PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@MrTInce , currently we do not know that there are also droids with her, so that would be useful intel please.

@EliasWindrider , you do not mention a ship. Is that an oversight, or because there isn't one?

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@MrTInce , currently we do not know that there are also droids with her, so that would be useful intel please.

@EliasWindrider , you do not mention a ship. Is that an oversight, or because there isn't one?

I thought I mentioned it the last time he/she (@MrTince /Ker'see) used farsight.... and was just not repeating information that I already gave him/her... unless I forgot to tell him/her that last time

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

I thought I mentioned it the last time he/she (@MrTince /Ker'see) used farsight.... and was just not repeating information that I already gave him/her... unless I forgot to tell him/her that last time

Ah, I forgot.

24 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Good point.

Aren't there still some AA canons active on the far side of the monastery?

That could be bad for the larties, unless they manage to take out the canons first ...

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Aren't there still some AA canons active on the far side of the monastery?

That could be bad for the larties, unless they manage to take out the canons first ...

No, they were all in the courtyard. Elias changed his mind after receiving input.

Just a heads up for everyone with regard to the timing of the upcoming encounter: I'll be unavailable from roughly 14:00 to 24:00 CET tomorrow (Saturday, 5/12 ... uh, by that I mean 5 December).

Just in case things first starting rolling again during that period, I've made some dice rolls below to cover some possible situations with Mireska (the GM can just roll any opposing dice and potential assisting/passed on Boosts as needed).

Current Destiny Pool: 5 LS vs 4 DS. Mireska still has one Peerless Interception available for this session (which covers only Teth?), so please leave her at least one LS destiny point for that! :)

Perception while looking around for danger/hidden droids/booby traps ...

Perception w. Farsight power upgrade : 2eA+5eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-a.png a-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Final Results (using 4 LS pips for +4 Successes) : 5 Successes, 2 Advantages ... note that this is without any opposing dice yet.

Vigilance for something similar (if necessary) ...

Vigilance w. Farsight upgrade (if necessary) : 4eA+5eF 1 success, 5 advantage, 4 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-a-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png

Final Results (using 4 LS pips for +4 Successes) : 5 Successes, 5 Advantages ... note that this is without any opposing dice yet.

Initiative check for Mireska if required during that period (or earlier!) ...

Initiative (using Cool plus Foresee power upgrade) : 1eP+2eA+5eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 5 Dark Side
p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a--.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

Final Results (using 2 LS pips for +2 Successes) : 4 Successes, 2 Advantages.

@P-47 Thunderbolt can you work in a non violent but freaky encounter with b'omarr monks

https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/B'omarr_Monk who provide some informational assistance about how to save the huttling, maybe as faster route or something.

40 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt can you work in a non violent but freaky encounter with b'omarr monks

https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/B'omarr_Monk who provide some informational assistance about how to save the huttling, maybe as faster route or something.

The B'omarr had abandoned this monastery, and also would be unlikely to communicate with the party based on my understanding of them. They are technically capable of communicating through telepathy, but I think it would be unlikely even if they were here. It isn't beyond the pale to say that they are here, but it would be a violation of Canon/Legends.

If you really want me to do it, I might be able to work something out, but you are probably in a better situation to do it than I am because you know what you want.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The B'omarr had abandoned this monastery, and also would be unlikely to communicate with the party based on my understanding of them. They are technically capable of communicating through telepathy, but I think it would be unlikely even if they were here. It isn't beyond the pale to say that they are here, but it would be a violation of Canon/Legends.

If you really want me to do it, I might be able to work something out, but you are probably in a better situation to do it than I am because you know what you want.

This whole game is a violation of Canon and Legends lol

4 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

This whole game is a violation of Canon and Legends lol

Shh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The b'omarr built jabba's palace on tatooine as a monastery and didn't resist when jabba moved in so he let them stay in the sublevels.... if memory serves a b'omarr monk spider droid appeared in rotj in jabba's palace and someone fleshed that out into the b'omarr order.

Therefore the b'omarr order wouldn't have resisted when the separatists took over this monastery either and I'm assuming they were allowed to stay here too.

But speakers on the spider droid brain transporter rather than telepathy.

13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The b'omarr built jabba's palace on tatooine as a monastery and didn't resist when jabba moved in so he let them stay in the sublevels.... if memory serves a b'omarr monk spider droid appeared in rotj in jabba's palace and someone fleshed that out into the b'omarr order.

Therefore the b'omarr order wouldn't have resisted when the separatists took over this monastery either and I'm assuming they were allowed to stay here too.

But speakers on the spider droid brain transporter rather than telepathy.

Yeah, that's the case for Jabba's palace. However, the Teth monastery was already abandoned. It was taken over by smugglers and subsequently abandoned, then the Separatists moved in later.

You're better set to do it than I am, as I don't really know what you want.

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yeah, that's the case for Jabba's palace. However, the Teth monastery was already abandoned. It was taken over by smugglers and subsequently abandoned, then the Separatists moved in later.

You're better set to do it than I am, as I don't really know what you want

I didn't know that... we can move the freaky b'omarr encounter to jabba's palace when you drop off the huttling.

Btw part of our campaign became cannon today on the mandalorian episode that dropped on Disney+... jango was a foundling adopted by mandos.

35 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I didn't know that... we can move the freaky b'omarr encounter to jabba's palace when you drop off the huttling.

Btw part of our campaign became cannon today on the mandalorian episode that dropped on Disney+... jango was a foundling adopted by mandos.

uh oh.. spoilers... now I need to watch tonight, lol

(Awesome episode :D )

Alright, so how're things going for us..?

Are we noticing any droids along our path, like canon, or are the alcoves and side corridors empty?

8 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

(Awesome episode :D )

Alright, so how're things going for us..?

Are we noticing any droids along our path, like canon, or are the alcoves and side corridors empty?

Next encounter is in the hanger.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Next encounter is in the hanger.

When is that likely to occur in RL?

(Not pushing, just trying to figure out my own scheduling.)

17 minutes ago, Bellona said:

When is that likely to occur in RL?

(Not pushing, just trying to figure out my own scheduling.)

..right after Jorin breaks the forth wall? :D :D

Who would benefit the most from me using Imbue on them? It would increase a characteristic by 1 point until I stop committing a Force dice to the effect.

I know characteristics don't mean anything to avoid being hit, but whomever thinks they are going to be up close and personal to Ventress might want the improved accuracy with their attack stat?

I am wanting to try to roll for it while we are out of combat, to see if I need to try again later (give myself more than one chance) so that I don't load up on Conflict to activate it.

6 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

Who would benefit the most from me using Imbue on them? It would increase a characteristic by 1 point until I stop committing a Force dice to the effect.

I know characteristics don't mean anything to avoid being hit, but whomever thinks they are going to be up close and personal to Ventress might want the improved accuracy with their attack stat?

Of the Jedi - who are probably the most likely to mix it up with Ventress - I would suggest +1 Cunning for Jorin, as he's narratively the junior Jedi ("Protect the padawan!" :) ).

Otherwise ... Mireska is the least combat-oriented (+1 Willpower to help her lightsabre combat checks and the like would not be unwelcome).

Imbue : 3eF 4 Light Side
f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Finally! Some luck! Going to use the 4 Light Side results to activate Imbue and increase the Range to Medium for the duration. Committing two Force dice in order to sustain the effect.

@RuusMarev , Jorin will get +1 Cunning for this following encounter with Ventress.

For Chee'Okee directly, she will commit her third, and final, Force die to activate Sense's ongoing effect of increasing difficulty of combat checks against her (up to twice per turn), just in case Ventress comes down the corridor and finds her.

10 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Imbue : 3eF 4 Light Side
f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Finally! Some luck! Going to use the 4 Light Side results to activate Imbue and increase the Range to Medium for the duration. Committing two Force dice in order to sustain the effect.

@RuusMarev , Jorin will get +1 Cunning for this following encounter with Ventress.

my powers have doubled since the last time we met, count - Album on Imgur