PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Bellona @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev . Do any of you want to narrate that, Im watching my kids (wife is a night nurse)

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, these were the buffed Minions, I thought they could survive? Condor's troopers survived getting dropped, didn't they?

Condor's survived being dropped by a stun grenade. Was the wt exceeded or met?

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, these were the buffed Minions, I thought they could survive? Condor's troopers survived getting dropped, didn't they?

@EliasWindrider , and one of my guys survived getting dropped earlier.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Condor's survived being dropped by a stun grenade. Was the wt exceeded or met?

With one hit, the WT is met. With two, it drops one and meets a second's WT.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , and one of my guys survived getting dropped earlier.

I didn't know that, count it as a freebie.

With one hit, the WT is met. With two, it drops one and meets a second's WT.

Second guy needs a stim quick.

Well then why did I bother making characters. I was led to believe that the buffed Minions would have a chance to survive, while the standard Minions would be cannon fodder.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well then why did I bother making characters. I was led to believe that the buffed Minions would have a chance to survive, while the standard Minions would be cannon fodder.

Don't they have 7 wounds? . Shouldn't the second guy have 2 wounds left. Tell you what, all buffed minions survive being incapacitated if you flip a dp, this is per encounter.

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Don't they have 7 wounds? . Shouldn't the second guy have 2 wounds left. Tell you what, all buffed minions survive being incapacitated if you flip a dp

Yes, my mistake.

Are you saying a DP per minion ?

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, my mistake.

Are you saying a DP per minion ?

No all incapacitated buffed minions survive an encounter with a single dp flip.

And they can get a scar talent in the process (every minion in the group benefits), 3 scar talents max for the group... can only get 1 scar talent per dp flip.

Edited by EliasWindrider
Just now, EliasWindrider said:

No all incapacitated buffed minions survive an encounter with a single dp flip.

Okay, then yes.

Wait, I had an idea. What if we rolled "crits" for them each time they are incapacitated? So roll percentile dice, if it's above X number they die, if it's below they get a +10 to the next roll?

I'd be the only one having to keep the books on that, so it doesn't add anything to your plate, but it also serves to make it a bit more random. That way you don't end up with "Oh, they all got dropped but all miraculously survived" on one end and "they all die" on the other.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, then yes.

Wait, I had an idea. What if we rolled "crits" for them each time they are incapacitated? So roll percentile dice, if it's above X number they die, if it's below they get a +10 to the next roll?

I'd be the only one having to keep the books on that, so it doesn't add anything to your plate, but it also serves to make it a bit more random. That way you don't end up with "Oh, they all got dropped but all miraculously survived" on one end and "they all die" on the other.

I think you might like scar talents better.

If you pick up time to go... single do gets them all out of range of a grenade.

What are you proposing for X?

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

I think you might like scar talents better.

What are you proposing for X?

I want to say 75, gives them a 25% chance of dying, then 35, etc. Max they can survive is 7 incapacitations, but that's if they get ridiculously lucky. Likely to survive the first 2 or 3.

But, I'm guessing you'd be more willing to go with 50. 50% of dying on the first roll, max they can survive is 4.

Perhaps a middle ground of 60?

And what do you mean about Scar talents?

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I want to say 75, gives them a 25% chance of dying, then 35, etc. Max they can survive is 7 incapacitations, but that's if they get ridiculously lucky. Likely to survive the first 2 or 3.

But, I'm guessing you'd be more willing to go with 50. 50% of dying on the first roll, max they can survive is 4.

Perhaps a middle ground of 60?

And what do you mean about Scar talents?

I edited a post while you were posting.

When a buffed minion drops and you flip a dp to have all minions in the group survive the encounter, the minion group gets a scar talent (last 2 pages of forged in battle)

I'd do 70.

Edited by EliasWindrider

There'd be a little negotiation about which scar talent you got (the more dropped the more say you have in the choice of talent.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I edited a post while you were posting.

When a buffed minion drops and you flip a dp to have all minions in the group survive the encounter, the minion group gets a scar talent (last 2 pages of forged in battle)

I guess I'm okay with either, but I like the idea of a roll to determine if they survive. Feels more right for this RPG and adds a bit of randomness.

Perhaps when some are dropped, but survive, we could do a Scar talent? Whether that's through a DP, or a GM grant, or something else?
I suppose it might also be interesting to have a list of potential maluses (anti-talents) that could apply.

This is interesting. How about for now we go with the roll like I suggested (70 is good!), and I'll assemble a list of bonuses and maluses to be rolled on when [trigger event] happens? You'd have input of course, but I'd be the one to actually go through and pull stuff together to show you.

8 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I guess I'm okay with either, but I like the idea of a roll to determine if they survive. Feels more right for this RPG and adds a bit of randomness.

Perhaps when some are dropped, but survive, we could do a Scar talent? Whether that's through a DP, or a GM grant, or something else?
I suppose it might also be interesting to have a list of potential maluses (anti-talents) that could apply.

This is interesting. How about for now we go with the roll like I suggested (70 is good!), and I'll assemble a list of bonuses and maluses to be rolled on when [trigger event] happens? You'd have input of course, but I'd be the one to actually go through and pull stuff together to show you.

How about

Roll against 70, if 3+ drop (whether or not they survive) you can flip a dp and get a scar talent?

You can only get the minion group 1 copy of toughened this way. +2×6 = +12 wt for the group I'd only allow once.

Edited by EliasWindrider
4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

How about

Roll against 70, if 3+ drop (whether or not they survive) you can flip a dp and get a scar talent?

Sure.

Critical Injury : 1d100 92

Sadly, Havoc still dies. 😢

Sure.

Critical Injury : 1d100 92

Sadly, Havoc still dies. 😢

How about you narrate the actions I just rolled.... make havoc go out a hero (and I gotta watch kids)

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

How about you narrate the actions I just rolled.... make havoc go out a hero (and I gotta watch kids)

Okay.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona

Droideeka C tried to run over you your plasma shield made the difference narrate appropriately

Trying to run over Mireska : 5eA+1eC+1eD+4eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
a--.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png c--.png d--.png s-f.png s-f.png s--.png s-f.png

Those rolling droideekas (C & D) each using their 2 advantage to force Mireska/Jorin to dodge out of the way/disengage from droideekas A/B. Now that Mireska/Jorin are no longer engaged with Droidekka A/B, Droideeka A/B are going to open up at Mireska/Jorin with their guns.

@Bellona

your luck didn't hold 15 damage incoming.

Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+5eS 3 successes
p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s.png c--.png d--.png s--.png s--.png s-f.png s--.png s--.png

It takes just 2 Advantages to get someone else to disengage?!?

I must remember that for myself later ...

15 damage - 4 (Reflect 2, but +3 Strain) - 6 (Soak 4+2) = +5 Wounds, +3 Strain, leaving Mireska at 5/17 Wounds and 4/19 Strain.

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

It takes just 2 Advantages to get someone else to disengage?!?

I must remember that for myself later ...

15 damage - 4 (Reflect 2, but +3 Strain) - 6 (Soak 4+2) = +5 Wounds, +3 Strain, leaving Mireska at 5/17 Wounds and 4/19 Strain.

I thought it was narratively appropriate for a rolling droideeka narrowly missing being described as jedi diving out of the way. But yeah with appropriate narrative justification, 2 advantage will do it in this game.

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Mireska has a once per session ability to resuscitate someone, one which requires her to use it on her next turn (and get closer to the target). Do you want her to use it on Havoc?

23 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt

Mireska has a once per session ability to resuscitate someone, one which requires her to use it on her next turn (and get closer to the target). Do you want her to use it on Havoc?

I want to say yes (and he's only at Short range, making that simpler), but I don't want to be selfish.

I don't think there'll be too much opportunity cost since I think we're near the end of the session. (Good grief, this better not cost us a PC 😬 )

Actually, wait. I've got For the Republic, so I'll try that first: For the Republic! : 3eP+1eB+4eD 1 failure, 2 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png p-a.png b-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Uuhhh...

@EliasWindrider , is there anything I can do with the double Triumph? Maybe he's still incapacitated (and of course the future +10) but doesn't die? I assume Camouflage takes 2 Strain with the Threat.

I'll wait on word for this before narrating IC.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Round 2:

Camouflage:
Maneuver: Mount the turret
Incidental: Aim
Incidental: Rapid Fire
Action: Blast 'em! (Clanker Killer 2 adds 2 Advantage): Vengeance!!!! : 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p--.png p-s-s.png a-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Clanker Killer and Design Flaw bring that to 2s3a1T, and First Among Brothers adds 2 Advantage (Boost to Varactyls).

That's 15 and a crit on the droids in the AAT, killing all three.
With 2 Advantage and a Triumph, he'll score two hits on the B2s, first for 15 damage and the second for 12, and each with an auto-crit: 27-6*2=15, 15+4=19, with 2 auto-crits, that's 4 down and 5 spillover wounds.
Blaster number 1 runs out of ammo.