) (LTD)
GhostofNobodyInParticular (L-5)
Lord Preyer (L-1) (The Jabbawookie, FortyInRed, GNIP, clontroper5)
FortyInRed (L-4) (Matt3412 )
clontroper5 (L-2) (Madaghmire, Caldias)

My train made it L1 and got stuck there.

My first instinct is that it got stuck because Scum were already on the train. If they weren’t why didn’t they just switch to hammer me? It would have been the easiest justified hammer - ‘I did it because we needed the information’ etc.

So I begin by pondering the question of the loyalties of @The Jabbawookie @FortyInRed @GhostofNobodyInParticular @clontroper5 !

Also, if I may, GNIP my friend, I hope you see now one of the reasons why I was pushing for earlier rather than later resolution of D1. I’ve seen it fall apart like this all too often! 😔

So we don't have a ton of information from the death of Matt, we know @Lord Preyer voted for him, which may or may not be significant (honestly probably not) and that Matt voted for @FortyInRed , otherwise he didn't say alot.

It's a vague possibility that @FortyInRed is a scum and they killed Matt because of the vote, but that isn't all that likely either.

So Conclusion, there is not enough information yet to make any reasonable Hypothesis.

1 hour ago, Lord Preyer said:

Also, if I may, GNIP my friend, I hope you see now one of the reasons why I was pushing for earlier rather than later resolution of D1. I’ve seen it fall apart like this all too often! 😔

I understand pushing for a lynch early enough to avoid a no-lynch, my problem was that you seemed to desire rushing it, and that is about as bad as a no-lynch, since there is less conversation and no real accusation/reasoning behind the speedy lynch.

Right now, I am most suspicious of Caldias, since he had the opportunity to lynch you and instead redirected the train, in the last few minutes, onto clon, seemingly only because he required fewer votes, when you already needed only 1. It seems to me like procrastinating, either to save a scum buddy (which would, obviously, incriminate you), or to deny town the helpful info of the reveal whilst being able to make it seem completely unintentional.