PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

..wait, did I need setbacks too?

Nope, because you have THTF working for you.

@RuusMarev , don't forget that you auto-crit.

With Breach, you ignore the 10 Soak from the shield, and you deal 10 damage factoring in the auto-success. Minus Soak, that puts it at 5/15.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@RuusMarev , don't forget that you auto-crit.

With Breach, you ignore the 10 Soak from the shield, and you deal 10 damage factoring in the auto-success. Minus Soak, that puts it at 5/15.

(looking through my sheet) Where is that?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

(looking through my sheet) Where is that?

You auto-crit because of The Harder They Fall (THTF).

oh, from bellona?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You auto-crit because of The Harder They Fall (THTF).

@RuusMarev

Near the bottom of p. 98 of this thread is where P-47 mentioned activating it for you.

(I only gave you a +1 Boost.)

Edited by Bellona
Just now, RuusMarev said:

oh, from bellona?

Camo's Engineer Signature Ability.

ahhh... ok :D (keep that coming. lol)

How much/little damage does Joirn do, narratively?

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

How much/little damage does Joirn do, narratively?

About a third of its health, but the narrative of the damage depends somewhat on the result of the crit. d100 on Orokos.

: 1d100 50

the chart is in a Core, correct?

Edited by RuusMarev

Without any Vicious, that's Head Ringer. Increases the difficulty of Cunning and Intellect checks once. Which is, well, useless.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Move to Short
Action: Auto-fire attack the B2s: Scrap 'em! : 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 7 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Dang it! I need just one more advantage and I would've nearly wiped the front row. I guess you could say I'm a victim of my own success...

16 with Pierce 1 and an autocrit takes out 2 B2s (4 spillover wounds). Passing on a Boost with the 1 Advantage.

@EliasWindrider , this brings the droids up, I believe.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Move to Short
Action: Auto-fire attack the B2s: Scrap 'em! : 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 7 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Dang it! I need just one more advantage and I would've nearly wiped the front row. I guess you could say I'm a victim of my own success...

16 with Pierce 1 and an autocrit takes out 2 B2s (4 spillover wounds). Passing on a Boost with the 1 Advantage.

@EliasWindrider , this brings the droids up, I believe.

The rolling droideekas will try to run over Mireska and Jorin/squish them again the stationary droideekas shid... what should the difficulty of those checks and the damage be.... I was thinking 10 damage us successes, maybe a brawl or athletics or pilot planetary

31 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The rolling droideekas will try to run over Mireska and Jorin/squish them again the stationary droideekas shid... what should the difficulty of those checks and the damage be.... I was thinking 10 damage us successes, maybe a brawl or athletics or pilot planetary

I don't think they really can. They'd pass right through the shield, so it would just be getting run into by droidekas. I'd say just make it a standard Brawl attack.

But the rolling ones would probably be better off deploying as a maneuver and firing at Mireska/Jorin. Even if they roll a Despair and hit their ally (something they wouldn't care about anyway), they aren't likely to actually do anything through the shield and Soak.

ETA: I guess one way to do it would be like the Move Force power, so 10 damage for a sil 1 object. I'd say Athletics vs. Coordination, treating it like a melee check for the purposes of upgrades and Defense.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

@Bellona @RuusMarev what's your current melee defense. I know Mireska is at 2 red plus whatever else.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

what's your current melee defense. I know Mireska is at 2 red plus whatever else.

Mireska's Defence is 4/4 (armour plus PPS).

The red upgrade isn't two reds on in one dice pool, but instead one red in two dice pools (i.e., two attackers). (Mireska has the Duration upgrade for Sense, but doesn't have the Strength upgrade yet.)

ETA:

I just realised that I forgot to add +1 Advantage to Mireska's lightsabre attack (Fine-Tuned Emitter). That 1 Advantage will change how Mireska spends her Advantages, notably in this case she only recovers 1 Strain (leaving her at Strain 1/19) and gives Droideka A +1 Setback on its next check which stacks with Mireska's Defence 4 .

I'll edit the OOC version of the attack to reflect the addition of the missing Advantage and the resulting changes.

Edited by Bellona
+1 Setback to droideka A
2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona @RuusMarev what's your current melee defense. I know Mireska is at 2 red plus whatever else.

Unless I missed something, I believe Jorin has 1 defense from his armor..

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

Unless I missed something, I believe Jorin has 1 defense from his armor..

Maybe we should have attacked the same droideka - that way Mireska can at least intercept some of what's coming ... be the protective master that she's supposed to be. :)

Don't forget that Camo gave us +2 Soak until the end of this turn.

Edited by Bellona

@Bellona

Droideeka C tried to run over you your plasma shield made the difference narrate appropriately

Trying to run over Mireska : 5eA+1eC+1eD+4eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
a--.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png c--.png d--.png s-f.png s-f.png s--.png s-f.png

@RuusMarev Droideeka D tried to run over Jorin, you are insanely lucky

Trying to run over Jorin : 5eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png s-f.png

Those rolling droideekas (C & D) each using their 2 advantage to force Mireska/Jorin to dodge out of the way/disengage from droideekas A/B. Now that Mireska/Jorin are no longer engaged with Droidekka A/B, Droideeka A/B are going to open up at Mireska/Jorin with their guns.

@Bellona

your luck didn't hold 15 damage incoming.

Shooting at Mireska : 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+5eS 3 successes
p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s.png c--.png d--.png s--.png s--.png s-f.png s--.png s--.png

@RuusMarev

You continue to be lucky

Shooting at Jorin : 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p--.png a-s.png d-f-th.png s--.png

@P-47 Thunderbolt what are the b2's rolling against for targeting Varactyl squad?

@EliasWindrider

Short range with a Setback for cover.

Yeah, they're in trouble.

20 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider

Short range with a Setback for cover.

Yeah, they're in trouble.

Shooting at Varactyl squad : 3eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png d--.png s-f.png

13 damage incoming, I could activate linked can't crit but if you want to fudge I can say it's a crit instead of linked (you'd lose fewer men that way)

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Shooting at Varactyl squad : 3eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png d--.png s-f.png

13 damage incoming, I could activate linked can't crit but if you want to fudge I can say it's a crit instead of linked (you'd lose fewer men that way)

I'll just take the damage from Linked. With the bonus 2 Soak, that's only 12 damage total, only enough to drop a single guy.

And since it isn't a crit, it makes more narrative sense for him to survive (because I want him to survive!).

Who gets hit? : 1d6 2

Havoc is down.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'll just take the damage from Linked. With the bonus 2 Soak, that's only 12 damage total, only enough to drop a single guy.

And since it isn't a crit, it makes more narrative sense for him to survive (because I want him to survive!).

The dropped guy doesn't survive. Going for a gritty war narrative. PCs get plot armor npcs don't.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

The dropped guy doesn't survive. Going for a gritty war narrative. PCs get plot armor npcs don't.

Wait, these were the buffed Minions, I thought they could survive? Condor's troopers survived getting dropped, didn't they?