PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You can buy one at the temple.

ok.

When modding Crystals, or Attachments in general, do Advantages do anything? I can't find an explanation, if there is one... I thought if you had a success, it worked.. right?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

When modding Crystals, or Attachments in general, do Advantages do anything? I can't find an explanation, if there is one... I thought if you had a success, it worked.. right?

Not unless the GM allows anything in particular. Nowhere do the rules discuss Advantage/Triumph/Threat expenditures.

19 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Not unless the GM allows anything in particular. Nowhere do the rules discuss Advantage/Triumph/Threat expenditures.

You are both correct (because success is all that matters for modding attachments)

Intuitive improvements sentinel artisan talent could probably be used when modding a crystal but it may use force pips. I forget t hgt e details. There maybe some weird talents or maybe item specific mods in special modifications... not confident in t by at just places to look for possible exceptions.

Edited by EliasWindrider
4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You are both correct (because success is all that matters for modding attachments)

so basically convert as many Force pips as necessary to get an uncanceled success.

6 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

so basically convert as many Force pips as necessary to get an uncanceled success.

Yup. But there could be downsides from spending black pips... like a red blade which is sure to raise questions from the council and other jedi.

Windu probably spent one or more black pips on a blue crystal.

Edited by EliasWindrider

interesting... Would Jorin be able to knock out a few mods? Every bit would help against Ventress :D

Crystal Modification:

Jorin Crystal "A" Mod: Breach +1 : 3eP+3eF 2 successes, 4 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Knockdown +1 : 3eP+3eF 4 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png f-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+1eD 3 successes, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-th.png

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s.png p-s-s.png p--.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Critical rating -1 : 3eP+3eF+4eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Critical rating -1 : 3eP+3eF+5eD 1 failure, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d--.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Turning the two Light side pips into success...

14hrs, 700 credits

Edited by RuusMarev
5 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

AW man... where would Jorin be able to acquire Weapons Maintenance Kit for Lightsabers?

Like our GM said, in one of the Temples. Jedi are supposed to be the only group around with lightsabre weapons, so those kind of kits would not be manufactured outside of a Temple.

3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

interesting... Would Jorin be able to knock out a few mods? Every bit would help against Ventress :D

Each mod roll takes two hours of time.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Each mod roll takes two hours of time.

And cost 200 credits each, due to the Double blade hilt, correct?

34 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

And cost 200 credits each, due to the Double blade hilt, correct?

A double-bladed lightsabre's attachments cost double, but then the entry goes on to say "However, when installing and modding these attachments, follow all normal rules." (FaD p. 176)

Therefore the cost for each mod is only 100 credits.

Edited by Bellona
Spelling!
20 minutes ago, Bellona said:

A double-bladed lightsabre's attachments cost double, but then the entry goes on to say "However, when installing and modding thses attachments, follow all normal rules." (FaD p. 176)

Therefore the cost for each mod is only 100 credits.

That is so odd... <_<

wait.. the COST of the attachment is double, not performing the mods... got it.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

That is so odd... <_<

wait.. the COST of the attachment is double, not performing the mods... got it.

Correct. :)

4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Crystal Modification:

Jorin Crystal "A" Mod: Breach +1 : 3eP+3eF 2 successes, 4 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Knockdown +1 : 3eP+3eF 4 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+1eD 3 successes, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Damage +1 : 3eP+3eF+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Jorin Crystal "A" mod: Critical rating -1 : 3eP+3eF+4eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

Jorin crystal "A" mod: Critical rating -1 : 3eP+3eF+5eD 1 failure, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d--.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

14hrs, 700 credits

You don't have 14 hour, you've got 4, but you can bank those rolls, crazy thing is no triumph, on average 2 triumphs should have shown up. Almost makes me wonder if you're showing me all the rolls or only the ones that were successful... do you care to comment on that?

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You don't have 14 hour, you've got 4, but you can bank those rolls, crazy thing is no triumph, on average 2 triumphs should have shown up. Almost makes me wonder if you're showing me all the rolls or only the ones that were successful... do you care to comment on that?

That doesn't make any sense. Those rolls have the same chance of rolling Triumphs as they would if he were selectively choosing them. There is no link between Triumph and greater chance for Failure, so there's no causal link there.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

showing every roll..(if there is a way for me to share the history, I'll try and link it to you) I have done a couple of ones with Test in every line but the pool... Triumphs are rare... digi-dice gods are fickle... @P-47 Thunderbolt can attest to my lack of them when the roll counts.

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

showing every roll..(if there is a way for me to share the history, I'll try and link it to you) I have done a couple of ones with Test in every line but the pool... Triumphs are rare... digi-dice gods are fickle... @P-47 Thunderbolt can attest to my lack of them when the roll counts.

Yes I can. ^_^

Except with Cade.

As for history, if he clicks on your roll, he can then click on your name and see your rolls.

49 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes I can. ^_^

Except with Cade.

As for history, if he clicks on your roll, he can then click on your name and see your rolls.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Crystal Modification:

14hrs, 700 credits

I must be missing something but how are the first two without difficulty dice?

6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I must be missing something but how are the first two without difficulty dice?

Hose ruled Padawan career tree that contains Secrets of the Jedi, and difficulty reduction from the crystal being mine..

On 10/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, MrTInce said:

Oh good. Going to want that lower cost critical.

It looks like Jorin and Mireska have both reached the equivalent of 9:00 the next day on the IC thread. Does Ker'see want to drop by Mireska's quarters and borrow both her Jedi Multi-Tool and her Weapon Maintenance Kit for Lightsabres?

Edited by Bellona
9 hours ago, Bellona said:

It looks like Jorin and Mireska have both reached the equivalent of 9:00 the next day on the IC thread. Does Ker'see want to drop by Mireska's quarters and borrow both her Jedi Multi-Tool and her Weapon Maintenance Kit for Lightsabres?

Yes please.

First modding check to reduce the critical rating:

Lightsaber crafting : 2eA+2eB+3eF+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png b-s.png b--.png f-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls.png d--.png d-th.png

Will pass a boost to my second check and will try to reduce the critical rating again.

Lightsaber crafting : 2eA+3eB+3eF+3eD 1 failure, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a--.png a-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png b--.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

Will convert the two lightside pips into successes.

Success all round!

Ker'see performing a Hawkbat swoop against a training dummy from short range

Training - Hawkbat Swoop : 4eP+2eA+2eD+3eF 6 successes, 1 Triumph, 3 Light Side
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-a.png d--.png d-th.png f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls.png

Will use a force to get into range and then convert the other two to advantage and will trigger three crits for a total of +50.

So the Critical is:

Critical : 1d100+50 142

End is nigh... This training dummy is dead.

Also Damage is 19 with breach 1.