PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Are there other starfighters the hangar?

Or other vehicles aside from the starfighter with the B1 pilot?

There's the g9 rigger.

EDIT: There's also a few high altitude speeder bikes.

Edited by EliasWindrider
Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Ventress used her one effortless counter per round on Mireska.... and she only takes 3 strain from the first parry, and 3 strain from the first reflect per round... since this is still the first round she won't be taking any more strain this round.

This attack from Chee'Okee is at the top of the second round.

Just now, Bellona said:

This attack from Chee'Okee is at the top of the second round.

Ok... sorry got behind... then yes to 3 strain and effortless counter.

6 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It won't do damage because Ventress has Parry 10 and FR 5 for Peerless Interception.

Ah, so this is an OP version of Ventress.... Not that Chee'Okee would know any different. I guess she will try something else on her next effort.

Edited by SuperWookie
1 hour ago, SuperWookie said:

Ah, so this is an OP version of Ventress.... Not that Chee'Okee would know any different. I guess she will try something else on her next effort.

I built her to be able to tank a PC party for a couple of rounds... I didn't she'd already be dead twice over (the two encounters she showed up in) just from Ker'see's initial ranged attacks

1 hour ago, SuperWookie said:

If you're curious, the PDF of the powered-up Ventress' character sheet (using OggDude's program) is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kekupd0h1ubzwt/Ventress.pdf/file

The original link is on OOC p. 98, with some ensuing discussion.

She's the main reason why (apart from the group losing the duellist-built Jedi players) Mireska re-specced out of her Healer and Doctor specs and took Niman and Peerless Interception earlier than originally planned. Otherwise Mireska would immediately become paste beneath Ventress' meatgrinding wheels. (Mireska's Healer role is now solely supported by her Heal power, and her Doctor role by her 4 skill ranks in Medicine.)

Okay, looking at Mireska's 12/17 WT, I figure that a quick Heal with various upgrades for both herself and Chee'Okee are in the cards (if the Force dice cooperate).

My assumption is that if both Chee'Okee and Mireska are Engaged with Ventress, then they are both also within Engaged range of each other.

On the off-chance that the dice deities will be merciful, I'll throw in the Medicine check for the CI-removal upgrade (although that will only go into effect if Mireska can reach Ker'see or Camouflage). Disoriented status adds +1 Setback to the Medicine check part of the CI-removal.

Action: Heal on herself and whoever else she can reach

Mid-combat Heal + upgrades on self + others, Disoriented : 4eF+4eP+3eD+1eS 4 successes, 2 threat, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png p-s.png p-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png d--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s--.png

... Okay, let's start unpacking those results ...

Sorry, not enough LS pips to activate the Range upgrades to reach Ker'see and Camouflage. Which means that the Medicine part of the check is completely moot.

1 LS pip to activate basic Heal (on self), 2 LS pips to activate the Magnitude upgrade once (Chee'Okee is affected) , and 1 LS pip to activate the Strength upgrades once. The Control: Strain and Control: Medicine upgrades are automatically included.

4 Intelligence + 4 Medicine ranks + 2 (Strength 2) = 10 Wounds removed and 10 Strain removed from both Mireska and @SuperWookie / Chee'Okee (leaving Chee'Okee at 0/15 WT and 0/21 ST). This counts against the 5/day combined limit for stimpacks and Heals.

This leaves Mireska at 2/17 WT and 0/17 ST, and her Disoriented (+1 Setback) status will last for 2 more rounds .

Incidental: activate Magnetic Weapon Tether to retrieve her lightsabre.

Incidental: re-activate her lightsabre.

Manoeuvre: re-activate Supreme Centre of Being 3 (all attacks against Mireska have their critical rating increased by 3).

Sense upgrades are still working with 1 comitted Force die ( first two attacks against Mireska have their difficulties upgraded twice ).

Peerless Interception (including all upgrades except for Critical Counter) is still working with a current FR 4, to protect both herself and Chee'Okee (via Guardian of the Republic).

Edited by Bellona
Forgot to add Guardian of the Republic reminder.

@SuperWookie

As soon as you get Chee'Okee's round 2 turn posted in the IC thread, then I can post Mireska's round 2 turn.

Mireska's action choices were based on Chee'Okee remaining Engaged with Ventress. If you decide to move Chee'Okee out of that range, then Mireska might not be able to affect Chee'Okee.

I could assist someone with my maneuver and give them a Boost die, or I could take the guarded stance and go up to 4 melee defense.

7 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

I could assist someone with my maneuver and give them a Boost die, or I could take the guarded stance and go up to 4 melee defense.

Unless one of us is at risk of immediate death, I think that our best bet is to keep Ventress distracted until Jorin gets away with Rotta. I suggest that Chee'Okee goes with the guarded stance option. Mireska has both Peerless Interception and Guardian of the Republic running, so she should be able to prevent the worst of the damage to both herself and Chee'Okee.

*crosses fingers in hope that she's correct*

As I am next and can only take an action I want Ker'see to shoot the ceiling above Ventress to drop some debris on her. Is this standard difficulty?

18 hours ago, MrTInce said:

As I am next and can only take an action I want Ker'see to shoot the ceiling above Ventress to drop some debris on her. Is this standard difficulty?

Hitting the ceiling above her is standard difficulty, knocking something loose and getting it to hit her her, is 2 purple harder than hitting her directly (before application of adversary). The damage you'll do is the same as using move hurl on a sil 0 object (5 plus successes)

Not maneuvers to aim, no boosts due to scattered senses so Ker'see will shoot the ceiling. That'll be:

Shooting the ceiling! : 3eP+3eA+3eF+3eC+1eD 1 success, 5 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f-f.png d--.png

Will turn those lightside to success to make it 9 damage with a sil 0 object. I know she has a soak of 6 so will this hurt her or will she reflect it?

If it hurts her would the crit rating be the same as Ker'see's bow?

If it doesn't hurt her can I use the advantages to upgrade the size of the debris to sil 1 or 2?

Ok then, Chee'Okee takes guarded stance with her maneuver and will be at 4 melee defense and 1 upgrade of difficulty against her due to Sense, twice during the round (in case droids shoot at her or Ventress attack twice somehow). I'll go ahead and take 1 strain to use the incidental of Improved Center of being to increase melee critical ratings of weapons used against her by 1.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:45 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Correct on not committing and taking the last npc slot next round.

My plan was to let @RuusMarev /Jorin fly out of the hanger while Ventress was occupied with you guys. So it's ready as soon as Jorin has dealt with the droid.

What kind of fighter is being used ?

(Were we already told? I might have missed it..)

On 1/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, RuusMarev said:

What kind of fighter is being used ?

(Were we already told? I might have missed it..)

Ventress's personal fighter, stats won't be relevant to the adventure as she can't catch you in the rigger, you just need to dock in the acclimator and the objective is achieved.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Jorin Brawl the droid from the cockpit : 3eA+3eF+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png d-th.png

Alright, the droid is extricated from the fighter..Unless I can hop in and begin pre-flight or begin flying, I guess I'm done?

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin Brawl the droid from the cockpit : 3eA+3eF+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png d-th.png

Alright, the droid is extricated from the fighter..Unless I can hop in and begin pre-flight or begin flying, I guess I'm done?

You've got Maneuvers left, so you could mount the fighter as a Maneuver. That way you can use your Action and Maneuver next turn to fly away.

Initiative order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T
  • Mireska 8s4a
  • Ker'see 7s1a
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (4)5w 2s1a
  • B2c(5)2w

@RuusMarev , since we're waiting on @MrTInce to post IC and for @EliasWindrider to take Asajj Ventress's turn, you'll have to wait on Jorin's turn. The first three PC slots have already been taken.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

I'm waiting for @EliasWindrider to answer my questions about my attack.

10 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Initiative order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T
  • Mireska 8s4a
  • Ker'see 7s1a
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (4)5w 2s1a
  • B2c(5)2w

@RuusMarev , since we're waiting on @MrTInce to post IC and for @EliasWindrider to take Asajj Ventress's turn, you'll have to wait on Jorin's turn. The first three PC slots have already been taken.

Assaj is taking the last turn in the round. You can roll for a droid minion group in her original slot.

10 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I'm waiting for @EliasWindrider to answer my questions about my attack.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:23 PM, MrTInce said:

Not maneuvers to aim, no boosts due to scattered senses so Ker'see will shoot the ceiling. That'll be:

Shooting the ceiling! : 3eP+3eA+3eF+3eC+1eD 1 success, 5 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f-f.png d--.png

Will turn those lightside to success to make it 9 damage with a sil 0 object. I know she has a soak of 6 so will this hurt her or will she reflect it?

If it hurts her would the crit rating be the same as Ker'see's bow?

If it doesn't hurt her can I use the advantages to upgrade the size of the debris to sil 1 or 2?

She'll reflect... but you can instead use the advantage and white pips to put 4 setback on her next action.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

She'll reflect... but you can instead use the advantage and white pips to put 4 setback on her next action.

Would it be possible to negate her defenses bonuses as well as some set back?

6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Would it be possible to negate her defenses bonuses as well as some set back?

You could add 4 boost to the next PC for 4 advantage and 2 setback for 2 advantage each, which effectively does that for 1 pc (btw you really should have included her defense in the last roll because you were trying to hit her with a piece of the ceiling but I'll let it slide this time)

So two setback to Ventress and 4 boosts to the next PC to attack Ventress.