PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Jorin v Deka-3 : 3eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-f-th.png + 1 Advantage (6 total)

Ok, let's see if I can figure this out: First hit, 7 damage, Linked 1 adds another 7, Breach 2 negates the Deka's Soak.. so 14 damage, taking out Deka-3 in two strokes. (I believe Link activated with a single Advantage, correct?)

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Jorin v Deka-3 : 3eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-f-th.png + 1 Advantage (6 total)

Ok, let's see if I can figure this out: First hit, 7 damage, Linked 1 adds another 7, Breach 2 negates the Deka's Soak.. so 14 damage, taking out Deka-3 in two strokes. (I believe Link activated with a single Advantage, correct?)

Linked requires 2 Advantage unless there is a peculiarity with the weapon.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Linked requires 2 Advantage unless there is a peculiarity with the weapon.

No, that's cool, just making sure! :)

so, I have 4 Advantages to pass out boosts to whomever needs them :)

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

A couple more questions about the map layout ...

Does the thick black line runing across the map represent the edge of the cliff below the landing platform and monastery?

Is north towards the top of the map? (I'm asking because Poe's statement about securing the "northeast" in your IC post made it sound like that the top of the map is actually towards the east.)

Oops, I missed this.

The think black line is the wall between the landing pad and the courtyard.

East is the top of the map, so the right of the map is the south and the bottom of the map is the west. I decide to throw in some randomness regarding directions every now and again so that not everything is at the same time of day or oriented in the same direction. :)

@EliasWindrider , do you want me to play the droid NPCs as well as the clones? If so, I'll go ahead and work on playing out the rest of the initiative order.

4 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

No, that's cool, just making sure! :)

so, I have 4 Advantages to pass out boosts to whomever needs them :)

You're in Short range of Camo, so if you spend 2 Advantage (or 2 Strain) to move into cover, you'll get +2 Soak.

Then the other 2 Advantage could be used to give a Boost to someone in particular (anyone in mind?).

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You're in Short range of Camo, so if you spend 2 Advantage (or 2 Strain) to move into cover, you'll get +2 Soak.

Sounds good for now.. :D

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Then the other 2 Advantage could be used to give a Boost to someone in particular (anyone in mind?).

the next Clone group. I think they could use it more than us :D (it also gives Jorin a chance to help his men)

Initiative order and participant roster:

1. * Mireska - 8s2a
  2. * Camouflage - 4s2a
  3. *Varactyl Squad - 3s3a1T
  4. *Sgt. Poe - 3s1a *(Jorin)
  5. *Sgt. Raven - 3s1a *(Sgt. Poe)
  6. *Clone minion group 1 (6) - 2s1a *(Sgt. Raven)
  7. *Clone minion group 2 (5) - 2s
  8. Droideka A - 2s
  9. B1 minion group A (6) - 2s
  10. Jorin - 1s4a1T (Clone Minion group 1 [6])
  11. Clone miníon group 3 (5) - 1s2a
  12. B1 Supervisor A - 1s1a
  13. Droideka B - 1s
  14. Droideka C - 1s
  15. B2 minion group A (6) - 2a
  16. B2 minion group B (6) - 2a
  17. B1 minion group B (6) - 2a
  18. B1 minion group C (6) - 2a
  19. B1 minion group D (6) - 2a
  20. B1 Supervisor B - 1a
  21. B2 minion group C (6) - 1a
  22. B2 minion group D (6) - 1a
  23. B1 minion group E (6) - 1a
  24. B1 minion group F (6) - 1a
  25. B1 minion group G (6) - 1a
  26. B1 minion group H (6) - 1a
  27. Droideka D - 0s
  28. B1 minion group I (6) - 0s
  29. B1 minion group J (6) - 0s

Sergeant Poe:
Lands at Short from Deka-4, B1a, B2c, and the Northeast J-1.
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot the Droideka: Shooting at the Droideka : 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a--.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png d-th-th.png

Hits for 13 damage with Pierce 1, dealing 9 wounds to the droideka. With the 3 Advantage, he'll trigger a crit: Critical Injury : 1d100 59 59 - Agonizing Wound: Increase the difficulty of all Brawn and Agility-based checks once.

Sergeant Raven:
Lands at Short from Deka-4, B1a, B2c, and the Northeast J-1.
Maneuver: Tactical Direction (Boost)
Action: Shoot the Droideka: Shooting at the Droideka : 2eP+1eA+1eD 1 success
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png d-f-th.png

And it's enough. That's one more droideka down.

Clone Minion group 2 (5): droid popper vs. B2s: Droid Poppers : 3eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png

It's enough! Triggers Blast and per the houserule, takes out all the B2s.

@EliasWindrider , do you want me to run the droids?

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

@RuusMarev , oops, sorry, didn't mean to post out of order. I forgot you hadn't posted yet. *Shrug* guess it doesn't make all that much of a difference though.

@RuusMarev , oops, sorry, didn't mean to post out of order. I forgot you hadn't posted yet. *Shrug* guess it doesn't make all that much of a difference though.

all good :D

@EliasWindrider , @MrTInce , @SuperWookie , I suggest that we have the reinforcements arrive at the end of round two. We ought to be able to secure or almost secure all of the cannons by then.

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , @MrTInce , @SuperWookie , I suggest that we have the reinforcements arrive at the end of round two. We ought to be able to secure or almost secure all of the cannons by then.

Sounds good to me :)

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

Mireska will land beside Droideka A/Deka-1 on the landing platform. (I'm assuming that the closest that she can get to an enemy when landing is Short range.)

Incidental: use Quick Draw talent on lightsabre .

Incidental: activate lightsabre.

Manoeuvre: activate Centre of Being 3 talent (Supreme version: all attacks against Mireska increase the requirement for their Critical rating by +3 ; lasts until the start of her next turn).

Action: Draw Closer talent vs. Droideka A/Deka-1. Since the droideka is neither a Nemesis nor a named plot-important Rival, I'm assuming that it does not get an attempt to resist Mireska's roll.

Draw Closer, little Droideka!: vs. unprepared Droideka A/Deka-1 : 2eP+2eA+4eF+2eD 1 success, 2 Light Side, 5 Dark Side
p--.png p-a.png a-a.png a-s.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-th.png d-th.png

(Not a blinding success, but better than previous encounters ...)

Final Result (1 LS pip to move droideka into Engaged range, 1 LS pip to add +1 Advantage, LSa adds +1 Success and +1 Advantage) : 2 Successes, 2 Advantages vs. Engaged Droideka A.

2 Successes + 7 base damage = 9 damage plus Breach 2 (ignores Soak 5) = 9 Wounds taken by Droideka A/Deka-1.

2 Advantages spent to activate Sunder quality twice vs. Droideka A's built-in heavy blasters, bringing them from Undamaged through Minor to Moderate damage. This means that Droideka A/Deka-1 now requires a Daunting Gunnery check to make a Fire Sweep action (or +1 Difficulty to use the heavy blasters in a non-Fire Sweep attack).

Incidental: activate Portable Plasma Shield. (Mireska's Defences are now 4/4.)

Mireska is now ready to use Reflect/Parry (also Improved versions), spend 1 LS destiny point for Peerless Interception if necessary, and Circle of Shelter/Guardian of the Republic if there are attacks made against any ally who happens to be within Engaged range.

Remaining troops in landing platform area:

• Droideka A/Deka-1 ( Wounds = 9/12, its built-in blasters now require Daunting Gunnery for Fire Sweep or +1 Difficulty for non-Fire Sweep attack )
  • Supervisor-1
  • B2a (6)
  • B1f (6)
  • B1g (6)
  • B1h (6)

Due to RL demanding my attention, I'll put up an "empty" IC post now to indicate where I'll add a proper description later this evening (my time).

ETA: Due to some unexpected free time, I'll work on the IC post now ... and it's done.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Couldn't you take 2 Advantage from Light Side pips and trigger Sunder thrice, rendering the weapons inoperable with Major damage?

Niman only lets you add successes with white pips not advantage.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oops, I missed this.

The think black line is the wall between the landing pad and the courtyard.

East is the top of the map, so the right of the map is the south and the bottom of the map is the west. I decide to throw in some randomness regarding directions every now and again so that not everything is at the same time of day or oriented in the same direction. :)

@EliasWindrider , do you want me to play the droid NPCs as well as the clones? If so, I'll go ahead and work on playing out the rest of the initiative order.

Sure.

51 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ok

See spoiler text at the bottom for summary and PC-specific results

Some minor rearranging here to keep things cohesive.

Droideka A (Deka-1):
Maneuver: Move to Short from Mireska
Action: Shoot at Mireska (Setback from Minor damage): Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+1eA+1eD+5eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png d--.png s--.png s-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png

Ouch, that's 14 damage with Pierce 1, which comes out to 6 wounds past Soak+Reflect. 14-(2+3)=9, 9-(Soak-1)=6.
With the Threat, it'll take a strain (wound) when trying to get away.

B1a(6):
Action: Shoot at CMg2(5): Shooting at the Clones : 2eP+3eA+1eB+1eD 5 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png
They do not trigger a crit, but they deal enough damage (14-5=9) to take out one clone.

Clone Minion group 1 (6):
The rest of Poe's squad lands at Short from B1a(6) and the cannon.
Action: Auto-fire: Auto-Fire : 3eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s.png a-a-a.png a-s.png b-s.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png
Pass on a Boost and deal 12 damage with Pierce 1, which does 9 damage past Soak and takes out one.

Clone Minion group 3 (5):
Action: Auto-fire: Auto-Fire : 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 2 failures, 4 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png p-a.png a--.png b-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Huh. Not sure what to do with that. Let's see...
2 Advantage to give the droids a Setback. With a Triumph, they'll trigger the "drop weapon" as a different way of framing disrupting the droids' formation and robbing them of their next Maneuver. With the other Triumph, they'll upgrade the difficulty of the next enemy check and they'll use the remaining 2 Advantage for a free Maneuver to engage the droids. (Meaning that the droids lose their Maneuver and increase the difficulty twice)
I'm going to fluff it as the clones bum-rushing the droids to grapple with them, since that's the effect it had even if the way of getting to it was a bit... wonky.

Supervisor-2:
Maneuver: Coordinate and Confuse (targeting B1b/Jorin)
Action: Shoot at Jorin (I'm going to presume Jorin uses Dodge): Shooting at Jorin : 2eP+1eC+1eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p-s.png c-f-th.png s--.png
Takes a strain (wound) as it stresses its circuits, but deals 11 damage. 11-(2+4)=5, 5-(Soak+2)=-1. Jorin takes 0 wounds, but 4 Strain (Dodge+Reflect).

For ease, I'm going to have B1b go now:
Action: Shoot at Jorin (Upgrade from C&C, Upgrade in difficulty from Dodge): Shooting at Jorin : 3eP+1eB+1eC+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s.png b-a-a.png c-th-th.png s-f.png
12-(2+4)=6, 6-(Soak+2)=0. Jorin takes 0 wounds, but 4 Strain (Dodge+Reflect).
Boost to next with the Advantage.

Deka-2:
Maneuver: Deploy
Action: Fire Sweep: Fire Sweep : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png
Forgot a die: forgot a die : 1eB 1 success
b-s.png
No change. Passes on a Boost.

B1 Supervisor-1:
Maneuver: Coordinate and Confuse (B2a/Mireska)
Action: Shoot at Mireska: Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+1eB+1eD+4eS 0 successes, 1 threat
p-a.png p-s-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png s--.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png
Takes a Strain (wound).

B2a (6):
Action: Shoot at Mireska: Shooting at Mireska : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eD+4eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p--.png p-s-s.png p-s.png a-s.png b--.png d--.png s-f.png s--.png s-f.png s-th.png
You got sooo lucky there. 12 damage incoming. 12-(2+3)=7, 7-Soak=3 wounds.
Pass on a Boost.

B1f (6):
Action: Shoot at Mireska: Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+3eA+2eB+1eD+4eS 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png a--.png a-a.png a-a-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-th.png
Forgot a die (medium range): forgot a die : 1eD 0 successes, 2 threat
d-th-th.png
With the Triumph they'll upgrade the difficulty of Mireska's next check.

B1g (6):
Action: Shoot at Mireska: Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+3eA+1eD+4eS 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a--.png d-th.png s-th.png s--.png s-th.png s--.png
Forgot a die: forgot a die : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png
Ouch. That's 13 damage. 13-(2+3)=8, 8-Soak=4 wounds.

Boost to next, Setback to Mireska.

B1h (6):
Action: Shoot at Mireska: Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+3eA+2eB+1eD+4eS 2 successes
p-a.png p-s.png a-s-a.png a--.png a--.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png s-f.png s-th.png s--.png s-th.png
11 damage. 11-(2+3)=6, 6-Soak=2.

B2b (6):
Maneuver: Move to Short.
Action: Shoot at Camouflage: Shooting at Camouflage : 3eP+2eA+1eC+2eS 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png c-d.png s--.png s-f.png
13 damage and a crit, so 13-(Soak+2)=5 wounds.
With the Despair, their blasters are damaged one step, adding a Setback to all combat checks made with them.
Crit: Critical Injury : 1d100 10 10 - Slowed Down: The target can only act during the last allied initiative slot on his turn.

B1c (6):
Maneuver: Move to the cannon.
Second Maneuver: Mount the cannon (ready to fire on next turn)

B1d (6):
Maneuver: Move to the cannon.
Second Maneuver: Mount the cannon (ready to fire on next turn)

B1e (6):
Maneuver: Move forward to Medium range of either side.
Action: Shoot at CMg2: Shooting at the Clones : 2eP+3eA+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png
Free Maneuver: Aim

B1i (6):
Maneuver: Move to Short from clones on Northeast side.
Action: Shoot at Sergeant Poe: Shooting at Poe : 2eP+3eA+1eC 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a.png a--.png a-a.png a-a-a.png c-th.png
Ouch. 10 damage. 10-Soak=5 wounds.
Crit with the 3 Advantage and hobble him with the Triumph.
Crit: Critical Injury : 1d100 13 13 - Sudden Jolt: The target drops whatever is in hand.

B1j (6)
Maneuver: Move to Short from Camouflage, Varactyl Squad, and Jorin.
Action: Shoot at Varacytl Squad: Shooting at Varactyl Squad : 2eP+3eA+1eD+1eS 0 successes
p--.png p-s.png a--.png a--.png a-s-s.png d-f-f.png s-f.png
Wow that was lucky. Cover really came in handy there.

@Bellona /Mireska: 15 wounds, 12 strain (Reflect x4). 1 Setback and an upgrade in difficulty to her next check. I'd suggest a hasty retreat and some healing.
@RuusMarev /Jorin: 0 wounds, 8 strain (Reflect x2, Dodge x2).
Camouflage takes 5 wounds and a crit: Easy - Slowed Down: Target can only act in the last allied initiative slot on his next turn.

The droids on the platform focused all their fire on Mireska, and she barely stayed up. Deka-2 is the only Droideka deployed, currently. B1a and the third Clone minion group are engaged (hence the box). The rest should be clear from the IC post and the updated map.

Initiative order and participant roster for round 2:

1. Mireska - 8s2a
  2. Camouflage - 4s2a
  3. Varactyl Squad - 3s3a1T
  4. Sgt. Poe - 3s1a
  5. Sgt. Raven - 3s1a
  6. Clone minion group 1 (6) - 2s1a
  7. Clone minion group 2 (4, 4 wounds) - 2s
  8. Deka-1 (11 wounds) - 2s
  9. B1a (5, 4 wounds) - 2s
  10. Jorin - 1s4a1T
  11. Clone minion group 3 (5) - 1s2a (Last allied initiative slot, Camouflage)
  12. B1 Supervisor-1 (1 wound) - 1s1a
  13. Deka-2 - 1s
  14. B2a (6) - 2a
  15. B2b (6) - 2a
  16. B1b (4, 1 wound) - 2a
  17. B1c (6) - 2a
  18. B1d (6) - 2a
  19. B1 Supervisor-2 (1 wound) - 1a
  20. B1e (6) - 1a
  21. B1f (6) - 1a
  22. B1g (6) - 1a
  23. B1h (6) - 1a
  24. B1i (6) - 0s
  25. B1j (6) - 0s

Separatist forces:
2 B2 minion groups (12)
10 B1 minion groups (57)
2 B1 supervisor droids
2 Droidekas
2 J-1 Semi-Autonomous Proton Cannons

Republic forces:
3 Clone Trooper minion groups (15)
1 ARF Trooper minion group (4)
2 Clone Sergeants (Poe and Raven)
1 Clone ARC Lieutenant (Camouflage)
1 Jedi Commander (Jorin Cass)
1 Jedi General (Mireska Tanohdi)
1 Commandeered J-1 Semi-Autonomous Proton Cannon

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Thank you for taking on the task of making all those attacks back and forth! :)

Just now, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Thank you for taking on the task of making all those attacks back and forth! :)

No problem, just don't get mad at me when you die. :D

I'm glad to help the game continue running smoothly.

No problem, just don't get mad at me when you die. :D

I'm glad to help the game continue running smoothly.

Well, I had written that I was ready to throw a Peerless Interception into the mix (I have 2/session, and they "only" cost 1 LS destiny point each), so some of those Wounds and Strain could have been avoided. (Particularly once she realised that no one else was dropping into her location.) One of those lasts until the end of her 4th turn after activation.

Just now, Bellona said:

Well, I had written that I was ready to throw a Peerless Interception into the mix (I have 2/session, and they "only" cost 1 LS destiny point each), so some of those Wounds and Strain could have been avoided. (Particularly once she realised that no one else was dropping into her location.) One of those lasts until the end of her 4th turn after activation.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were wanting to trigger it, I thought you were just stating you had it up your sleeve.

In that case, 1 Destiny point. Then you take only 2 wounds and 3 strain, and you get to reflect a hit back at one of the enemies. Perhaps the droideka? You'd eliminate it.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were wanting to trigger it, I thought you were just stating you had it up your sleeve.

In that case, 1 Destiny point. Then you take only 2 wounds and 3 strain, and you get to reflect a hit back at one of the enemies. Perhaps the droideka? You'd eliminate it.

She would definitely use the Effortless Counter upgrade against the first droideka! :)

Just now, Bellona said:

She would definitely use the Effortless Counter upgrade against the first droideka! :)

I'll go ahead and edit the IC post to reflect (oops, pardon the pun) the changes.

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Niman only lets you add successes with white pips not advantage.

Thanks for the correction! I've fixed my own OOC post, and I see that @P-47 Thunderbolt already took that into account.

(I didn't read the Draw Closer description closely - pardon the pun - enough, and thought that the skill check worked like other Force-enhanced skills.)

Okay, @Bellona , edited.

For the record, if you are going to update a post when you've done something, please instead simply make another comment stating that the thing has been done. Otherwise it is very easy to miss it entirely. I saw your IC post a couple hours late because I didn't see the update to your original OOC post stating that you were going to have to wait to post.

It didn't actually matter that I saw it late, it's just more clear communication if you make a new post.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Initiative order and participant roster for round 2:

1. Mireska - 8s2a
  2. Camouflage - 4s2a
  3. Varactyl Squad - 3s3a1T
  4. Sgt. Poe - 3s1a
  5. Sgt. Raven - 3s1a
  6. Clone minion group 1 (6) - 2s1a
  7. Clone minion group 2 (4, 4 wounds) - 2s
  8. Deka-1 (11 wounds) - 2s
  9. B1a (5, 4 wounds) - 2s
  10. Jorin - 1s4a1T
  11. Clone minion group 3 (5) - 1s2a (Last allied initiative slot, Camouflage)
  12. B1 Supervisor-1 (1 wound) - 1s1a
  13. Deka-2 - 1s
  14. B2a (6) - 2a
  15. B2b (6) - 2a
  16. B1b (4, 1 wound) - 2a
  17. B1c (6) - 2a
  18. B1d (6) - 2a
  19. B1 Supervisor-2 (1 wound) - 1a
  20. B1e (6) - 1a
  21. B1f (6) - 1a
  22. B1g (6) - 1a
  23. B1h (6) - 1a
  24. B1i (6) - 0s
  25. B1j (6) - 0s

Okay, in that case we're up to the top of the order with @Bellona and @RuusMarev .