PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Um You quoted my edit saying she was right. The +5 I was confusing it with was the "juyo savagery" talent. I'm blaming it on being a tired parent.

Sorry, I just saw the initial statement, I didn't notice that it had then been edited to contradict itself.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I'll be merciful for narrative reasons Mireska's was knocked prone +1 strain which basically is no effect since she were over her wound threshold (which set strain to threshold) .

I don't quite understand the bolded section. As far as I understand, Wounds and Strain are tracked separately for PCs (as well as for Nemeses and plot-relevant Rivals). Obviously if someone suffers Wounds beyond their WT, then they become Incapacitated (knocked out until stimpacked/healed back to the WT or below it). But a character's current Strain total doesn't suddenly sky-rocket just because the character became Incapacitated.

Would you prefer that Mireska is Winded instead of being Bowled Over? She falls prone in both cases because she's Incapacitated, but if she's Winded then if someone manages to stimpack/Heal her back down to her WT or below then she will still suffer Strain problems until the end of the encounter.

Edited by Bellona
Spelling (two fs instead of 2 ls?!?).

@MrTInce

I think that it's Ker'see's turn (at the top of round 4), i.e., she can take the first PC slot.

(Ventress took her action against Mireska at the bottom of round 3.)

43 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce

I think that it's Ker'see's turn (at the top of round 4), i.e., she can take the first PC slot.

(Ventress took her action against Mireska at the bottom of round 3.)

Okay then, wish me luck! True Aim Maneuver and second Maneuver to Aim. Then action to shoot...

Shooting Ventress : 5eP+1eA+3eB+3eF+4eC+3eS 2 successes, 4 advantage, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png c-th.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f-f.png s-th.png s--.png s-th.png

So with weapon bonus of extra advantage I will turn 4 light side to advantage making it 9.

Damage is 15, will flip a Light side to activate Targeted blow to add agility 6 to damage making it 21 with pierce 2.

So with 9 advantage will spend 6 to knock both weapons out of her hands and another three for critical.

Crit on Ventress : 1d100+20 100

Rolled a 100, which is 80 + 20 = Crippled: One limb is impaired until healed/replaced. +d to all checks using that limb.

Do I get to pick the limb?

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

Rolled a 100, which is 80 + 20 = Crippled: One limb is impaired until healed/replaced. +d to all checks using that limb.

The full text says "(selected by the GM)"

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

I don't quite understand the bolded section. As far as I understand, Wounds and Strain are tracked separately for PCs (as well as for Nemeses and plot-relevant Rivals). Obviously if someone suffers Wounds beyond their WT, then they become Incapacitated (knocked out until stimpacked/healed back to the WT or below it). But a character's current Strain total doesn't suddenly sky-rocket just because the character became Incapacitated.

Would you prefer that Mireska is Winded instead of being Bowled Over? She falls prone in both cases because she's Incapacitated, but if she's Winded then if someone manages to stimpack/Heal her back down to her WT or below then she will stiff suffer Strain problems until the end of the encounter.

When you exceed your wound threshold and you go unconscious, strain gets maxed out. Unless that's something else I'm miss remembering.

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

When you exceed your wound threshold and you go unconscious, strain gets maxed out.

I don't see that in the CRB. Is it a house rule?

ETA

Specifically, I don't see that exceeding the WT also automatically exceeds the ST.

(I have absolutely no arguments against being knocked out.)

Edited by Bellona
Just now, Bellona said:

I don't see that in the CRB. Is it a house rule?

I thought it was in the crv, if not it's a house rule I'm happy to ditch.

It's not RAW.

Looking over the Ventress stat block I believe she has taken 9 damage after all that. If there's no objections I will write something up in a bit.

55 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Okay then, wish me luck! True Aim Maneuver and second Maneuver to Aim. Then action to shoot...

Shooting Ventress : 5eP+1eA+3eB+3eF+4eC+3eS 2 successes, 4 advantage, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png c-th.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f-f.png s-th.png s--.png s-th.png

So with weapon bonus of extra advantage I will turn 4 light side to advantage making it 9.

Damage is 15, will flip a Light side to activate Targeted blow to add agility 6 to damage making it 21 with pierce 2.

So with 9 advantage will spend 6 to knock both weapons out of her hands and another three for critical.

Crit on Ventress : 1d100+20 100

1 add a purple because she's engaged with Mireska. Missing purple : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

So how do you want to alter your results with the 1 fewer advantage, a. Screw it we'll do it as is.

2 the battle droids get to shoot before your turn.

Order of operations she gets to reflect before taking damage, the crit and other operations. As an out of turn incidental she will flip a dp to activate peerless interception, which boosts her reflect by the current force rating to 10. She's going to reflect 12 points with 6 soak she'll reduce the damage by 16 points so she takes 5 points of damage, she'll use the effortless counter upgrade for improved reflect and redirect the shot to jorin. which I'll let him reduce with reflect. She will resist disarm on Mireska's saber for 2 strain and use magnetic weapon tether on her own hilt to recover it as an incidental. The limb is her left arm which she is using to hold Mireska's saber. So she's at 5/21 damage and 5/20 strain.

I'll roll the b2's now... they're going to shoot at camo in the tank. Assuming cover from the tank and medium range I think the difficulty is 2 purple and 2 black

Shoot at camo : 3eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png

Assuming I got the dice pool correct i'll use the 2 advantage to activate linked they do 2 x14 damage minus soak

@P-47 Thunderbolt is the dice pool correct and what's your status after this.

@RuusMarev what's your status after 21 points of incoming damage with pierce 2?

Edited by EliasWindrider
45 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's not RAW.

I'll ditch it then.

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

1 add a purple because she's engaged with Mireska. Missing purple : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

So how do you want to alter your results with the 1 fewer advantage, a. Screw it we'll do it as is.

Thank you. I'll add a strain for the threat.

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Thank you. I'll add a strain for the threat.

Actually only 1 saber is knocked from her hand because of resist disarm.

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Shoot at camo : 3eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png

Assuming I got the dice pool correct i'll use the 2 advantage to activate linked they do 2 x14 damage minus soak

Varactyl squad hasn't gone yet, so that might alter the pool.

It is also missing a Setback from Advantage.

As-is, Camo (+2 soak from cover) would take 12 damage total, which is half WT.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Back away from the crazy lady
Action: Shoot at the supers (Auto-fire): It all went pear-shaped : 2eP+2eA+5eB+3eD 3 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d--.png

That's 12 damage with Pierce 1 and an auto-crit. With the spillover wounds, that takes out 2 SBDs.

@EliasWindrider , the phalanx rules say nothing about taking out more droids past the second row. If I take out all 5, do they get pushed back to Long, or nothing? That'll dictate how I spend the 5 Advantage.

28 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Varactyl squad hasn't gone yet, so that might alter the pool.

It is also missing a Setback from Advantage.

As-is, Camo (+2 soak from cover) would take 12 damage total, which is half WT.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Back away from the crazy lady
Action: Shoot at the supers (Auto-fire): It all went pear-shaped : 2eP+2eA+5eB+3eD 3 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d--.png

That's 12 damage with Pierce 1 and an auto-crit. With the spillover wounds, that takes out 2 SBDs.

@EliasWindrider , the phalanx rules say nothing about taking out more droids past the second row. If I take out all 5, do they get pushed back to Long, or nothing? That'll dictate how I spend the 5 Advantage.

Didn't Varactyl go (get into cover behind the shield generator) after cammo shot the b2's with the tank and before Jorin used the generator to smash the droideekas and before ventress showed up took down Mireska? (The b2's were going to go after ventress and before Ker'see) after which it's ventress' turn then Jorin/cammo/Varactyl again?

Sure it'ld pus them back to long if turns work out that way.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Didn't Varactyl go (get into cover behind the shield generator) after cammo shot the b2's with the tank and before Jorin used the generator to smash the droideekas and before ventress showed up took down Mireska? (The b2's were going to go after ventress and before Ker'see) after which it's ventress' turn then Jorin/cammo/Varactyl again?

Sure it'ld pus them back to long if turns work out that way.

No, he ordered them to but they hadn't taken their turn yet since Ventress goes first.

And the order was before Jorin creatively relocated the shield generator they were going to use for cover. :D

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, he ordered them to but they hadn't taken their turn yet since Ventress goes first.

And the order was before Jorin creatively relocated the shield generator they were going to use for cover. :D

Missing dice : 1eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 threat
d-f-th.png s-th.png

So no linked and cammo takes 5 points of damage.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Missing dice : 1eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 threat
d-f-th.png s-th.png

So no linked and cammo takes 11 points of damage.

So you're allowing them to push the droids back to long?

Okay, that's 4 of their Advantage. With the remaining Advantage, they'll pass a Boost to next.

That 1 failure drops it to 3 success, or 13 damage, unless I'm missing something?
That'd be 5 wounds past Soak.

What are you going to do about the IC post for the supers?

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So you're allowing them to push the droids back to long?

Okay, that's 4 of their Advantage. With the remaining Advantage, they'll pass a Boost to next.

That 1 failure drops it to 3 success, or 13 damage, unless I'm missing something?
That'd be 5 wounds past Soak.

What are you going to do about the IC post for the supers?

I corrected before you posted but after you quoted.

Leave it (same "meanwhile" post as ventress reflecting Ker'see's bolt into Jorin) the way it is.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@P-47 Thunderbolt are you going to post Varactyl's turn IC?

@P-47 Thunderbolt are you going to post Varactyl's turn IC?

Yes.

I'm too prompt for my own good. I see your original post, but miss the edit, so I end up waiting for another post from you.

So assuming Jorin is going to use his 4 ranks of reflect on the 21 points of damage pierce 2 coming his way... that would be 21-6-(4-2)=13/18 wounds and 3/18 strain.

Things took a serious turn for the worse for the PC's when ventress showed up but Mireska and Jorin have to lose their sabers to get christophsis crystals.

My apologies to all for messing up the Initiative order!

(I honestly thought that the B2 droids had had their turn by the time that Ventress showed up and used the droidekas' slot, so I thought that we were ready for round 4 and Ker'see taking the first slot to use against Ventress.)

42 minutes ago, Bellona said:

My apologies to all for messing up the Initiative order!

(I honestly thought that the B2 droids had had their turn by the time that Ventress showed up and used the droidekas' slot, so I thought that we were ready for round 4 and Ker'see taking the first slot to use against Ventress.)

I messed it up before you did.

Ventress is going to use move to throw cammo at Jorin

Move on cammo : 5eP+4eF+3eD+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d--.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png

That should exceed Jorin's threshold, she'll use a pip on magnitude and yoink the sabers Jorin dropped, order the b2's to finish of the clones, while she takes care of the sniper, manuever to her speederbike and zoom towards Ker'see's sniper nest. Trying to keep cover.