PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

@EliasWindrider What Sniper Rifles are available to request?

I know you hacked up at least one from the previous encounter so there should still be two of them, take one of those.

As someone with absolutely no knowledge of the military, I have to ask: how are sniper teams normally set up in RL?

Just now, Bellona said:

As someone with absolutely no knowledge of the military, I have to ask: how are sniper teams normally set up in RL?

From what little I know, a single sniper (though there are sometimes more) typically has a spotter and someone else to watch their back. A single sniper is very vulnerable if spotted, especially if he doesn't realize he's been spotted.

There are/were snipers who operated solo, like Carlos Hathcock and Simo Hayha, but it was extremely dangerous and typically in the wilds, not urban combat. I'm not sure if anybody does that anymore though.

19 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I know you hacked up at least one from the previous encounter so there should still be two of them, take one of those.

Can I confirm the stats?

9 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Can I confirm the stats?

You'll have to look back through the thread.

It was slow firing, and the laser sight adding a boost, had the scope that reduced the ed range, by had a custom grip... but if you go to Spanner he can drop what he's doing and adjust the grip to you in about 25 minutes.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider , what exactly are the Separatist "big guns"?

13 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Can I confirm the stats?

Try this post, plus our GM's follow-up post a couple of posts below it.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , what exactly are the Separatist "big guns"?

Varying sizes of big, there are a whole mess of the I think AAT tanks, there's these

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Octuptarra_magna_tri-droid ,

There's the hail fire droids for anti air

And there's artillery, though I don't know what they use for artillery.

9 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Try this post, plus our GM's follow-up post a couple of posts below it.

@MrTInce @EliasWindrider

The Custom Grip attachment will have to be "re-done"/replaced for any new user. This might slow down Ker'see's exit from the garrison.

Just now, Bellona said:

@MrTInce @EliasWindrider

The Custom Grip attachment will have to be "re-done"/replaced for any new user. This might slow down Ker'see's exit from the garrison.

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

but if you go to Spanner he can drop what he's doing and adjust the grip to you in about 25 minutes.

Just now, Bellona said:

@MrTInce @EliasWindrider

Spanner can do it in 25 minutes as a rush job.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ninja'd

17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Probably this: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/J-1_semi-autonomous_proton_cannon

So you're including vehicles in "big guns." Good to know.

Is this shield the sort that incinerates unprotected organics, or the sort they can easily pass through?

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Bumping in case you missed it.

Okay, I will head to spanner after I drop off my bow and collect the rifle.

Would it be possible remove the customer grip and replace it with a bipod?

Edited by MrTInce

@EliasWindrider @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev

With regard to potential distractions ... is this the part where OWK had his tea party with Loathsom?

Personally, I'm not wild with the idea of Mireska repeating that particular event ... among other reasons, she's not a good "face" character (at least, not for quite some XP). Aside from some tea-related distraction, the best that she could do is to drag out a discussion of medical treatment for POWs, etc. In short, Deception, Negotiation, Charm, and Coercion are not her strong suits.

What I am thinking of is offering Mireska's and Jorin's presence on the sabotage mission. Jedi would hopefully act as some sort of force multiplier (no pun intended) for the sabotage team. E.g., Reflect, Improved Reflect, Circle of Shelter, Guardian of the Republic, and plenty of strong Heal power applications (in Mireska's case).

Just now, Bellona said:

With regard to potential distractions ... is this the part where OWK had his tea party with Loathsom?

Please let's not repeat that particular performance. I'm not keen on war crimes.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

What I am thinking of is offering Mireska's and Jorin's presence on the sabotage mission. Jedi would hopefully act as some sort of force multiplier (no pun intended) for the sabotage team. E.g., Reflect, Improved Reflect, Circle of Shelter, Guardian of the Republic, and plenty of strong Heal power applications (in Mireska's case).

That makes sense given circumstances and was what I was expecting. Camo isn't a big fan of having Jedi tag along (for a variety of reasons), but I'm on board with it and it makes sense from a meta perspective.

10 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Please let's not repeat that particular performance. I'm not keen on war crimes.

I'm with you on that one. Due to my background, I'm particularly sensitive to violations of certain Vienna Conventions.

10 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That makes sense given circumstances and was what I was expecting. Camo isn't a big fan of having Jedi tag along (for a variety of reasons), but I'm on board with it and it makes sense from a meta perspective.

IC post in the works ... and done.

Edited by Bellona

Should I make a roll to get to a location safely?

On 8/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Bumping in case you missed it.

Sure that's the artillery.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Sure that's the artillery.

I was also referring to the shield. Is it the kind organics can walk through without difficulty?

On 8/30/2020 at 11:12 AM, MrTInce said:

Okay, I will head to spanner after I drop off my bow and collect the rifle.

Would it be possible remove the customer grip and replace it with a bipod?

Sure

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I was also referring to the shield. Is it the kind organics can walk through without difficulty?

Yes, sort of.... walk through with difficulty.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt

By the way, I just noticed that your CW AU characters on SWSheets still have Wounds taken (Current Wounds) listed.

I assume that Jorin is at 0 Wounds (otherwise Mireska would have reacted!), but is Camouflage still suffering from any Wounds taken on his recent recon jaunt?