PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

27 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I want to say yes (and he's only at Short range, making that simpler), but I don't want to be selfish.

I don't think there'll be too much opportunity cost since I think we're near the end of the session. (Good grief, this better not cost us a PC 😬 )

Actually, wait. I've got For the Republic, so I'll try that first: For the Republic! : 3eP+1eB+4eD 1 failure, 2 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png p-a.png b-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Uuhhh...

@EliasWindrider , is there anything I can do with the double Triumph? Maybe he's still incapacitated (and of course the future +10) but doesn't die? I assume Camouflage takes 2 Strain with the Threat.

I'll wait on word for this before narrating IC.

Havoc can survive for 2 triumph if he loses an arm. We can fix him up with a cybernetic.

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Havoc can survive for 2 triumph if he loses an arm. We can fix him up with a cybernetic.

Awesome! Maybe some time away for recovery and then he rejoins the team. Thanks!

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

"We can repair him." :)

(I hope that I got the quotation right.)

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Awesome! Maybe some time away for recovery and then he rejoins the team. Thanks!

That sounds fair. You're welcome.

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Rebuild him, better stronger, faster than he was before.

Shall I take Mireska's turn now, and try to deal with droideka A?

5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

"We have the technology, we can rebuild him."

Just now, Bellona said:

Shall I take Mireska's turn now, and try to deal with droideka A?

Roll here then wait for @P-47 Thunderbolt to post first.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

"We have the technology, we can rebuild him."

So I wasn't the only one here who watched the 6 million dollar man as a child.

I didn't, but my dad did. :D

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

I was trying for the final line from Robocop, but yes, I have also watched both Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman (re-runs ...).

I was trying for the final line from Robocop, but yes, I have also watched both Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman (re-runs ...).

I watched them Not as reruns as a child and broke the big toe of my foot by jumping off a porch making bionic man sounds. I was over 4 and under 8.

Mireska ...

Manoeuvre: move to re-engage Droideka A.

Action: lightsabre attack on Droideka A plus Flow power

LSa vs. Droideka A, plus Flow power : 1eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+2eS+3eF 1 success, 3 threat, 6 Dark Side
p-s-s.png a--.png c-f.png d-th.png s-th.png s-th.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

Final Result (+1 Success w. successful attack from Personalised Design, +1 Advantage from Fine-Tuned Emitter, DS pips not used) : 2 Successes, 2 Threats .

Damage dealt to Droideka A: 6+2 damage w. Breach 1 vs. Soak 15 , so Droideka A is now at 8/18 3/12 Wounds .

2 Threats: +2 Strain to Mireska, leaving her with 5/17 Wounds and 6/19 Strain.

(Unless those 2 Threats are spent differently?)

Edited by Bellona
Droideka was "upgraded".

Mireska ...

Manoeuvre: move to re-engage Droideka A.

Action: lightsabre attack on Droideka A plus Flow power

LSa vs. Droideka A, plus Flow power : 1eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+2eS+3eF 1 success, 3 threat, 6 Dark Side
p-s-s.png a--.png c-f.png d-th.png s-th.png s-th.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

Final Result (+1 Success w. successful attack from Personalised Design, +1 Advantage from Fine-Tuned Emitter, DS pips not used) : 2 Successes, 2 Threats .

Damage dealt to Droideka A: 6+2 damage w. Breach 1, so Droideka A is now at 8/18 Wounds .

That's fine for the threat.

@RuusMarev you're up I think.

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Damage dealt to Droideka A: 6+2 damage w. Breach 1, so Droideka A is now at 8/18 Wounds .

Actually, with the houseruled Droideka, you have to "Breach" the shield, then your lightsaber is soaked by its Soak (5), so you deal 3 damage to it's WT of 15.

@P-47 Thunderbolt were you thinking of a special cybernetic or baseline replacement?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Actually, with the houseruled Droideka, you have to "Breach" the shield, then your lightsaber is soaked by its Soak (5), so you deal 3 damage to it's WT of 15.

I keep forgetting that. @Bellona he's right that I agreed to this house rule he suggested

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt were you thinking of a special cybernetic or baseline replacement?

I was only expecting a baseline replacement. Maybe make it a scanner arm, if that's an option.

I keep forgetting that. @Bellona he's right that I agreed to this house rule he suggested

So Breach 1, which normally ignores 10 points of Soak, is useless here?!?

Just now, Bellona said:

So Breach 1, which normally ignores 10 points of Soak, is useless here?!?

The shield has 10 Soak, so Breach 1 on your lightsaber allows you to get past the shield.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I was only expecting a baseline replacement. Maybe make it a scanner arm, if that's an option.

Sure. But you're going to be down a man for a while, until he recovers.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The shield has 10 Soak, so Breach 1 on your lightsaber allows you to get past the shield.

For my future reference, would you please give me the exact page number for that suggested upgrade to the Droidekas (not just the originally suggested change but also the final accepted version).

... And what was the reasoning behind that change?!? They don't need to be upgraded any more!

Edited by Bellona
2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

For my future reference, would you please give me the exact page number for that suggested upgrade to the Droidekas (not just the originally suggested change but also the final accepted version).

... And what was the reasoning behind that change?!?

29, and the only change that was made was shifting 1 Armor to 10 Soak (since I treat them as synonyms even though they technically aren't).

The main reasoning was that the shields should have ablative abilities, and the only reason, I think, the droideka has such high Soak and WT is because 2 Defense is so lackluster.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

29, and the only change that was made was shifting 1 Armor to 10 Soak (since I treat them as synonyms even though they technically aren't).

The main reasoning was that the shields should have ablative abilities, and the only reason, I think, the droideka has such high Soak and WT is because 2 Defense is so lackluster.

Misc p. 29 is the suggested change. Where is the finalised and accepted version?

Don't forget that they upgrade the difficulty of any attack against them. That can be very nasty.

Edited by Bellona

Don't forget that they upgrade the difficulty of any attack against them. That can be very nasty.

But it's only equivalent to Adversary 1, which most opponents of that nature possess anyway. It can be bad, but it doesn't generally do much to make you fail to damage the droideka.