PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Actually, the Makashi I can understand - part of her training was from Dooku, and he's a master of that particular lightsabre form.

Other than Makashi, I would expect her to have some combination of Ataru, Shii-Cho, and maybe Juyo. IIRC, she's both acrobatic and strong, and darksiders use Juyo often (e.g., Maul). (It took Mace Windu to develop Juyo into the more lightside-acceptable Vaapad.)

What she really used (I believe) was Jar'kai, which I think has more game-mechanical similarities to Ataru.

Preparation round ...

Action: commit 1 Force die to the Sense power. Until I release that die, in each round the first two attacks against Mireska have their difficulty upgraded once .

Manoeuvre: get into a good starting position, I guess. More specifically, take cover within Short range of the rest of the team, so as to take advantage of Camouflage's Prime Positions talent. If any enemy beats Mireska's initiative slot and attacks her, then Mireska will have Soak +2 against that attack.

Incidentals: activate lightsabre, activate portable plasma shield (raising her defences to 4/4)

And a reminder: if Mireska is targeted by a hostile Force power , "after the opponent generates Force pips, reduce the total pips generated by 1 to a minimum of 0" (Calming Aura talent from the Healer tree). I assume that the pip that disappears is of the type (LS/DS) preferred by the opponent, i.e., darksiders lose a DS pip and lightsiders lose a LS pip.

Initiative for this dance ...

Initiative! Cool + Foresee power : 1eP+2eA+4eF 4 successes, 1 advantage, 6 Light Side
p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

(WTF?!? Why can't I roll that well when I really need those LS pips?!?)

Oops, there should have been only 3 Force dice in that dice pool (I was doing this out of order because I got ahead of myself), so I'll "remove" the last Force die

Final Result (using 5 LS pips for 5 Successes) : 9 Successes, 1 Advantage

... possibly 11 Successes, 1 Advantage if Camouflage's Get the Drop talent is activated.

... hmmm, this will be interesting ...

Edited by Bellona
Adjustment to preparation round.

Is Ventress in the Clone wars source books?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Is Ventress in the Clone wars source books?

The first one, RotSep.

Of course, our GM has warned us that his versions of the NPCs will not necessarily be following the books.

4 minutes ago, Bellona said:

The first one, RotSep.

Of course, our GM has warned us that his versions of the NPCs will not necessarily be following the books.

Oh, I'm cool with tweeking them, I'm just curious how op she is now :D

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Preparation round ...

Action: commit 1 Force die to the Sense power. Until I release that die, in each round the first two attacks against Mireska have their difficulty upgraded once .

Manoeuvre: get into a good starting position, I guess

Incidentals: activate lightsabre, activate portable plasma shield (raising defences to 4/4)

And a reminder: if Mireska is targeted by a hostile Force power, "after the opponent generates Force pips, reduce the total pips generated by 1 to a minimum of 0" (Calming Aura talent from the Healer tree). I assume that the pip that disappears is of the type (LS/DS) preferred by the opponent, i.e., darksiders lose a DS pip and lightsiders lose a LS pip.

Initiative for this dance ...

Initiative! Cool + Foresee power : 1eP+2eA+4eF 4 successes, 1 advantage, 6 Light Side
p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

(WTF?!? Why can't I roll that well when I really need those LS pips?!?)

Oops, there should have been only 3 Force dice in that dice pool (I was doing this out of order because I got ahead of myself), so I'll "remove" the last Force die

Final Result (using 5 LS pips for 5 Successes) : 9 Successes, 1 Advantage.

... hmmm, this will be interesting ...

For a maneuver, take the best cover you can. Tactical Advance and Prime Positions means you get +2 Soak.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

For a maneuver, take the best cover you can. Tactical Advance and Prime Positions means you get +2 Soak.

That sounds good in case we lose the initiative as a group ... I'll adjust my Preparation round statement to reflect this.

20 minutes ago, Bellona said:

That sounds good in case we lose the initiative as a group ... I'll adjust my Preparation round statement to reflect this.

If Camo goes first, he can use Tactical Advance so that until the end of his next turn, we still count as being in cover. It's basically 2 free soak.

Mireska will almost certainly win initiative, so she and Camouflage could swap spots.

Jorin feels a twinge in the Force.. I have a bad feeling about this....

(and with that, we are officially in Star Wars :D :D )

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev

Would it be better for the two Jedi to go after the two rolling droidekas first?

The rolling ones won't have their shield up, so we'd have a better chance of getting them out of the way first, before having to deal with the headache of the stationary ones.

(Droideka stats are on p. 20 of the Misc thread.)

15 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev

Would it be better for the two Jedi to go after the two rolling droidekas first?

The rolling ones won't have their shield up, so we'd have a better chance of getting them out of the way first, before having to deal with the headache of the stationary ones.

(Droideka stats are on p. 20 of the Misc thread.)

True, but I guess the question is where are they? That's a pretty big question. Fortunately in this scenario, THTF lasts until the end of the encounter, and removes 2 Defense. That means that all Droidekas get from their shield is a single difficulty upgrade. Plus, if you engaged the ones with their shields up, they can't maneuver away which means they can't actually attack you with their primary since their weapons are Gunnery, which means they are left with their leg, which can be Parried and/or Soaked pretty easily.

Actually, page 29 (only change was 1 Armor to 10 Soak):

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Man... I wish I would've though of this sooner... We could have Jedi send explosives to the Droidekas with Move.... Magnetic charges or improvised "sticky" grenades...

2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Kinda glad I am not there...

I was planning on the the shield generator being about to stop moving and start expanding bringing you just inside the bubble a round or 2 into the fight with ventress so you can take potshots at her, and be the reason she has to retreat.

22 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

True, but I guess the question is where are they? That's a pretty big question. Fortunately in this scenario, THTF lasts until the end of the encounter, and removes 2 Defense. That means that all Droidekas get from their shield is a single difficulty upgrade. Plus, if you engaged the ones with their shields up, they can't maneuver away which means they can't actually attack you with their primary since their weapons are Gunnery, which means they are left with their leg, which can be Parried and/or Soaked pretty easily.

Actually, page 29 (only change was 1 Armor to 10 Soak):

We had a discussion about stationary droidekas when the bridge team ran into some on board the Invincible . (OOC pp. 28-29.) I had reasoned that if confronted by a melee combatant, then the droidekas couldn't use the Gunnery-based attack (as per the rules about using Gunnery skill attacks), and would therefore need to forego the Gunnery-based attack in order to use the Melee leg attack on the melee enemy. Unfortunately, our GM disagreed. He had the droidekas attack with the Gunnery skill, even through some of us were Engaged with the droidekas. :(

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

We had a discussion about stationary droidekas when the bridge team ran into some on board the Invincible . (OOC pp. 28-29.) I had reasoned that if confronted by a melee combatant, then the droidekas couldn't use the Gunnery-based attack (as per the rules about using Gunnery skill attacks), and would therefore need to forego the Gunnery-based attack in order to use the Melee leg attack on the melee enemy. Unfortunately, our GM disagreed. He had the droidekas attack with the Gunnery skill, even through some of us were Engaged with the droidekas. :(

Per RAW, you can't attack with Gunnery when Engaged.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Per RAW, you can't attack with Gunnery when Engaged.

I agree with you. Our GM did not.

(You can check the pages in question for the details.)

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I agree with you. Our GM did not.

(You can check the pages in question for the details.)

It can still fire with its Gunnery weapons, but it can't use them against Engaged targets.

18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I was planning on the the shield generator being about to stop moving and start expanding bringing you just inside the bubble a round or 2 into the fight with ventress so you can take potshots at her, and be the reason she has to retreat.

When will I be able to see my target?

@RuusMarev :

Did you roll Initiative?

@P-47 Thunderbolt :

Did Varactyl Squad get an Initiative roll too?

:)

Edited by Bellona
2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@RuusMarev :

Did you roll Initiative?

@P-47 Thunderbolt :

:)

Cool, correct?

Just now, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt :

Not yet, but I guess I'll go ahead and do that now.

Varactyls will move to cover and roll Initiative: Initiative (Cool) : 2eP+3eA 4 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png

@EliasWindrider , how many B2s? Where are the droidekas? Is the tank's hatch open? Is the tactical droid in the hatch?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Cool, correct?

Yes.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes.

Player's choice of Cool or Vigilance (GM's house rule).

51 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I've been convinced. We'll do it your way.