[Mafia] Starfighter Sabotage

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 hour ago, Caldias said:

So, how's everyone's day been? No one died yet so that's good so far.

Good good, having a life is good

It’s a very pleasant spot in this jungle.

should we examine the body?

Or just sit here looking at each other?

1 hour ago, LTD said:

It’s a very pleasant spot in this jungle.

should we examine the body?

Or just sit here looking at each other?

*looks Closely at the body*

I mean, I'm no doctor but he looks pretty dead to me... And I would venture the cause of death is that blaster wound there...

Of course any of us could have had access to a blaster. It's to soon to tell much of any interest...

Perhaps a vote would get some people talking?

##vote @Matt3412

Reasons: he was very nice to me when I played forum games last year - was this a long term strategy to pocket me in this game? 🙃

PS: in all seriousness, whilst I’ve been off the forum I’ve been playing Mafia a lot on whatsapp. I’ve developed a truly deep and powerful hatred of D1 and wish to get to a lynch fast so that the game proper can start. To this end, and learning especially from @PodRacer , I’ve taken to voting early and hoping for an early choice of lynch targets and thus an early lynch. I think it’s actually very rare for a Scum player to make a Scumslip D1 and so think votes/unvotes and the lynch itself are far more valuable sources of D1 data than reams of (semi)empty posts.

Furthermore, when I think about what Scum most dislike about D1 it’s voting choice. Therefore, force them to choose quickly and efficiently, build one (or, even better, two) viable trains and force a hard vote choice. Early voting also reduces the risk of a Fire Alarm rush to votes as deadline approaches (which is one of the things I think Scum like the most).

I’ll likely be playing like this not only in this game but in all my Mafia games and encourage early voting by others accordingly!

But fear not! My love of flavour has not diminished and I’ll be constructing something on that accordingly. Just wanted to get this substance dealt with first.

Well said, LP. I'm going to ##vote @Lord Preyer for all the same reasons.

Two trains > one.

Now we are getting somwhere!

##vote @The Jabbawookie

Based on previous experience He is almost certainly Rebel Scum!

While I do love the irony that a nice person like @Matt3412 continues to get attacked/voted first in all our forum games, I'll actually ##vote @Lord Preyer

##vote @FortyInRed I'm not nice I could be a murderer right now

Seven trains > one

Now it's a party!

##vote LTD to keep the Good, Bad, and the Ugly standoff going

We have three on LP, and one each on Matt, forty and Jabba

5 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

Now we are getting somwhere!

##vote @The Jabbawookie

Based on previous experience He is almost certainly Rebel Scum!

What do you mean? What experience?

47 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

##vote @FortyInRed I'm not nice I could be a murderer right now

Welp guess I know who I'm voting for next time

2 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

We have three on LP, and one each on Matt, forty and Jabba

What do you mean? What experience?

Just in pretty much every game I have played with Jabba he has been my enemy (specifically all the forum startagy games)

Edited by clontroper5
3 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

Just in pretty much every game I have played with Jabba he has been my enemy (specifically all the forum startagy games)

Well but what about regression to the mean?

That said, I liked Lord Preyer’s position, and I didn’t like Jabba’s sort of piggybacking onto it to justify the vote of someone who could be rallying town around them, and driving the vote. So I’m willing to see where this leads.

##vote Jabbawookie

Cal Dias is always scum.

##vote caldias

But then so is Madaghmire...

Hmm. While I agree with LP that day one usually is a drag, rushing through it isn't a great solution. Now granted, his method seems to have worked so far, in that it stimulated conversation, but I dislike his encouragement of speedy lynchings D1. So, I shall

##vote @Lord Preyer

for now.

Good evening.

I continue to believe in a philosophy of votes>posts for D1.

I also don’t wish to see a whole bunch of reveals that give Scum the map.

Therefore I’m going to see where things stand in the morning and will then either 1) stick with my vote on @Matt3412 or 2) switch to voting on someone (if any!) who has posted but not yet votes (which I give fair warning I will consider scummy)!

I should add that in order to ensure a minimum of Reveals I’m perfectly happy being one of the two viable lynches come deadline (if we really do prove incapable of organising more efficiently than that) but would strongly recommend we don’t end up with a L2-claim-L2-claim-L2-claim rinse and repeat and ScumMap scenario please!

5 votes to hammer.

The Jabbawookie (L-3) (clontroper5, Madaghmire)
Madaghmire (L-5)
Matt3412 (L-4) (Lord Preyer)
LTD (L-4) (Caldias)
Caldias (L-4) (LTD)
GhostofNobodyInParticular (L-5)
Lord Preyer (L-2) (The Jabbawookie, FortyInRed, GNIP)
FortyInRed (L-4) (Matt3412)
clontroper5 (L-5)

6 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Well but what about regression to the mean?

That said, I liked Lord Preyer’s position, and I didn’t like Jabba’s sort of piggybacking onto it to justify the vote of someone who could be rallying town around them, and driving the vote. So I’m willing to see where this leads.

##vote Jabbawookie

If he's going to get into the thick of things, the least we can do is have some votes tied to him.

I'm interested in how he has the biggest train now, though.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular , is it just the quick lynches you object to or the approach itself?

@FortyInRed , care to explain your vote?

16 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@FortyInRed , care to explain your vote?

LP is over-explaining their position. Sounds like they're trying to focus attention elsewhere (that or I'm really bad at this forum game too)

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular , is it just the quick lynches you object to or the approach itself?

Definitely the quick lynch, but I am not sure about the approach. One on hand, it leads, and is intended to lead, to quick lynches, on the other it may have an effect by rushing the Mafia through D1 without time to lay any weeds. . . However I think overall the risk of rushing is not worth the potential benefit of messing with scum's plans, especially since D1 typically doesn't have any coordinated scum planning (how could it?).

Now granted, if LP really does do this in other games, it might not be entirely scummy, but then again we wouldn't know that he does it as town, do we? We only have his word, as a potential scum, to go on. . .

To avoid calls of scumarining on myself... I happen to be embarking to Batuu today in my dreamstate ahh alternate reality ahh idk. Will be hella distracted for the next 20.