PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If a droid arm is ok, then we can do before the funeral. Otherwise you gotta order one from off-world

NO.

Not fusing droid parts to a clone. We'll wait... :D

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

My older sister, P-38, had a similar reaction when I described their marriage and funeral customs, saying something along the lines of: "Very practical. I like it."

Then again, we're both sentient fighter planes. *shrug*

<_<

:D :D :D :D

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

NO.

there was a Clone in Galaxies....

Mort | Wookieepedia | Fandom

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Well that's not a battle droid.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

NO.

A bx commando droid arm is pretty similar in terms of functionality (fingers etc), maybe a data connector for hacking or pilot droid only vehicles. A b2 has a built in blaster. The difference between a bx droid arm and a cyber arm he'd get is pretty minimal in terms of appearance (in aotc Anakin got a bare metal cyber arm, so a clone would get the same rather than a lifelike prosthesis) other than knowing where it came from. In the old Republic (jedi cay kel'droma scavenged a droid are for his cyber arm)

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

A bx commando droid arm is pretty similar in terms of functionality (fingers etc), maybe a data connector for hacking or pilot droid only vehicles. A b2 has a built in blaster. The difference between a bx droid arm and a cyber arm he'd get is pretty minimal in terms of appearance (in aotc Anakin got a bare metal cyber arm, so a clone would get the same rather than a lifelike prosthesis) other than knowing where it came from. In the old Republic (jedi cay kel'droma scavenged a droid are for his cyber arm)

A clone is not going to use battle droid parts.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

A clone is not going to use battle droid parts.

How about tactical droid parts?

What type of droid would be acceptable?

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

How about tactical droid parts?

What type of droid would be acceptable?

Not a Separatist droid, that's for darn sure.

@EliasWindrider @P-47 Thunderbolt

Jorin could learn Manipulate and help Spanner alter the parts enough, that it isn't "screaming" as CIS... at least until the can get to a med facility.. (it would be the pragmatic choice...)

Just now, RuusMarev said:

@EliasWindrider @P-47 Thunderbolt

Jorin could learn Manipulate and help Spanner alter the parts enough, that it isn't "screaming" as CIS... at least until the can get to a med facility.. (it would be the pragmatic choice...)

I guess...

They still aren't going to like it though.

How much of his arm is missing?

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Not a Separatist droid, that's for darn sure.

Well those aren't the only droids on a technologically advanced planet, even one ravaged by war. There could be a quarter master droid at the garrison and you could requisition one of its arms.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

How much of his arm is missing?

Basically the picture you posted , at or just below the shoulder.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Basically the picture you posted , at or just below the shoulder.

ouch... what is the Republic Droid situation on the base, both active and wrecked.. anything salvageable to alleviate the Clone's concern? Otherwise, I suppose we could use a battle droid as reference and basic components (servos, ect) and fabricate a basic, minimal arm that would be temporary that would allow him to at least get used to a prosthetic..

28 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

ouch... what is the Republic Droid situation on the base, both active and wrecked.. anything salvageable to alleviate the Clone's concern? Otherwise, I suppose we could use a battle droid as reference and basic components (servos, ect) and fabricate a basic, minimal arm that would be temporary that would allow him to at least get used to a prosthetic..

We can instantiate any droid that could plausibly be there. If there was a spare parts arm for a medical droid, or take an arm off a protocol droid, or a quarternaster droid, or a wrecked police droid, or...

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Kal said something along the lines of "Now that the dead have been taken care of, we must tend to the living." and I think that's pretty typical of Mandalorians given their philosophy of life and death. That isn't to say that they don't mourn or that the bereavement doesn't last a lengthy amount of time, just that they deal with it differently.

Further, there are many times where such an event wouldn't even be a practical option, and I think that's probably the case here.

By wake, I meant an alcoholic party for the living to celebrate the life of the deceased, and to help the survivors to deal with the fact that someone close to them died.

Anyway, it was just a question and you seem to be well read up on the topic at the moment. :)

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

That guy does not look like a Jango Fett clone to me ...

@RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt @MrTInce

I've just posted IC a section dealing with the first half of the afternoon post-return.

My assumption is that Jorin and Camouflage/the Varactyls will be doing something else in the early afternoon (your own IC posts), but that they will be in the waiting room by the mid-afternoon when Mireska can let Camouflage (and Jorin?) in to see Havoc. To show that, I've included a second section (what I'm calling the start of the mid-afternoon section), which I'll either leave with the original post or use to start Mireska's next section (Kix and Spanner, talking to Havoc herself about the cybernetics, etc.).

I'm thinking of a series of IC posts covering the following timeslots: early afternoon, mid-afternoon (no more than an hour), late afternoon, pre-sunset/funeral, sunset/grove meditation, early evening (maybe extending to the rest of the evening). That should hopefully cover hospital scenes, funeral plans and actual funeral, grove meditation/crystal seeking, possibly lightsabre crafting and other stuff.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

@RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt @MrTInce

I've just posted IC a section dealing with the first half of the afternoon post-return.

My assumption is that Jorin and Camouflage/the Varactyls will be doing something else in the early afternoon (your own IC posts), but that they will be in the waiting room by the mid-afternoon when Mireska can let Camouflage (and Jorin?) in to see Havoc. To show that, I've included a second section (what I'm calling the start of the mid-afternoon section), which I'll either leave with the original post or use to start Mireska's next section (Kix and Spanner, talking to Havoc herself about the cybernetics, etc.).

I'm thinking of a series of IC posts covering the following timeslots: early afternoon, mid-afternoon (no more than an hour), late afternoon, pre-sunset/funeral, sunset/grove meditation, early evening (maybe extending to the rest of the evening). That should hopefully cover hospital scenes, funeral plans and actual funeral, grove meditation/crystal seeking, possibly lightsabre crafting and other stuff.

Early afternoon would be spent in cleaning up and then organizing the funeral, I'd imagine. I'll go ahead and narrate that if there are no objections, @RuusMarev , @Bellona ?

Then they'll have to dig the grave (how many dead clones are we talking about, here?) before they can hold the funeral.

Since Camouflage already had the thought, I decided that he would arrange with Cody to bury other clone casualties.

At this point, Boil (if he's around) is just a trooper, so I'm going to have him leading a group of volunteers to assist in digging the grave.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Since Camouflage already had the thought, I decided that he would arrange with Cody to bury other clone casualties.

At this point, Boil (if he's around) is just a trooper, so I'm going to have him leading a group of volunteers to assist in digging the grave.

I don't know who Boil is.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

I don't know who Boil is.

Named 212th clone.

20 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Named 212th clone.

What's he "famous" for, what did he do in canon.

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

What's he "famous" for, what did he do in canon.

Mostly interacting with Numa.

Boil

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boil

And he has a legacy, a girl he saved during the Clone Wars, is a resistance fighter in Rebels. She wears partial clone armor with "boil" written on her arm.