PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Just now, SuperWookie said:

Easy solution would be to tell her the AT-TE is already in place and should be equally as effective? We have the same Knowledge (Warfare) pool, even though you have more ranks. It actually plays well against invested skill points that their solutions are the same, but ARC-65 has more experience with a 3 ranks.

That makes sense. :)

OOH... I just realized. When you said "unload" I thought you were talking about literally unloading troops, you just meant going "ALL! GUNS! ALL GUNS BLAZING!!"

Oops. :D

So, the Sense Danger talent... says remove two setback from ANY one skill check. Does it have to be my own? I was thinking of coming up to the doors with ARC-65 and aiding his checks (either with Encouraging Words, and with Sense Danger if it applies).

2 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

So, the Sense Danger talent... says remove two setback from ANY one skill check. Does it have to be my own? I was thinking of coming up to the doors with ARC-65 and aiding his checks (either with Encouraging Words, and with Sense Danger if it applies).

It doesn't say "or an ally's skill check" in the long description

*shrugs*

I thought about that after I typed, but never hurts to ask the player vets. Regardless, Encouraging Words is worth following him to the door to use.

3 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Just now, Bellona said:

It doesn't say "or an ally's skill check" in the long description

*shrugs*

It's "Active (Incidental)" not "Active (Incidental, Out-of-Turn)."

@SuperWookie , Camo would also benefit from assistance. He's only got 2 Intellect, so Chee'Okee could provide an upgrade pushing the pool to YYYG (Mechanics) or YYY (Computers) depending on which skill is being used.

@EliasWindrider , what's the skill and difficulty to slice the lock?

Assist from FaD book is saying I would only provide a Boost die? Is the upgrade rule from a different assisting method?

Assist from FaD book is saying I would only provide a Boost die? Is the upgrade rule from a different assisting method?

Skilled Assistance. If you have a higher Characteristic or Skill than the assisted character, they use your skill or characteristic instead.

So if the acting character has 3 in the skill and 2 in the Characteristic and the assisting character has 0 in the skill and 3 in the Characteristic, you combine to get 3 in the skill and 3 in the Characteristic.

By the way, when building a high-XP character, it's never worth spending XP to raise a Characteristic to 4. Instead, raise Characteristics to 3 and then use Dedications to raise Characteristics to 4. You'll save 10 XP.

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Mireska has Intellect 4/Mechanics 2.

Jorin has Intellect 3/Mechanics 3 (and can add +3 Force dice if he's the active character).

Edited by Bellona
3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

By the way, when building a high-XP character, it's never worth spending XP to raise a Characteristic to 4. Instead, raise Characteristics to 3 and then use Dedications to raise Characteristics to 4. You'll save 10 XP.

I only had one point to go up from Willpower 3 anyways lol

I only had one point to go up from Willpower 3 anyways lol

*Shrug* still 10 XP.

If you raised Agility, Intellect, and Presence with 90 XP, then Willpower and Cunning with Dedication, rather than Agility, Presence, and Willpower for 100 XP and Intellect and Cunning with Dedication.

I guess I could put those 10 points into some skills if @EliasWindrider gives me the chance to take your advice @P-47 Thunderbolt .

23 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@SuperWookie , if I'm understanding you right, you're saying load up in a LAAT, fly into the hallway, then deploy? I'm also not entirely clear if Camo is being given a direct order phrased as a request or if he's being asked his opinion.

@EliasWindrider , is that even possible?

No

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

No

That was actually a misunderstanding, but we've settled on a plan. What's the difficulty to slice the door?

22 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@SuperWookie , Camo would also benefit from assistance. He's only got 2 Intellect, so Chee'Okee could provide an upgrade pushing the pool to YYYG (Mechanics) or YYY (Computers) depending on which skill is being used.

@EliasWindrider , what's the skill and difficulty to slice the lock?

3 purple

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

3 purple

Computers? Mechanics?

22 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Skilled Assistance. If you have a higher Characteristic or Skill than the assisted character, they use your skill or characteristic instead.

So if the acting character has 3 in the skill and 2 in the Characteristic and the assisting character has 0 in the skill and 3 in the Characteristic, you combine to get 3 in the skill and 3 in the Characteristic.

Unless the characteristic is willpower or brawn because you can get an extra point of strain threshold or wound threshold but that may or may not be worth it depending on the specifics

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Computers? Mechanics?

Your pick

22 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

I guess I could put those 10 points into some skills if @EliasWindrider gives me the chance to take your advice @P-47 Thunderbolt .

If you want to sure but... but starting willpower and brawn provide extra strain/wound threshold respectively so maybe you don't want to change.

Mechanics with Master Artisan and Skilled Assistance (3 Intellect): Knock knock... : 3eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure, 4 advantage
p-a.png p-a.png p-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Good grief. 5 Advantage with the tool kit. I'll recover 2 Strain and pass a pair of Boost to my second attempt. @EliasWindrider , I can just reattempt it, right?

I'm gonna go ahead and roll it, still assisted by Chee'Okee: Knock knock... : 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png b-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png d--.png

That's better. What can I do with the Advantage and Triumph?

46 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you want to sure but... but starting willpower and brawn provide extra strain/wound threshold respectively so maybe you don't want to change.

Those do not increase when you raise the characteristic?

Those do not increase when you raise the characteristic?

No, they don't increase by Brawn/Willpower increases after CharGen. Soak does, though. Just not WT and ST. You can only increase them through Toughened and Grit, respectively.

I am fine with just staying like I am. It won't change much, and would just be a lessons learned since this is only my second character ever :)