PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

30 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

it's head looks like a limb......

Chop a leg and it can't support itself and falls over...

Varactyl Squad:
Action: Auto-Fire shoot at the Supers: Hold Them Back! : 4eP+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png

Take a strain with the Threat as Fury continues to suffer from his wounds...

13 damage with Pierce 1, 13-5=8, 8+5=13, so that's a fifth down and 6 spillover wounds. The Autocrit brings it to 6 down, but the sixth doesn't matter.

Since 5 have been dropped, they can't take a Maneuver to move forwards.

Triumph to upgrade Mireska's check ( 2 Upgrades to Mireska )

Maneuver: Cover behind the tank (Soak+2, Defense 1).

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Jorin suffer strain from the 2 threat?

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Nice! +10 from the previous Crit is 102: Maimed. One of the target's limbs (selected by the GM) is permanently lost. Unless the target has a cybernetic replacement, the target cannot perform actions that require the use of that limb. All other actions gain Setback.

@EliasWindrider , the way I've handled this in my games is to have it cut off one of the arms, meaning that it loses Auto-Fire and only has Linked 1, also losing the Fire Sweep ability. (My understanding is that Droidekas have Linked 1 and Auto-Fire)

Wouldn't it keep autofire and lose linked 1? Ok losing fire sweep

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin suffer strain from the 2 threat?

Sure

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure

<_< (I give you the reaction I give to P-47...) also: :(

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Wouldn't it keep autofire and lose linked 1? Ok losing fire sweep

Each weapon is dual barreled, so I figured together it would be Auto-Fire, but on its own it'd be Linked.

Honestly, the statblock is a bit weird and makes this awkward.

Keeping Auto-Fire and losing Linked is fine with me.

So now it's the NPCS/droids turn at the bottom of round 2, then we begin round 3 with Camo, right?

@P-47 Thunderbolt

How are your wounded/downed guys doing?

Do they need immediate medical/Healer attention, or should Mireska wait until after the droidekas are down?

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

So now it's the NPCS/droids turn at the bottom of round 2, then we begin round 3 with Camo, right?

Yes.

Just now, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt

How are your wounded/downed guys doing?

Do they need immediate medical/Healer attention, or should Mireska wait until after the droidekas are down?

Havoc is down, but stable thanks to Camo's double Triumph and the charity of our GM. Fury is barely up. With 7 Soak, it'll take 5 Success or 1 Success+2 Advantage to drop two of them.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Havoc is down, but stable thanks to Camo's double Triumph and the charity of our GM. Fury is barely up. With 7 Soak, it'll take 5 Success or 1 Success+2 Advantage to drop two of them.

... So Mireska can wait one more round and use those 2 Triumphs to attack the droideka when it's her turn?

Just now, Bellona said:

... So Mireska can wait one more round and use those 2 Triumphs to attack the droideka when it's her turn?

I'm not sure, it'd be up to you.

I think it would likely be more effective to keep troopers in the fight since Mireska isn't likely to be able to down one of the droidekas on her turn.

On the other hand, Mireska has the ability to provide Reflect protection to engaged characters, right? The troopers are only at short range, so one way to provide that aid without spending an action would be to attack, then fall back to protect the troopers.

But, they're just clones sir. They're expendable. 😢

Could make for an interesting bit of roleplay when we get back to the base if Mireska heroically protects them. :)

We're Meant to Be Expendable | Know Your Meme

@P-47 Thunderbolt can you take the droids turn for me, droideekas C&D are going to deploy at short range from everyone involved, droideekas A is going to shoot at Mireska, droideeka B is going to try to footstomp jorin but upgrade the difficulty once and add a setback because it's missing a leg. The b2's are going to shoot at Varactyls. And they're ignoring camo at the moment.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt can you take the droids turn for me, droideekas C&D are going to deploy at short range from everyone involved, droideekas A is going to shoot at Mireska, droideeka B is going to try to footstomp jorin but upgrade the difficulty once and add a setback because it's missing a leg. The b2's are going to shoot at Varactyls. And they're ignoring camo at the moment.

Okay.

Droideka A will have to dis-engage from Mireska first, I believe.

Just now, Bellona said:

Droideka A will have to dis-engage from Mireska first, I believe.

I believe that is the case. Unless @EliasWindrider has responded by the time I'm ready to post, I'm going to go with the foot stomping. The droidekas are pretty tied up this turn.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I believe that is the case. Unless @EliasWindrider has responded by the time I'm ready to post, I'm going to go with the foot stomping. The droidekas are pretty tied up this turn.

The first two attacks against Mireska right now have their difficulty upgraded twice (in addition to Defence 4).

40 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

On the other hand, Mireska has the ability to provide Reflect protection to engaged characters, right? The troopers are only at short range, so one way to provide that aid without spending an action would be to attack, then fall back to protect the troopers.

But, they're just clones sir. They're expendable. 😢

Could make for an interesting bit of roleplay when we get back to the base if Mireska heroically protects them. :)

Protecting the troops is actually her first instinct.

However, when droidekas turn up then she gets that instinct confused with the desire to keep the more dangerous droids focused on herself (preferably at a range which puts their best attack at a disadvantage). And if anyone (Jedi/clone) suggests that she focuses on the droidekas at the start of the combat, she'll go with that until she realises (yet again) that perhaps her best tactic is still to protect the guys who shoot a lot better than she swings a lightsabre. Maybe she'll learn not to attack droidekas some day (either that, or get a heck of a lot better at hitting them) ... :)

Droideka A:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Be a terrible dance partner: You're a terrible dance partner : 5eA+2eC+4eS 1 success
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png c-th.png c-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-f.png

Steps on her foot for 6 damage, 2 past Soak (I doubt you'd want to Parry that).

Droideka B:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Flop on Jorin: Footstomp : 5eA+1eC+1eD+2eS 2 failures, 4 advantage
a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png c-f.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s-th.png

Nope, but it'll push him away with the Advantage. Since it can't take Move maneuvers or knock him prone, I'll say it takes all 4.

Droideka C (stupid auto 'mojis)
Maneuver: Move to Short
Maneuver: Deploy

Droideka D (stupid auto 'mojis)
Maneuver: Move to Short
Maneuver: Deploy

B2s:
Action: Shoot at Varactyl Squad: Poor clones... : 3eP+2eA+1eD+1eS 1 success, 2 advantage
p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a--.png d-f-f.png s--.png

Aww... just barely got what it needed... 😢
(I gave them one extra skill rank by mistake, but sadly the last green die was blank, so it changes nothing. Now if only they also had one less rank in the characteristic, they would have missed. :P )

11*2-7*2=8, dropping Fury and Who gets hit? : 1d4 1 Hawk.
Fury: Critical Injury : 1d100 89
I'm getting XCOMed. 70% chance of survival and they both roll high!?
Hawk: Critical Injury : 1d100 41
At least he survived...

@Bellona , unless you want to do the Force-heal-y revive thing (which would be appreciated, but I'm not asking you to do it if you think something else would be better. The clones would love you forever, just sayin' ;) ), Fury is dead. There's only 1 spillover wound, not enough to really worry about healing. Best thing Mireska can do is just defend them at this point.

Poor Camo. He's standing there going "Shoot me! The guy stealing your tank!" and they're ignoring him. 😢

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

... And that will be the trigger to get Mireska's attention away from the droideka.

Any chance that Mireska can pass those 2 Triumphs back to their respective rollers (Camo and Jorin)?

Just now, Bellona said:

... And that will be the trigger to get Mireska's attention away from the droideka.

Any chance that Mireska can pass those 2 Triumphs back to their respective rollers (Camo and Jorin)?

I think it certainly makes thematic sense. As a GM, I would allow it. All it does is shift around who get the upgrades. If our GM objects, we can always fudge the numbers to make it kosher.

IIRC, Mireska is at Short range from the squad, right?

Just now, Bellona said:

IIRC, Mireska is at Short range from the squad, right?

Yes.

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Mireska would like to go first at the top of round 3, unless there's a good reason for Camo to go before her?