[Mafia] Starfighter Sabotage

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Just be aware that the end of day one occurred well into the middle of my night, so my non-activity was entirely legit.

I have no more leads of any kind.

But I'm always suspicious of Caldias and Madaghmire, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

derstand pushing for a lynch early enough to avoid a no-lynch, my problem was that you seemed to desire rushing it, and that is about as bad as a no-lynch, since there is less conversation and no real accusation/reasoning behind the speedy lynch.

Ok. So I think we have a Mafia theological difference! I believe that D1 is largely valueless in terms of posts. But votes are what matter. So to that end my strong preference for D1 is everyone role confirms, votes, there’s a lynch. Ideally in about 20mins. Then the game proper can start!

2 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Ok. So I think we have a Mafia theological difference! I believe that D1 is largely valueless in terms of posts. But votes are what matter. So to that end my strong preference for D1 is everyone role confirms, votes, there’s a lynch. Ideally in about 20mins. Then the game proper can start!

I mean you can get a lot from D1 posts. Its just sometimes you need a few gamedays to be sure of what you should take from what may be an otherwise innocuous post. Getting positions on record from people has value. D1 posts, when the D1 discussion is fleshed out, can also add context to the vote.

3 hours ago, LTD said:

But I'm always suspicious of Caldias and Madaghmire, for what it's worth.

I guess thats a fair meta concern, but its also an easy move for a scum player to hide behind, and its the second time you’ve run that flag up the pole to see who salutes.

Finally

@clontroper5 , what was the edit about yesterday?

I'm at dinner at DragonCon, but checking in. Agree why LP was targeted but am interested in what Clon edited.

5 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

I guess thats a fair meta concern, but its also an easy move for a scum player to hide behind, and its the second time you’ve run that flag up the pole to see who salutes.

I'm an Australian - I don't salute any flags.

5 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Finally

@clontroper5 , what was the edit about yesterday?

I have no idea, I never intentionally edited anything and don't remember it happening , I suspect i clicked edit inadvertently and then save instead of cancel.

But I do promise that I never changed anything that was said.

Another uneventful day... I’m heading to bed. Gnight!

Well, with not much going on and time slipping by, I shall

##vote @Caldias

for the reasons I mentioned above, and to attempt to get a conversation rolling.

22 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

##vote @Caldias

for the reasons I mentioned above, and to attempt to get a conversation rolling.

Except he didn’t redirect the train, he followed me onto Clon.

4 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Except he didn’t redirect the train, he followed me onto Clon.

Hmm. I sorta disagree. You voted somebody else, he attempted to go along with it. To me, the second and third votes are the ones responsible for forming/redirecting trains. Cal is still suspect for not voting to at least have a kill at the end of the day. A first vote can be left alone. But he added a second, at a time when it was highly unlikely that anybody else would be around to vote clon, let alone the two people we needed, and LP needed one vote only. Therefore, I hold him primarily responsible for the no-vote (though by withholding your vote from LP, you also have suspicion cast upon you).

You both cut it pretty close to the wire. With less than an hour left you voted, and he finally voted correctly with barely any time left. Had you been following the thread, you would have noticed that he had posted the time left further up that page. So, either you weren't following, and made a post that made it seem as if you were, or you were following and wanted to avoid the lynch. Both are suspect. I would vote either of you for it, but as I can't vote both, I'll stick with the one who was most procrastinatingly active at the end of D1.

29 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Hmm. I sorta disagree. You voted somebody else, he attempted to go along with it. To me, the second and third votes are the ones responsible for forming/redirecting trains. Cal is still suspect for not voting to at least have a kill at the end of the day. A first vote can be left alone. But he added a second, at a time when it was highly unlikely that anybody else would be around to vote clon, let alone the two people we needed, and LP needed one vote only. Therefore, I hold him primarily responsible for the no-vote (though by withholding your vote from LP, you also have suspicion cast upon you).

You both cut it pretty close to the wire. With less than an hour left you voted, and he finally voted correctly with barely any time left. Had you been following the thread, you would have noticed that he had posted the time left further up that page. So, either you weren't following, and made a post that made it seem as if you were, or you were following and wanted to avoid the lynch. Both are suspect. I would vote either of you for it, but as I can't vote both, I'll stick with the one who was most procrastinatingly active at the end of D1.

All of this is wrong.

A time when people were unlikely to be on? You mean, right at the deadline, when everyone should be on?

Also, your whole second paragraph is clearly meant to force a narrative. You list two options, neither of which are what happened but in conclusive language which is meant to exclude any other possibility. But it ignores the circumstances surrounding my vote, nor does it bother to examine the validity of it. And while it may not have been made with a ton of time on the clock, it is incumbent on the players to be available at deadline, save for LTD, cuz its like midnight for him.

Meanwhile, the vote on LP was, I believe, pretty clearly driven by scum. Attack the player vocally leading town. While I won’t discount that its possible I’m wrong, as a scum player should seek to look as town as possible, I had no issues with his position on D1 and I agree with his assessment that there is likely at least one scum on his train.

14 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

All of this is wrong.

A time when people were unlikely to be on? You mean, right at the deadline, when everyone should be on?

Should and likelihood of being there are two separate things. In most of the other games we have played, few people were around for the deadline.

Also, your whole second paragraph is clearly meant to force a narrative. You list two options, neither of which are what happened but in conclusive language which is meant to exclude any other possibility. But it ignores the circumstances surrounding my vote, nor does it bother to examine the validity of it. And while it may not have been made with a ton of time on the clock, it is incumbent on the players to be available at deadline, save for LTD, cuz its like midnight for him.

That is because that is how I see it. You might not have liked what was happening to LP, but that doesn't mean you change a vote with so little time to spare. I have had to vote a number of times for people I would prefer not to have on the evidence then at hand, but for the lack of time to find somebody else. At the very least his death would have revealed something useful to town. Right now, we do not even have that to go on. Thus, your changing your vote purely based on clon's edit and subsequent penalty seems to me like grasping at any chance to muddy the waters around LP with insufficient time on the clock for that to be beneficial to town.

Meanwhile, the vote on LP was, I believe, pretty clearly driven by scum. Attack the player vocally leading town. While I won’t discount that its possible I’m wrong, as a scum player should seek to look as town as possible, I had no issues with his position on D1 and

I disagree. It was not clear to me at the time, nor is it clear to me now. This sounds more like temporizing, in an attempt to shift blame. If it was so clear, why didn't you speak up? You didn't defend LP, even when he was at L-1 with 4 hours on the clock - i.e., the logical 'Shucks, only thing I can do' end of D1 lynch target.

I agree with his assessment that there is likely at least one scum on his train.

That there may or may not have been a scum on his train is, ultimately, irrelevant. The same could be true regardless of whether he was scum, as it is a good move for scum to vote the clearly doomed member to gain town credit. That in and of itself should have borne no weight with your decision to vote him, nor is it a good argument here.

Your D1 posts (below) are not those of somebody who believes that LP's train was clearly pushed by scum, nor of somebody who particularly has a vested interest in seeing somebody dead. You don't even mention clon as a target until he's easier to kill. I do not find these actions helpful to town or indicative of somebody actively searching for scum.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:24 PM, Madaghmire said:

##role confirmed

Welcome to the Jungle

On 8/29/2019 at 2:42 PM, Madaghmire said:

No the next line is “we got fun and games”.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, Madaghmire said:

We have three on LP, and one each on Matt, forty and Jabba

What do you mean? What experience?

On 8/30/2019 at 1:36 PM, Madaghmire said:

Well but what about regression to the mean?

That said, I liked Lord Preyer’s position, and I didn’t like Jabba’s sort of piggybacking onto it to justify the vote of someone who could be rallying town around them, and driving the vote. So I’m willing to see where this leads.

##vote Jabbawookie

On 8/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, Madaghmire said:

I don’t like any of that.

##unvote

##vote clontroper5

As you can see, pretty insubstantial. As a result of our conversation, I think I shall

##unvote

and

##vote @Madaghmire

for now, though @Caldias 's lack of defense concerns me.

Ah, I pushed you and you voted me in response. Totally a town move.

18 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Ah, I pushed you and you voted me in response. Totally a town move.

You didn't push me. I was pushing you, in a sense, and you did not adequately assuage my doubts. I voted you because I do not like what you are saying. Why should I vote you otherwise? You have not expressed suspicion of me, you have not indicated that you are investigating me - quite the opposite. And now you attempt to cast aspersions on my vote by claiming you pushed me , and my vote was retaliatory?

15 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

I have no idea, I never intentionally edited anything and don't remember it happening , I suspect i clicked edit inadvertently and then save instead of cancel.

But I do promise that I never changed anything that was said.

Thanks, clon. I appreciate you at least addressing this. Could be a misclick as you say but it looked like the best D1 suspect we had

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

##vote @Caldias

Understandable! I'm in inlaw **** until tomorrow so haven't been able to be as present. Happy to provide my perspective.

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

My intent was on voting LP, but once a better lead came out I figured it was worth getting information from clon at least before sentencing LP. LP's screed did and push for a quick lynch did seem a bit iffy, but not enough to condemn as for-sure scum. Clon's mystery edit seemed more egregious to me, as it could be he edited some phrasing that tipped his hand for being scum.

I thought I had more time to wait, and couldn't be locked on the phone. I asked for how much time so I knew how long I had before I had to switch back to LP, but unfortunately it was closer than I thought. Not having a clock makes it hard to keep track of the exact deadline. By the time I could check after Bertie answered it was 3 minutes after the deadline.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the vote happen, that's on me. Ghost is pushing Mads hard, and Mads reads the most town as he seems to be scum hunting, but I'm not sure if Ghost reads scum or just town who wants answers. Could go either way.

LTD has a pretty good reason for not helping swing the vote, but he also just sort of drops generic shade without much substance. Not sure what I think about him yet.

20 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You didn't push me. I was pushing you, in a sense, and you did not adequately assuage my doubts. I voted you because I do not like what you are saying. Why should I vote you otherwise? You have not expressed suspicion of me, you have not indicated that you are investigating me - quite the opposite. And now you attempt to cast aspersions on my vote by claiming you pushed me , and my vote was retaliatory?

You can call a recitation of fact casting aspersions, but it doesn’t make it so.

I don’t need to come out and say “oh man I’m totally looking at this scum guy over here” to push. My language in the third paragraph of the post you quoted in your vote post was plenty indicative.

Just now, The Jabbawookie said:

@Lord Preyer

"Are you town?"

@GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

GVIXshjrsinumcbfredtrf. hfpmepeypthbrtszcldrFSCjscptlelauses.

Im confused

7 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

You can call a recitation of fact casting aspersions, but it doesn’t make it so.

I don’t need to come out and say “oh man I’m totally looking at this scum guy over here” to push. My language in the third paragraph of the post you quoted in your vote post was plenty indicative.

And I contend that you are acting rather late for somebody to whom the guiding hand of scum was 'obvious' the previous day. You have not bothered to counter my accusations, you are merely ignoring them by claiming I am reacting to a push on your part. I find this scummy. The more you do so, the more I will, too.

8 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@Lord Preyer

"Are you town?"

7 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Im confused

I think they figured out some secret code in a previous forum game. Either that or they're great fakers

8 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@Lord Preyer

"Are you town?"

GHSIHNHLUDG?IENUCSTIHSJRAOZCDDPUBBMDFPQMPECPNMVMIDZTJNN.

7 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

GHSIHNHLUDG?IENUCSTIHSJRAOZCDDPUBBMDFPQMPECPNMVMIDZTJNN.

HBSJOOSIIMH;ISTJTTTZUONMWDIAUF.IEJTROOSBLKPWDEBDSTHFWHMLRVRDMYRBYRP.

Well I’m unwilling to allow whatever the **** this is. If its not an ability or a goof its well beyond the spirit of the game.

I’ll lead with

##vote ghostofnobodyinparticular

Since I already liked him for scum, and this didn’t help.