PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Sorry, at a wedding, I'll try and post tonight

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev cammo being thrown at Jorin result in 11 incoming damage to both. It put Jorin over threshold.

@P-47 Thunderbolt you are the only player with characters capable of acting in this encounter this round... you probably want to stim Jorin and Mireska and get the heck out of dodge.

@MrTInce you can't shoot at her next round but the round after you could shoot her bike. Then you probably want to be gone before she gets to your location.

If you guys want to screen wipe out of this along those lines that's fine, the encounter accomplished what it needed to, shield generator destroyed Mireska and Jorin lost their sabers.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Would it be possible to have my clones take a shot as a group before we get out of there?

9 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Would it be possible to have my clones take a shot as a group before we get out of there?

Take a shot a ventress? Do you really want to be that close to her?

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Take a shot a ventress? Do you really want to be that close to her?

Probably not. Any roll required to get to the bikes?

8 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Probably not. Any roll required to get to the bikes?

No roll.

I guess Join is out cold?

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

I guess Join is out cold?

Blaster reflect was 21-6-(4-2)=13.

Thrown cammo was 11-4 soak = 7

13 +7=20>18 WT so yeah Jorin is out cold

@P-47 Thunderbolt cammo and some of the Varactyl's should still be conscious... you shou stim the jedi and then get the heck out of dodge before b2's get back to short range.

The tank is still operable, and mechanically speaking, Camouflage would be able to hold off the supers indefinitely. And we've already taken out ~25-30 of them.

Can I just narrate finishing off the last few droids and then making our exit? He's definitely not leaving without the injured clones, and it'll take a few rounds to get them all up. It's also worth mentioning that the supers are still in range, so if he spends all of his maneuvers on stimpacks, there's a pretty high likelihood that we'll get dropped about as fast as he can apply stimpacks.

59 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The tank is still operable, and mechanically speaking, Camouflage would be able to hold off the supers indefinitely. And we've already taken out ~25-30 of them.

Can I just narrate finishing off the last few droids and then making our exit? He's definitely not leaving without the injured clones, and it'll take a few rounds to get them all up. It's also worth mentioning that the supers are still in range, so if he spends all of his maneuvers on stimpacks, there's a pretty high likelihood that we'll get dropped about as fast as he can apply stimpacks.

There are A LOT of b2's left. You can narrate holding off the b2's long enough for the clones and jedi being evacuated by the clones who are still standing (I think they are 4 Varactyls not counting Cammo who are still up. Stim the jedi and they should be able to walk) so evacuating the survivors while Cammo uses the tank to hold off the b2's is easily doable.

NO to finishing off the b2's

Edited by EliasWindrider

Plus if someone gets Mireska up and running, then there's a good chance that she can apply some healing to others.

(Particularly if she un-commits that Force die so that she has 4 Force dice to apply to the issue.)

Only three Varactyls are up, Havoc and Hawk are incapacitated, Fury is dead.

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Only three Varactyls are up, Havoc and Hawk are incapacitated, Fury is dead.

Thought Hawk was injured but not incapacitated. Oh well. just stim Jorin before you go back to the tank and he can stim Mireska and the 3 Varactyl's who are up can fireman carry the 3 who are down.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Thought Hawk was injured but not incapacitated.

There was just enough damage to incapacitate him, but only just.

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Oh well. just stim Jorin before you go back to the tank and he can stim Mireska and the 3 Varactyl's who are up can fireman carry the 3 who are down.

That was more-or-less the plan.

@Bellona @RuusMarev

Stimpack for both Jorin and Mireska.

I removed wounds from Varactyl squad equal to a single stimpack use, but narrated as Force-healing from Mireska.

Anything you want to add or adjust in the IC post? I'll endeavor to comply.

Camouflage strain recovery: Strain Recovery (Cool) : 2eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-s-s.png a-a.png

*curses as she accidentally wiped the post just as she was finishing it*

Trying again ...

By my reckoning, the following are suffering Critical Injuries: Mireska, Jorin, Havoc, and Hawk (one each).

As soon as the group has reached a place of relative safety in the sewers, Mireska will un-commit her Force die and start using her Heal power to remove Wounds, Strain, and CIs. (It's my policy to remove CIs as fast as possible.)

@RuusMarev /Jorin:

Heal, incl'g CI removal on Jorin : 4eF+4eP+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

10 Wounds healed, 10 Strain removed, Critical Injury removed. (When using Heal to remove a CI, the difficulty is always Hard/3 - unlike when using Medicine to do the same.)

Mireska reduces her own Strain by 1.

@P-47 Thunderbolt /Camo:

Heal power on Camo : 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

10 Wounds healed, 10 Strain removed.

/Havoc:

Heal power on Hawk plus CI removal : 4eF+4eP+3eD 5 advantage, 5 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

(Oops, I accidentally plugged in Hawk's name into Orokos. It is supposed to be Havoc.)

16 Wounds healed, 16 Strain removed, no luck with the Critical Injury. Mireska can try again with the Medicine skill and her physician's kit (but she'd prefer to do so back at the GAR garrison, instead of opening up both the kit - and possibly Havoc - while down in the sewers).

Mireska reduces her own Strain by 5.

Will of the Force talent (taking into account that Ventress used one DS point to activate Peerless Interception during the encounter): LS 3 vs. DS 5 .

/Hawk:

Hawk: Heal power plus CI removal : 4eF+4eP+3eD 1 success, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png p-s.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

10 Wounds healed, 10 Strain removed, Critical Injury removed.

Mireska:

Heal + CI removal on herself : 4eF+4eP+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png p-s-s.png p-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

14 Wounds healed, 14 Strain removed, CI removed.

Mireska is now fully healed and "rested" (that +1 Strain from the 1 Threat would have been off-set by the Strain removed).

IC post on its way ... and done!

Edited by Bellona
Spelling. IC post status update.

The clones don't really get critical injuries, and the agreement with @EliasWindrider was that each time they are incapacitated, it adds +10 to the next death roll (which isn't a crit).

I've removed all of Varactyl squad's wounds, but reduced them to 4 members and 28 wounds since Havoc and Fury are no longer functional members of the squad.

30 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The clones don't really get critical injuries, and the agreement with @EliasWindrider was that each time they are incapacitated, it adds +10 to the next death roll (which isn't a crit).

What happens if someone rolls a CI against the squad. Does it just automatically turn into an "avoid death" die roll for one of them?

It might be an idea to track the number of CIs (+10s) that they accumulate, and allow a successful CI-removal to reduce the death rolls by a similar -10. Obviously the death roll can't be reduced to below the 70% mark (so that an over-eager medic can't use CI-removal on problems which don't exist).

Just now, Bellona said:

What happens if someone rolls a CI against the squad. Does it just automatically turn into an "avoid death" die roll for one of them?

It might be an idea to track the number of CIs (+10s) that they accumulate, and allow a successful CI-removal to reduce the death rolls by a similar -10. Obviously the death roll can't be reduced to below the 70% mark (so that an over-eager medic can't use CI-removal on problems which don't exist).

A crit functions as it would against a RAW minion group, causing the group to suffer one minion's worth of wounds.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

A crit functions as it would against a RAW minion group, causing the group to suffer one minion's worth of wounds.

With a following 70% "death roll" to see if they avoid actual death and instead are just incapacitated for the rest of the encounter.

And each failed death roll adds +10 to the next dice roll to check for survival/death if there's another CI-caused injury?

Do the accumulating +10s stick around if they get out of one combat and right into another one?

I'm asking if a successful CI-removal during combat could (in the case of the Varactyls and similar super-minions) act to reduce the accumlated +10s by -10.

Just now, Bellona said:

With a following 70% "death roll" to see if they avoid actual death and instead are just incapacitated for the rest of the encounter.

And each failed death roll adds +10 to the next dice roll to check for survival/death if there's another CI-caused injury?

Do the accumulating +10s stick around if they get out of one combat and right into another one?

I'm asking if a successful CI-removal during combat could (in the case of the Varactyls and similar super-minions) act to reduce the accumlated +10s by -10.

To clarify:
They have to roll 70 or below to survive. A "failed" roll (71+) results in the NPC's death. All rolls that don't result in death add +10 to future rolls for that NPC.

The +10s stick around until the NPC in question dies. They are not crits, and thus cannot be removed by medical treatment. They are an abstraction of luck: how long until the NPC gets hit somewhere vital?

If @EliasWindrider is willing to allow it though, I wouldn't object. :D

@P-47 Thunderbolt

What exactly is an armour tally?

I figure that it's similar to dogtags, but can you supply a more in-depth explanation OOC, please?