PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Btw if you want to propose a few less serious critical injuries appropriate to a minion group to add to the critical hit table I'd be open to moving instadeath to 91% (I mean the end is nigh at 81%-90% isn't terribly different but gives you a chance to save a dying character)

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Btw if you want to propose a few less serious critical injuries appropriate to a minion group to add to the critical hit table I'd be open to moving instadeath to 91% (I mean the end is nigh at 81%-90% isn't terribly different but gives you a chance to save a dying character)

I'm open to the possibility. I'll think about it and get back to you.

11 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Have Camo, Jorin, Mireska, etc. actually returned to the garrison yet?

I'm not certain as to where we are with regard to a screenwipe, etc.

For example, once back at the garrison Mireska wants to take another stab at removing the CI/whatever which incapacitated Havoc, using mundane Medicine this time. Obviously no cybernetic installation yet - unless cybernetics are already available?

Also, how do you want to tackle the Jedi finding their Christophsis crystals - do you want to narrate part/all of it yourself, or leave it to the Jedi-players? (If there's an informal funeral ritual for Havoc Fury in the crystal grove at sunset, I was thinking of Mireska - possibly the others too - hearing the crystals' songs in the Force as the "trees" react to the setting sun.)

Sure screen wipe back to the base. That sounds like a reasonable time to find crystals

@RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt @MrTInce @EliasWindrider

Here's a suggested screenwipe for the IC thread.

Please let me know if you want any changes/additions. For example, does anyone want to go into more detail about Fury's funeral service? (Otherwise I'll assume that we'll pick up any IC conversation/actions after the funeral.)

If you're fine with how it is, then please let me know that too (with either a reaction to this post or a separate post in this thread).

While the garrison was jubilant to hear that the CIS shield generator had been destroyed and that there was no longer anything protecting the battledroids' advance, there was also a poignant note to the return of Camouflage's team and their accompanying Jedi. Fury was dead.

Mireska spent the rest of the afternoon overseeing Havoc's treatment in the base hospital, readying him for the installation of a cybernetic arm. She told him that he would be back in business very soon, and that he would receive a top-notch cybernetic implant. "You'll get a new arm right away. If it's not top of the line, then I'll personally make sure that you'll get an upgrade as soon as possible," she said with a reassuring smile.

Meanwhile Jorin and Camouflage were making arrangements for a simple funeral service for Fury, to be held at sunset that same day by the crystal tree grove at the centre of the GAR garrison. Mireska had assured them both that she'd sign off on the arrangements. Cody's second-in-command, Boil, suggested that the other fallen clones be included too, so as to prevent their comrades from feeling left out or otherwise slighted.

By the time that Ker'see returned, the funeral service was close to starting and the general atmosphere was sombre. There was also a distinct feeling of irritation emantating from Mireska and Jorin - probably centred around noticeable absences on their belts.

21 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Please let me know if you want any changes/additions. For example, does anyone want to go into more detail about Fury's funeral service? (Otherwise I'll assume that we'll pick up any IC conversation/actions after the funeral.)

If you're fine with how it is, then please let me know that too (with either a reaction to this post or a separate post in this thread).

While the garrison was jubilant to hear that the CIS shield generator had been destroyed and that there was no longer anything protecting the battledroids' advance, there was also a poignant note to the return of Camouflage's team and their accompanying Jedi. Fury was dead.

Mireska spent the rest of the afternoon overseeing Havoc's treatment in the base hospital, readying him for the installation of a cybernetic arm. She told him that he would be back in business very soon, and that he would receive a top-notch cybernetic implant. "You'll get a new arm right away. If it's not top of the line, then I'll personally make sure that you'll get an upgrade as soon as possible," she said with a reassuring smile.

Meanwhile Jorin and Camouflage were making arrangements for a simple funeral service for Fury, to be held at sunset that same day by the crystal tree grove at the centre of the GAR garrison. Mireska had assured them both that she'd sign off on the arrangements. Cody's second-in-command, Boil, suggested that the other fallen clones be included too, so as to prevent their comrades from feeling left out or otherwise slighted.

By the time that Ker'see returned, the funeral service was close to starting and the general atmosphere was sombre. There was also a distinct feeling of irritation emantating from Mireska and Jorin - probably centred around noticeable absences on their belts.

Can you worker Spanner into it?

57 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you worker Spanner into it?

I'll see what I can do (any preferences?), but will wait on feed-back from everyone before making changes.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

I would prefer it if Havoc were still unconscious. He and Fury were very close, and I want to have a scene were Camo has to tell him. Maybe address that to Camouflage, ensuring him of his soldier's wellbeing? Or else we split it up a bit, having a scene in the hospital before we get to the funeral (possibly including all three relevant PCs and the rest of Varactyl squad?).

I would also appreciate a little bit more detail on the funeral service. Was that supposed to be a starting point, or all that's said on the topic, with the rest left to the imagination?
I'd suggest clarifying that it's a mass grave. Mandalorians typically either cremated their dead or buried them in mass, unmarked graves.

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

Looks fine to me. Ker'see would be spending time with the Duchess during this time.

Works for me.. I think Jorin would've help dig the grave... He's growing a bit attached :)

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

I'll see what I can do (any preferences?), but will wait on feed-back from everyone before making changes.

Something like it's a right shame what happened to ya fellas

I can't fix flesh and bone like General Mireska but I can fix up a plain cyber arm real special. I know it won't make up fur losin the origernal but it'll help ya compensate, someways bettah.

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

Looks fine to me. Ker'see would be spending time with the Duchess during this time.

You probably want to be at the funeral to get the crystal from the grove.

After the service, if there is time before whatever happens next, Jorin will go to Spanner and ask to go through his trash and salvage yard.. maybe even some dead droids to begin collecting components for his new sabers..

14 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

After the service, if there is time before whatever happens next, Jorin will go to Spanner and ask to go through his trash and salvage yard.. maybe even some dead droids to begin collecting components for his new sabers..

Sure. If you ask for specific parts he'll advise Jorin on what pieces of wrecked gear to get them from.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure. If you ask for specific parts he'll advise Jorin on what pieces of wrecked gear to get them from.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, RuusMarev said:

Which brings up Jorin.. He'll most likely acquire Havoc's Fury's bracers and hand armor, and start wearing them as a memorial... As for the Crystals, I would still like to have him recreate the shoto as well.. Would he be able to find a second Chrystophis*, or would he be able to take a trip to Ilium during "behind the scenes"

* I've seen a cut scene of Fallen Order where Cal has a crystal split in half, that allows him to create a detachable shoto.. kind of interesting dual blade saber/ shoto... (is that something that is allowed to be made in Edge of Empire?)

Any GM decision on the dual saber / crystal ? (I'm not specifically asking for a Cal type of dual purpose saber, just seeing if that is possible... right now I'm just wondering about Jorin's shoto)

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

Any GM decision on the dual saber / crystal ? (I'm not specifically asking for a Cal type of dual purpose saber, just seeing if that is possible... right now I'm just wondering about Jorin's shoto)

I'm willing to let you have a double bladed lightsaber that can split into 2 functional lightsaber parts, it'll just use one of the double bladed saber's hardpoints. Not much use in splitting them apart other than handing half to another character. It'll use the stats of one end of a double bladed saber and I'll let you fluff it as being split while using the stats of a double bladed (linked 1 etc).

Double bladed lightsaber has 4 hp, 2 are needed for the crystal... since you can add a hp for 3 advantage I'll let you add this as a crafting upgrade for 3 advantage.

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm willing to let you have a double bladed lightsaber that can split into 2 functional lightsaber parts, it'll just use one of the double bladed saber's hardpoints. Not much use in splitting them apart other than handing half to another character. It'll use the stats of one end of a double bladed saber and I'll let you fluff it as being split while using the stats of a double bladed (linked 1 etc)

Ok, just wanted to be sure.. (I'm going to have Jorin stick with the Saber and Shoto combo for now, I'll consider the Fallen Order style after he's "grown" more..)

7 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok, just wanted to be sure.. (I'm going to have Jorin stick with the Saber and Shoto combo for now, I'll consider the Fallen Order style after he's "grown" more..)

If you want to build the double bladed now you can always use it as 2 sabers until you're ready.

... note my crafting upgrade edit to my previous post

The second crystal is in lieu of a second crystal others can get.

This means instead of freebie.... as in if you want a third crystal you'll have to spend credits.

Edited by EliasWindrider
4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I would prefer it if Havoc were still unconscious. He and Fury were very close, and I want to have a scene were Camo has to tell him. Maybe address that to Camouflage, ensuring him of his soldier's wellbeing? Or else we split it up a bit, having a scene in the hospital before we get to the funeral (possibly including all three relevant PCs and the rest of Varactyl squad?).

I would also appreciate a little bit more detail on the funeral service. Was that supposed to be a starting point, or all that's said on the topic, with the rest left to the imagination?
I'd suggest clarifying that it's a mass grave. Mandalorians typically either cremated their dead or buried them in mass, unmarked graves.

(The following described "sections" should probably be separate IC posts.)

How about you write the first part of the screenwipe, including the arrival at the base and telling Havoc in the hospital about Fury's death. (Possibly with Mireska busy about in the background, first with bringing Havoc back to consciousness, then bringining Camouflage in to speak with him while she discusses cybernetics options with Kix and Spanner.)

Then I can add a short bit in the hospital with Mireska talking to Havoc about the cybernetics, possibly including Spanner (since he's apparently the best immediate source for a cybernetic arm). (Installation time = as much/little as the plot demands? Possibly in time for the funeral?)

Then you can take over again for the funeral description (planning and actual event), including Jorin's active assistance. Mireska will attend, but will keep to the background unless her more active participation is requested. (She sees the event as being "clone-driven" for the most part, something for their sake, and doesn't want to intrude beyond what the clones themselves feel is suitable. If requested, she has some Jedi/Whills words to say - but they're more generally fatalistic, and I suspect that the clones probably approach their comrades' death in a more personal fashion.) I suggest that the funeral is arranged to end with the start of sunset. Will there be a wake afterwards in the commissary?

Then I can add a section about how Mireska's attention was distracted (at the end of the funeral service) by the song of the Christophsis crystals in the Force. She'll want to meditate in the grove during the sunset (possibly with Jorin/ @RuusMarev and Ker'see/ @MrTInce ?), which will enable her to home in on the source, i.e., her Christophsis crystal.

At which point we can get IC posts about Jorin's and Ker'see's own crystal-seeking. :)

(RL demands my attention for the next hour or two.)

5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

How about you write the first part of the screenwipe, including the arrival at the base and telling Havoc in the hospital about Fury's death. (Possibly with Mireska busy about in the background, first with bringing Havoc back to consciousness, then bringining Camouflage in to speak with him while she discusses cybernetics options with Kix and Spanner.)

Then I can add a short bit in the hospital with Mireska talking to Havoc about the cybernetics, possibly including Spanner (since he's apparently the best immediate source for a cybernetic arm). (Installation time = as much/little as the plot demands? Possibly in time for the funeral?)

I was thinking that might be best handled in a short series of posts. Possibly with you/Mireska doing the initial bit, then calling Camouflage in. Then I'd take over, and then you'd go talk to Kix and Spanner and then come back to talk to Havoc. So barring further conversation between PCs, three or four posts.
I'd guess it's probably best to not have five clones and a Jedi trooping in, so probably just Camo (maybe Jorin, @RuusMarev ?). You can also make a pretty good case that guys who just traipsed through the sewers shouldn't come into a sterile hospital environment. :P
Got to do some armor cleaning first. :D

7 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Then you can take over again for the funeral description (planning and actual event), including Jorin's active assistance. Mireska will attend, but will keep to the background unless her more active participation is requested. (She sees the event as being "clone-driven" for the most part, something for their sake, and doesn't want to intrude beyond what the clones themselves feel is suitable. If requested, she has some Jedi/Whills words to say - but they're more generally fatalistic, and I suspect that the clones probably approach their comrades' death in a more personal fashion.) I suggest that the funeral is arranged to end with the start of sunset. Will there be a wake afterwards in the commissary? *

Then I can add a section about how Mireska's attention was distracted (at the end of the funeral service) by the song of the Christophsis crystals in the Force. She'll want to meditate in the grove during the sunset (possibly with Jorin/ @RuusMarev and Ker'see/ @MrTInce ?), which will enable her to home in on the source, i.e., her Christophsis crystal.

Sounds good. Camouflage would rather keep it "Mando," so no Jedi/Whills for this one. He wouldn't stop Mireska if she asked to (clarification: "I would like to..." vs. "Would you like me to..." Yes to the former, no to the latter), but he certainly wouldn't ask her to. How would you like me to cover that? Would she ask? How would she ask?

* I don't think so, not if I understand you right. For Mandalorians, funerals are very final. You bury/cremate the dead and move on. You don't really dwell on it. While clones are not really Mandalorians, Mandalorian funeral customs are the only ones they'd be familiar with, and that's how Camo would handle it.

And I just finished reading about a Mando funeral, so I'm qualified for this part... 😢
It was very sad...
Very sad...

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You can also make a pretty good case that guys who just traipsed through the sewers shouldn't come into a sterile hospital environment. :P
Got to do some armor cleaning first. :D

True, I think I can smell Jorin from here...

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sounds good. Camouflage would rather keep it "Mando," so no Jedi/Whills for this one. He wouldn't stop Mireska if she asked to (clarification: "I would like to..." vs. "Would you like me to..." Yes to the former, no to the latter), but he certainly wouldn't ask her to. How would you like me to cover that? Would she ask? How would she ask?

* I don't think so, not if I understand you right. For Mandalorians, funerals are very final. You bury/cremate the dead and move on. You don't really dwell on it. While clones are not really Mandalorians, Mandalorian funeral customs are the only ones they'd be familiar with, and that's how Camo would handle it.

And I just finished reading about a Mando funeral, so I'm qualified for this part... 😢
It was very sad...
Very sad...

I kinda figured Mandalorians would hold awesome wakes :D (and weddings for that matter)

In the case of one for Fury, I kinda think his immediate group of brothers would rather remember him between themselves, no other clone unit involved..(maybe not even around the Jedi.. the show never addressed it as far as I can remember, and the only Author-that I know of- who expressly mentioned clones dealing with the loss of their brothers is Karen Traviss...)

35 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Then you can take over again for the funeral description (planning and actual event), including Jorin's active assistance. Mireska will attend, but will keep to the background unless her more active participation is requested. (She sees the event as being "clone-driven" for the most part, something for their sake, and doesn't want to intrude beyond what the clones themselves feel is suitable. If requested, she has some Jedi/Whills words to say - but they're more generally fatalistic, and I suspect that the clones probably approach their comrades' death in a more personal fashion.) I suggest that the funeral is arranged to end with the start of sunset. Will there be a wake afterwards in the commissary?

At which point we can get IC posts about Jorin's and Ker'see's own crystal-seeking. :)

Sounds good.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

If a droid arm is ok, then we can do before the funeral. Otherwise you gotta order one from off-world. We can give havoc a b1 arm, a bx commando, or maybe a b2 droid arm with built in blaster. Bx would be most like the original in terms of function.

Edited by EliasWindrider
14 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If a droid arm is ok, then we can do before the funeral. Otherwise you gotta order one from off-world

"Lieutenant Camouflage, it's me, Havoc... you probably don't recognize me because of the red arm....."

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by RuusMarev
2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I kinda figured Mandalorians would hold awesome wakes :D (and weddings for that matter)

Well, it depends. Mandalorian weddings in and of themselves are very simple and private, but then sometimes they also have parties afterwards. Those, I imagine, would be quite "awesome" as you say.

As for funerals, I think not. Whereas weddings are a beginning, a funeral is an end. My impression from what I know of the culture and what I have for examples is that any sort of "wake" or "visitation" would be very private and before the burial or cremation, and then the burial or cremation is the end. Kal said something along the lines of "Now that the dead have been taken care of, we must tend to the living." and I think that's pretty typical of Mandalorians given their philosophy of life and death. That isn't to say that they don't mourn or that the bereavement doesn't last a lengthy amount of time, just that they deal with it differently.

Further, there are many times where such an event wouldn't even be a practical option, and I think that's probably the case here.

I like how Mandalorians handle both of these situations. Seems much more sensible to me than what most humans do. My older sister, P-38, had a similar reaction when I described their marriage and funeral customs, saying something along the lines of: "Very practical. I like it."

Then again, we're both sentient fighter planes. *shrug*